SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Choo Thomas - Heaven is so real

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Marieke

Re:

I am really surprised about the comments here about the book of Choo Thomas.

I can tell you honoustly: the book have led me to Jesus in a way that's so complete!! How can something that leads a person (I'm not the only one, I can tell you that!!) to Jesus Christ, the Lord of the Lords, come from Satan?? Because that's what you're all saying. The reactions here remind me of the story in the bible where the farizees didn't believe the wonders that Jesus did. They thought Jesus was posessed by demons......

You should be really careful to put a book a side through which thousands of people are lead to Jesus and are saved!! You can read the bible next to the book of Choo and you won't find one lie of text that goes against the Holy Bible.

So instead of you warning people for her book, I'd like to warn you for this sceptism!

I'm sorry my English isn't that perfect but I'm Dutch, so forgive me my faults ;-)

2005/11/25 3:57Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Well I've changed my stance from "this can't be good" too "I don't know" a while back.
I think some of the things in this book (admittedly I have [b]not[/b] read it myself) are very weird.

Well I've prayed for Choo Thomas and asked God to forgive me if I falsely claimed her to teach heresy. One of the comments on this topic which I very agree with (from YeshuaIsMyGd) and hope that will be the case:

Quote:

If she is saved, we will laugh together about this. :-D

My aim is not to post topics in a spirit of criticism, it certainly is not my intention.
Nor was it my intention to lure people into judging Choo Thomas. Perhaps its my problem that I'm so jumpy about 'Biblical truth outside the Bible'. The questions about some of the things I have heard about this book remain though.
If I where to read such a book I would probably have serious trouble accepting certain things as truth if I can't find scriptural evidence at all.
Something that is spared me when I read the Bible or most books which support their writings well with scripture. It is not so that I always checkup quoted verses in texts, but I usually do when I feel its necessary.

The reason I started this topic was to see what you all would think about this book. There must have been someone who read this book here I figured. :-)
Not to justify my actions, but what would you do if someone believed there where people walking around the edges of hell and told me that as truth?
There is no scripture to prove that. Basically if you claim to have a vision about God nobody could tell you are wrong because 'God' gave you this vision.
All I do know is that visions from God cannot not go against the Bible. As for new revelations, I'm very skeptical about that. In either way its very possible to have a great zeal for things regarding less if it is false or not. Paul thought he was slaying Christians for God, but in reality he was persecuting God and grieving His heart. I want the Truth, Gods Truth, so I stand open for correction if my thoughts about this book are false.

In general: (not about this book)

satan does not lead people to Christ, only to false christs using false gospels. Some people don't see 'false gospels' or false 'christs' (which at the moment basically is a non-existing God which does not conform with our Lord in the Bible) But we can all agree that satan does not lead people to Christ.

God is, besides perfect Love also 100% Truth.
I know God can use imperfect people to reach people for Him, but It seems impossible for God to show faulty visions or lies. How careful do we need to be in these last days.
And I am being careful, forgive me if I offended you or if judged Choo Thomas prematurely.
Even tho, if I do read this book and the Lord shows me fundamental errors in her teachings I will not recommend it and even warn for it. Pray for me if you think I am shortsighted. The Lord will show it to me then.

I do want to thank you for being the first to reply who actually read this book!
Praise God if He opened your eyes, no matter what way He used to archieve that!

Be blessed and walk in Truth and Love!

[edit]Oh and welcome on SI too, I see you are new here. Have a blessed stay here!
Don't worry about your english, mine is not perfect either. :-P (not by a long shot)

2005/11/25 9:23Profile
Marieke

Re:

Hi warrior,

Thanks for your honoust response :-)

Are you from The Netherlands? That's what's written under your name....

Well, I want to be totally honoust with you too. I bought the book at Sunday the 20th November and at tuesday the 22th of November I finished. The power that came from the book was so strong that I really had to put myself stopping! Tears ran over my face while reading it. I stopped several times just to worship Him and thank Him for everything He did for us.

That stayed with me untill friday, the day I read these critics about the book. Do you know what happened? Some doubt came in my heart and immediately (litterly) the urge of praising Him, the urge of reading in the Bible...it was gone. Totally gone. I couldn't understand what happened in the first time. Because I brought my doubts to the Lord and I asked Him to show me whether this book came through the Holy Spirit of through satan's spirit.

After spending a day in my houshold, with the loss of the feeling to praise Him, I prayed at night and suddenly it got clear to me. As soon as doubts came in my heart, the Spirit held Himself back. When I prayed that trough, He came back and now it's okay!

What I try to say with this is that in my humble opion the Lord showed me very clear that the book is inspired deeply by the Holy Spirit. I even asked to forgive me for my doubt.

And you know what? For many years we were afraid to give our thite...well, we gave it last friday for the first time ever! I feel the urge to obey Him.

This is happened all after reading the book.

What I would like to ask you is to buy the book, pray before start reading it, ask the Spirit to guide you and thén start reading it. And after reading it, please come back here and I'm very curious to hear your opinion. By the way, when you're opinion is labeled as 'fault' I won't make that my opinion because the Lord made it very clear to me.

The one lesson I have learned of this book from Choo is that obeying the Lord is very, very, very important. This: 2 Corinthians 5:17 goes hand in hand with that. That's clear to me now!

Wow, this has been a lot information! I really don't understand were all the words came from but okay, I hope you don't mind but I've got the feeling it's allright :-P :-P

My sunday is almost over. I wish you a very good Sunday and I'll read you ;-)

Marieke

2005/11/27 12:22Profile
Marieke

Re:

Mmmm, ik klik net op je profiel, Jonathan! Zit ik me daar even uit te sloven in het Engels :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2005/11/27 12:24Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Well you find those Dutchies everywhere right? :-P
There are some more around, if you like you could pm me in Dutch but lets keep the posting in English.
Not that I mind reading Dutch, but some can't! ;-)

Besides your English is understandable enough. :-)

2005/11/27 12:34Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey Marieke,

I'm sorry to hear that these critics took your joy in the Lord away, or blocked you from praising the Lord. You know what? Praise the Lord for He reached you!

I cannot really say more as I haven't read the book myself. Nor can I comment on your experiences!
I'll post again in this topic if I read the book.

God bless!
Jonathan

2005/11/27 13:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy