Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : NEARER TO GOD - spurgeon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

NEARER TO GOD - spurgeon

[i]Get thee up into the high mountain[/i]
[b]Isaiah 40:9[/b]

Each believer soulc be thirsting for God, for the living God, and longing to climb the hill of The Lord and see Him face-to-face. My soul thirst of the cup which is reserved for those who reach the mountain's brow and bathe their brows in heaven. How pure are the dews of the hills, how fresh is the mountain air, how rich the fare of the dwellers aloft whose windows look into the New Jerusalem! Many saints are content to live like men in coal mines who see not the sun; they eat dust like the serpent when they might taste the ambrosial meat of angels, they are content to wear miner's garb when they might put on the king's robe, and tears mar their faces when they might anoint them with celestial oil. Many a believer pines in a dungeon when he might walk on the palace roof and view the goodly land of Lebanon. Rouse yourself from your low condition! Cast away your sloth, your letharghy, your coldness, or whatever interferes with your chaste and pure love for Christ, your soul's husband. Make Him the source, the center, and the circumference of all your soul's range of delight. What charms you into such folly as to remain in a pit when you may sit on a throne? Rest no longer satisfied with your dwarfish attainment, but press forward to things more sublime and heavenly. Aspire to a higher, a nobler, a fuller life. Upward to Heacen! Nearer to God!

2005/10/18 11:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy