SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is Luis Palau the Next Billy Graham?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Is Luis Palau the Next Billy Graham?

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Oct. 8, 2005 — It doesn't look like a church. It's a huge party — a festival — for God. And you've probably never heard of the headliner: Luis Palau.
Palau, 70, has been preaching since he was a 12-year-old in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

But for the past six years, he's been putting on these massive festivals with Christian rock bands, a kids' play land and skateboards — all suggestions from his adult sons.

"I thought, what's skateboarding? I mean, I'm a grandpa, what do I do know?" said Palau. "And then, suddenly, the crowds were there and they began to double, then triple, now 10 times what we used to have before."

Some believe that Palau, who is already known as the Billy Graham of Latin America, may take over the mantle of America's leading evangelist.

2005/10/10 17:48Profile

Re: Is Luis Palau the Next Billy Graham?

praise God for people like that.

2005/10/12 9:21
markm

I grew up in the church and picked up the lingo. But, it was at a Luis Palau event that I realized I had no idea what the phrase "personal relationship with Jesus Christ" really meant.

Praise God for all the workers He brings out to talk one on one with people at an event like that.

2005/10/12 14:56Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
Some believe that Palau, who is already known as the Billy Graham of Latin America, may take over the mantle of America's leading evangelist.

At 70 years of age, it might be little late?

2005/10/12 15:12Profile

Re:

might is a loose word 8-) :-P

2005/10/14 9:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy