SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Born Again By What Means

Quote:
The outcome is predestined. We who believe will become more like Christ.

I've never thought of it as 'predestined' before, but here is what John has to say.

(Young) 1 John 3
1 See ye what love the Father hath given to us, that children of God we may be called; because of this the world doth not know us, because it did not know Him;
2 [b]beloved, now, children of God are we, and it was not yet manifested what we shall be, and we have known that if he may be manifested, like him we shall be, because we shall see him as he is[/b];
3 and every one who is having this hope on him, doth purify himself, even as he is pure.

4 Every one who is doing the sin, the lawlessness also he doth do, and the sin is the lawlessness, 5 and ye have known that he was manifested that our sins he may take away, and sin is not in him; 6 every one who is remaining in him doth not sin; every one who is sinning, hath not seen him, nor known him.

7 Little children, let no one lead you astray; he who is doing the righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous, 8 he who is doing the sin, of the devil he is, because from the beginning the devil doth sin; for this was the Son of God manifested, that he may break up the works of the devil; 9 every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain, and he is not able to sin, because of God he hath been begotten.

10 In this manifest are the children of God, and the children of the devil; every one who is not doing righteousness, is not of God, and he who is not loving his brother,

2006/1/10 16:10
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sis quoted:

Quote:
we have known that if he may be manifested, like him we shall be,

This is the predestined work of the Son of God. It is the "nature" of the work that is predestined.

Quote:
10 In this manifest are the children of God, and the children of the devil; every one who is not doing righteousness, is not of God,

The Scripture above speaks back to Genesis 3:15

15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Quote:
9 every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain,

Notice the thought presented here about His seed. Again look to Genesis 3:15. The woman is the Holy Spirit, the word of God becomes the Seed in the hearts of those who do not practice lawlessness. The manifestation of the seed becomes the Seed that saves.

Matt. 7:23 And then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Matt. 13:41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,

Matt. 23:28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Matt. 24:12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

The practice of lawlessness prevents the seed from becoming the law that is written in the hearts. The law of the Spirit of Christ governs those who hear and obey. The manifestation of this law in the heart reveal the Seed to us.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/11 15:32Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

The law that God writes on the hearts of His people is defined by James.

James 1:25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

This is the only law that saves. For it to be a law that governs one life one must do what one hears.

This is the essence of the law that frees.

Rom. 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

If one carefully reads this section of Scripture and then compares it to the Scripture in James you will see that both men are teaching the same principle. One must follow the word and by doing so one will put to death the deeds of the flesh and thus will live. The only way one can achieve death, thus freedom from the bondage of sin, is by following the Holy Spirit. Now how one begins to understand the things of the Spirit by obeying the word, now that is the mystery that everyone must experience for themselves. The substance of this mystery replaces the hopes of the flesh with the hopes of the kingdom.

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Jesus wants all to "learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly of heart." For those who find Him to be the gentle and lowly teacher, their hearts will cry out Abba Father.

This is the perfect law that frees us from the bondage of sin, bondage to the flesh, and bondage to the carnal mind.

So we must hear and then do. What is it we hear? Is it not His word?

In Christ
jeff

2006/1/14 11:22Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jhn 7:29 But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

Jhn 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

Jhn 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Phl 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Hbr 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

1Jo 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

What is the common denominator in these scripture? Know!!! With the Now as a given.

This is why the Corinthians did not KNOW, Quote: "The Corinthians were given the mind of Christ yet they were not spiritually mature. What is it that prevented them from know the Spirit of Christ?" from Jeff.

1 Corinthians 1:3-7 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: They had it. They did not know and believe.

This is the problem> 1 Corinthians 1:11-13 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

I am Catholic, and of Mary. I am a Baptist and of John. I am Pentecost and of Peter. Rapture, resurrection, 1st, 2nd. Works of the Law, works of Love. Grace or works? And on and on and on.

We must come to this knowing, 1Cr 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

2Ti 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

What Day you say, Matthew 6:33-34 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Answer, this day, now, this is the day of salvation and Christ is our life and has been made to every believer, 1 Corinthians 1:30-31 But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Who is our life? Col 3:4 When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. When He appears we are already with Him and appear in His Glory.

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. We already Hid with Him and will appear at His coming.

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/1/14 22:31Profile

Jeff and Phillip,

I just want to say a big AMEN to your last posts... both beautiful and complementary. AMEN!!! :-)

2006/1/15 5:29
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
What Day you say, Matthew 6:33-34 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Answer, this day, now, this is the day of salvation and Christ is our life and has been made to every believer,

Brother Phillip has experienced these thoughts that he writes about above. He knows the path that his Lord has led him down. Phillip speaks of the "Word" that is in his heart. Phillip always speaks of something greater. Phillip knows that he will always decrease and He will always increase. This is salvation.

Brother Phillip speaks of a problem, a stumbling block that prevents the Corinthians from "knowing Him." Paul says that they have been given all things in Christ. They have access to the mind of Christ. Yet there is unbelief that prevents them from entering into His rest.

In the parable of the Sower, what is the nature of the things that keep the people from believing as Phillip does?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/16 11:29Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

In context of the sower of the seed parable, what does Asaph tell us about his relationship with the world and with God?

What do you see in Psalm 73? In what ways was he tempted? What was the outcome of his thoughts? What everlasting notion does he praise God for?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/1/23 14:59Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Lynn and Jeff,

Psalms 73:22-28 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee. Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee. But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

May God richly bless you and may your quest in our salvation lead you to God our Father by the Christ that is in us. Amen. I praise God for your oneness in Him and your presence in His Kingdom and that I have your kindred spirits to refresh me by His truth. Thank you. 2Cr 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with us all.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/1/25 3:26Profile

Thank you, Phillip.

It is good to have you here. I hope you feel joined to the body at SI, through the Spirit, and that you will stay to grow with us for a long time to come - according to the Lord's will, of course. :-)

Linn

2006/1/26 7:25

Re:

I came across this statement by Jesus, and thought how starkly it stands in relation to the parable of the sower, and all that we have discussed here, of the effects of receiving the word of God into the good ground of our hearts, and nurturing it there, even if there are rocks and stones to move.

John 8:37
[u]I know[/u] that [u]ye are [b]Abraham's[/b] seed[/u]; [i]but ye [u][b]seek[/b][/u] [u]to [b]kill[/b] me[/i][/u], [u][b]because[/b][/u] [u]my word[/u] hath [u][b]no place[/b][/u] [u][b][i]in[/i][/b] you[/u].

2006/1/26 7:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy