SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Quote:
Birthing takes a Father. The Holy Spirit is not the Father. The Holy Spirit is the sealer and the spirit conformation of the Act. Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Is it the Holy Spirit that causes birth?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/28 22:36Profile
rookie

Re:

Sis asked:

Quote:
Do you mean, 'these who live by faith' and those who don't live by faith?

Scripture states that God spoke this to Satan at the fall of man...

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

In verse 14, Scripture clearly states that God is speaking to Satan...

In verse 15, Scripture states that there will be enmity between Satan and the woman, and enmity between Satan's seed and the woman's Seed.

Now we find clearly stated in Scripture that there was enmity between Cain and Abel. We know that the outworking of this enmity resulted in the manifestation of murder in the life of Cain.

We know from Scripture that God spoke to both Cain and Abel. We know that Abel's works were righteous because he obeyed God. We know that God also spoke to Cain and encouraged him to repent...

We know from Scripture that Cain did not choose to listen to God and rather turned to Satan to do the things which please Satan.

We know from Scripture that there are two seeds, one that takes on the nature of Satan and the other that takes on the nature of the Seed.

The promise given to all who repent is this...

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Does this promise, according to Scripture, only take place after Christ's ressurection? Or does Scripture teach, by the many examples given, that God's pouring out of His Spirit on man causes men to know His words?

1Pe 1:22 ¶ Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

According to the Scripture above we are born again, by the word of God...

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/28 23:04Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Which is the Father?

Luke 1:34-35 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Who does the bidding of the Father?

The Holy Spirit.

Who was it that caused you natural birth?

The Seed of your father.

Who breaths the breath of life into the Seed?

God the Father.

The Holy Spirit is not the cause of birth. The Father's Seed is the cause of birth. The Holy Spirit is the barer of that Seed and came upon Mary that she should conceive. The same for the Born Again, only The Holy Spirit now comes into the believer and bares the Seed of the Father, Jesus Christ, who makes us son's and co-heirs with our Lord and children of God by the "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

Therefore also that holy thing which shall be born again in thee shall be called the Son of God, making you a son also.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The Spirit of Life, Christ and the Spirit of Truth, The Holy Spirit, The Comforter and Parakleet Teacher of The Incorruptable Seed of the Father, which is Christ in you.

In Christ by the Seed of the Father:

Phillip

2007/11/28 23:09Profile
rookie

Re:

Job 29:1 ¶ Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,

Job 29:2 Oh that I were as [in] months past, as [in] the days [when] God preserved me;

Job 29:3 When his candle shined upon my head, [and when] by his light I walked [through] darkness;

Job 29:4 As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God [was] upon my tabernacle;

Job 29:5 When the Almighty [was] yet with me, [when] my children [were] about me;

Job 29:6 When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;

In this section of Scripture we see that Job was counseled by God...if one were to read further one would find that results or fruit is grown in the life of one whom God speaks to. Look at the results of God's counsel to Job...

Job 29:7 When I went out to the gate through the city, [when] I prepared my seat in the street!

Job 29:8 The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, [and] stood up.

Job 29:9 The princes refrained talking, and laid [their] hand on their mouth.

Job 29:10 The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.

Job 29:11 When the ear heard [me], then it blessed me; and when the eye saw [me], it gave witness to me:

Job 29:12 Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and [him that had] none to help him.

Job 29:13 The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.

Job 29:14 I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment [was] as a robe and a diadem.

Job 29:15 I was eyes to the blind, and feet [was] I to the lame.

Job 29:16 I [was] a father to the poor: and the cause [which] I knew not I searched out.

Job 29:17 And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.

If one were to do a study of God's men, would one find the same fruit?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/28 23:15Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
The Holy Spirit is not the cause of birth. The Father's Seed is the cause of birth. The Holy Spirit is the barer of that Seed and came upon Mary that she should conceive. The same for the Born Again, only The Holy Spirit now comes into the believer and bares the Seed of the Father, Jesus Christ, who makes us son's and co-heirs with our Lord and children of God by the "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

In Genesis 3:15 who is the woman? Is she made of corruptible flesh?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/28 23:19Profile
rookie

Re:

I begun listening to Russell Kelfer teach on the book of Proverbs...

In the first sermon he teaches that wisdom given to us in the book of Proverbs is the mind of Christ.

We are born of the incorruptible word of God...through the Holy Spirit...

http://ffc.firefighters.org/kelfer/24001.mp3

This teaching is the essence of what I have been laboring to communicate in this thread...

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/28 23:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The Seed of the woman conceived by the Seed of God.

Jesus Christ, all man and all God. Hbr 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

All God:

Jhn 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Jesus Christ: All the fulness of God dwells in Him.

John 1:12-18 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Fulness of God in us:

Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

In Christ: Phillip

2007/11/28 23:55Profile

Re: Born Again By What Means

Jeff said

Quote:
The promise given to all who repent is this...

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Does this promise, according to Scripture, only take place after Christ's ressurection? Or does Scripture teach, by the many examples given, that God's pouring out of His Spirit on man causes men to know His words?

Indeed men 'know' God's words, but with limited understanding. The Word does not dwell in them as become possible after Pentecost.

Quote:
According to the Scripture above we are born again, by the word of God...

Yes - we receive the incorruptible seed. This was not available to the Old Testament saints.

2007/11/29 0:37

Jeff said

Quote:
In this section of Scripture we see that Job was counseled by God...if one were to read further one would find that results or fruit is grown in the life of one whom God speaks to. Look at the results of God's counsel to Job...

If one were to do a study of God's men, would one find the same fruit?

Still it is guesswork to assume these words are an accurate description of the life of Job himself (as I said earlier), as it sounds prophetic to me. Therefore, we do expect to find the same fruit in the life of Christ, and in our lives, but, do we find it in ourselves?

2007/11/29 0:42

Jeff asked

Quote:
In Genesis 3:15 who is the woman? Is she made of corruptible flesh?

Yes she is... more like soon-to-be-dead flesh, actually.

That's why the New Covenant is so much more powerful than the Old, because we receive the Spirit of adoption whereby we cry 'Father'.

And, the Holy Spirit comes to make the life of Jesus Christ real in our flesh:

Romans 8
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, [b]he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you[/b].
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

2007/11/29 0:49

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy