SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Also, if you don't belive in the first Adam how can you belive in the last Adam? If evolution is true God created death from the begining. If creation is true sin caused death. Which is true?

2005/10/20 8:48Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

David Ravenhill said something like this once: "God can create something as vintage... like when He changed the water into wine."

He was just making a comment on the argument of the 6 billion year old year or whatever. That God could have made the earth in all it's splendor in a literal six days, but attached the vintage qualities onto it!

Is our God limited?
-Eli

PS- I like what you said, Deltadom

2005/10/20 10:25Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Evolutionist do that. They start from the position to prove evolution

Today I came across this interview with the late Stephen Jay Gould which, in my opinion, corroborates PreachParsely's point. In the interview Gould admits that the gradualitic evolution was not supported by the fossil record. With fundamental commitment to naturalism and bias against special creation Gould makes a philosophic choice to explain the embarrasing evidence against Darwin's flawed theory. Gould saves evolution from extinction by replacing "gradualism" with "Punctuated Equilibrium." (Explaining the absence of gradual sequences in the fossil record by deciding that species must have evolved in random and radical spurts that were too fast for the fossil record to capture.)

Here is an exerpt where Gould begins by assuring us this is not a philosophic issue, but an empirical issue. Why doth he protest so quickly?

"Interviewer: What got you started thinking about punctuated equilibrium?

Stephen Jay Gould: It wasn't broad philosophical or political issues as I think many people assume. It really comes right out of an operational dilemma in paleontology.

I had been trained, as Niles Eldredge had, in statistical methods for the study of subtle changes in evolution. Evolution at that time was defined as gradualism. The two were virtually equated; to see evolution meant finding gradualistic sequences, but every paleontologist knew that they had effectively never been found, and that was a frustration.

So that's what it came out of: the hope that statistical study would finally enable us to get around this source of frustration by revealing gradual, definitive change; but that didn't work either....The idea of punctuated equilibrium came from a very conventional motivation based on an operational frustration in the actual practice of empirical work. "

[url=http://www.powells.com/authors/gould.html]The full article[/url]

MC

2005/10/20 17:43Profile

Re: neoteny

http://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/Neoteny_in_humans.htm

This explains how chimpanzees evolved into humans.

Jake

2005/10/21 10:41

Re:

Quote:
David Ravenhill said something like this once: "God can create something as vintage... like when He changed the water into wine."

He was just making a comment on the argument of the 6 billion year old year or whatever. That God could have made the earth in all it's splendor in a literal six days, but attached the vintage qualities onto it!

I think we could say the same about Adam. He was not a baby when he began.

2005/10/21 10:59
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I [Dr. Hovind] have a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution. My $250,000 offer demonstrates that the hypothesis of evolution is nothing more than a religious belief.

This is from Dr Hovind's website.
[url=http://drdino.com/articles.php?spec=67]Read the article here.[/url]

2005/10/21 11:33Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re:

Bub said:

Quote:
This explains how [b]chimpanzees evolved into humans.[/b]

[i]and[/i]

Quote:
[b]We diverged from a common ancestor approximately 6 million years ago[/b] according to the article.

:-? errr..

which is it then are we decended from a common ancestor or from chimps themselves?
and I'm sorry but that link with 4 lines of text and a few skull diagrams does not explain [u]6 million years[/u] of so called evolution.

Sorry Bub but you just seem confused on this issue

matt

P.S. you haven't answered any of the questions i posted above yet

2005/10/23 14:51Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Don't want to seem like a know-it-all, but I am teaching creation in Sunday School, and I have a Biblical answer for the following posters:

bubbaguy: The Australian or any type of crocidile is a variation of the crocidile that was on the ark. This does not prove evolution, but rather proves that animals do adapt to their environment. The Aussie croc does not prove evolution as it is still a croc.

-Two different animals having 95% similarity still leaves a huge gap of differences. 5% difference when discussing DNA structure is a huge amount of difference.

-I don't agree that Pangea turned into what we see today in 6000 years. There is some movement in the Earth, but the plates are not floating around like lillipads. I do support the young earth theory, but not the Pangea theory. If the Pangea theory is true, how did two major continents spin one way, and the last spin the opposite. Also, where is Mexico and Central America, and how did Africa shrink 35% to fit against the other continents? The fact that these continents seem to fit together is a coincidence of the present water level.

KJ: The Chinese built masted ships much larger than 400 feet. Noah's ark was not masted. So the possibility is even more reasonable considering the ark did not have to withstand winds against masts.

http://www.worldwideflood.com/objections/ancients_incapable.htm

deltadom: Amen!!! That's the whole thing. If He can create us, He is capable of anything!

Eli: How true! Many argue that the earth must be millions of years old for us to see the stars, but God made a mature Adam and Eve that could walk, talk, and get married from their creation. They didn't have a bag of seeds, either, but a completed garden in which to live. Likewise, the light from the stars and sun was created mature.

Compton: Concerning Gould, this is proof that evolutionists can find a way to make the imaginary trees of life to fit any time scale that someone comes up with. If we found evidence of humans living with dinosaurs today, the evolutionist would not be phased.

Both creation and evolution must be taken by faith. I cannot convince anyone that everything in the Bible is true, just as evolutionists cannot prove to everyone that the earth is 4.6 billion years old and we came from rain that eroded rocks.

Any of you guys that are willing to stand firm on an old earth theory, I double dog dare you or the professor that taught you the evidence for this to debate Kent Hovind. Hovind will pay you $250 for your trouble of getting ready for a public debate, and pay his own way to do so. Hovind is where I learned all my info, and he is willing to do this to strenghen people's faith that the WHOLE Bible is true.

Many are being taught things in an environment where an atheistic professor has the advantage of studying only their side of the issue. I tell the kids I teach they are willing to believe whatever they want, but I show them the evidence for creation.

Here are parts 1 and 2 of Kent Hovind's 'Lie's In the Textbooks.' Every objection that had been brought against a literal 6 day creation is handled publically by Hovind. Please watch these videos whether you support the youth Earth theory or not.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4544&commentView=itemComments

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4545&commentView=itemComments

Which is harder to swallow:

1) All the animals on Earth today came from animals kept alive on Noah's ark during a world-wide flood.

2) All the plants, animals, and people on Earth today came from minerals that eroded under millions of years of rain that made a soup that came alive, and here we are.

2005/10/29 21:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
The Aussie croc does not prove evolution as it is still a croc.

:-P

2005/10/29 23:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy