SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : RICK WARREN'S YOUTH PASTOR ASSOCIATED WITH EASTERN MEDITATIVE PRACTICES

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

Decieved on Purpose

I must have missed something but there is a lot in Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life that is definitely feeding the dark side.

Why do we need all the add~ons when we have "Jesus"

This link, should give you a few indicators as to what sort of things have been mixed into the broth. Link

2005/11/3 17:27Profile
Sir_Edward

Michigan

Re:

Agent,

I only posted the first link because i hate it when peole only give me part of it. The second definition was for what yoga is.
Now so far i haven't been able ot find where the conference is sponsoring yoga and eastern meditation but here is an interesting link that details more of Cathy Mickels claims.
http://www.earnedmedia.org/mickels0921.htm
It is from the Christian Communication network and news service.

The questions is -is this true and to what extent it Rick's youth pastor involved in promoting or teaching it -- can't find it -- yet.

aeryck,
Yeah I noticed some of the things Rick preaches as inclusiveness with a lot of compromise about the truth. Not surprising when the issue is growing a church instead of purifying it.

Blessings.

2005/11/3 22:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

On the May 2005 issue of Christianity Today magazine's back cover is a full page ad advertising the "Leadership Summit 2005 - August 11-13". This seminar was sponsored by Willow Creek church, led by Bill Hybels. On the speakers roster is Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, Mosa Sono, Eleanor Josaitis, Curtis Sliwa, Ken Blanchard, John Maxwell, Coleen Barrett, Jack Groppel, Henry Cloud and Kenneth Ulmer. I do not know much about most of these people but Ken Blanchard has been identified as a New Age guru. More details of this can be found in the link posted above.

Just thought you might want to know.

ginnyrose

2005/11/3 23:29Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

[b]Sir_Edward,[/b]

Quote:
...here is an interesting link that details more of Cathy Mickels claims. It is from the Christian Communication network and news service.

This link is not helpful either - it is [i]not[/i] a news release by "Christian Communication Network"; because CCN is a news service where users can send their [b]own[/b] news releases. That's why they have this disclaimer: [i]"Issuers of news releases and not the Christian Communication Network are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content."[/i]

Well, the person who send the release is [b]Cathy Mickels[/b], and the release is about the statements of none other than [b]Cathy Mickels[/b]. And there is [b]no[/b] evidence apart from her own claims within the release!

In fact, come to think of it, the original link in the first post basically quotes the same [b]Cathy Mickels[/b]. I wouldn't rely on one person's unsupported words as primary source.

So until I see concrete evidence, I will be reluctant to accept any of the claims within this thread that attempts to connect Rick Warren with eastern meditative practices.

2005/11/4 16:53Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I do not know much about most of these people but Ken Blanchard has been identified as a New Age guru

I have heard Blanchard referred to as a "new age leader" a few times in the forum. I don't know much about him myself, but I do remember his book "The One Minunte Manager." From his website he seems more like a business leadership consultant...(edit: then a pop-spiritual guru.)

What is the reason to classify Blanchard as a New Age guru? Just curious.

MC

2005/11/4 18:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Here's a bit more

[url=http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/management/blanchard.htm]http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/management/blanchard.htm[/url]

2005/11/5 0:36Profile
Compton

Re:

Thanks Mike,

It seems, from those quotes and references, that Blanchard bills himself as a "motivational" business consultant with with a "spiritual" perspective on business.

I think it is interesting how Warren is being admired by the Fortune 500 in America. Big business C-level marketing and management gurus are turning to "spiritual" leaders such as Warren and Blanchard for organizational ideas. It's getting harder and harder to tell big church and big business apart. They use the same "strategic expansion" vocabulary and shape identical visions for their organizations...though their products and services may vary.

MC

2005/11/5 0:56Profile
Sir_Edward

Michigan

Re:

Agent,

I hear what you are saying on this particular issue but the point seems to be by all concerned that 'what does light have to do with darkness'. Ken Blanchard and Rick are definitely tighter than anyone with real faith would like. I think what Cathy others are asking is 'why should there be a New Age type at a Christian Youth conference in the first place?' and it is legitimate question.

Blessings.

2005/11/5 11:43Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Quote:
I think what Cathy others are asking is 'why should there be a New Age type at a Christian Youth conference in the first place?' and it is legitimate question.

It is only "legitimate" if allegations of those "New Age connection" are [b]true[/b]. You can't just trust an article that cooks up a few unproven allegations and remote "evil" connections to show how evil a person is.

It is Doug Fields from Saddleback, not Rick Warren, who was the speaker of this conference referred to in the first post. This conference was Christian in orientation, the only alleged problem is that there were some (unproven) allegations regarding one of its sponsors.

Critics will never fail to find [b]guilt by association.[/b] If one is out there to find an "evil association," I guarantee you will find it. Even godly men like Billy Graham.

My aunty's grandmother's neighbour's great grandmother is allegedly a witch. Now burn me on the stake, please! Because I am involved in witchcraft.

2005/11/7 11:07Profile
Sir_Edward

Michigan

Re:

Agent,
'What fellowship has light with darkness?'

Sorry, at least their concerns are legitimate. My problem with Rick isn't this anyway -- it is his brazen use of corporate methods to bring about church growth where beleivers are shollow and self centered. 'seeker sensitive' -- find it in Scripture. I can't -- I do find my signature verses 2 Timothy 4:1-5 though but if there is a man itching ears these days with his sermons it is Rick Warren. 'It all about YOU" is a major theme of his. I rather listen to Ray Comfort, Ravenhill and Tozer, Thank You. God Bless the Street Preachers who do not water down the gospel for the sake of growing numbers.

I agree there are a lot of holes in this particular story but it may very well be that they will be proven true in some measure later. I simply said I wouldn't be surprised given some of his other conections to false teachings.

Blessings.

2005/11/7 22:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy