SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pat Robertson: Earthquakes, Hurricanes Point to 2nd Coming

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Pat Robertson: Earthquakes, Hurricanes Point to 2nd Coming

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

This weekend's catastrophic earthquake in South Asia in the wake of recent U.S. hurricanes and December's tsunami is catching the eye of televangelist Pat Robertson, who says we "might be" in the End Times described in the Bible.
"These things are starting to hit with amazing regularity," Robertson said on CNN's "Late Edition."

Robertson, a former GOP presidential candidate and host of the "700 Club" daily Christian TV show, noted, "If you read back in the Bible, the letter of the apostle Paul to the church of Thessalonia, he said that in the latter days before the end of the age that the Earth would be caught up in what he called the birth pangs of a new order. And for anybody who knows what it's like to have a wife going into labor, you know how these labor pains begin to hit. I don't have any special word that says this is that, but it could be suspiciously like that."

2005/10/10 17:48Profile
dohzman

Re: Pat Robertson: Earthquakes, Hurricanes Point to 2nd Coming

edit [I don't think it takes much spiritual discernment for that observation :-? ]

I didn't mean to be so sarcastic. These things are going to just accelerate. The Lord's had me warning the churches about this for the last several years. the time between the warning and the manifest judgement will become shorter and shorter and the judgements will multiply sometimes happening 3 or 4 different things hitting all over at once.
So here's our hope --(the christian / churches promise)

Isa 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
Isa 26:21 For, behold, Jehovah cometh forth out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

By that scripture I don't mean it to be understood that we are to stop laboring for the Lord, but that we are to give more effort (attention) to walk in the Spirit in prayer hidden in Christ Jesus as we go forth and labor :-) God Bless Bro. Daryl

2005/10/10 21:59Profile
Rahman

Hi brother Greg,

If this statement is from brother Pat's interview with Wolf Blitzer, i saw and heard it ... i was encouraged that Wolf asked Pat "what is going on?" from a Biblical perspective, and i liked Pat's answer ... He first clarified that He didn't have any direct communique from our Lord in this matter, but then He pointed to scripture that should have us all sitting up and taking notice that something seems to be going on here in a more rapid succession ... i often wonder just how bad it's going to have to get for even most of the Body of Christ to "get it"?

Hi bro. Daryl - you wrote;

"I don't think it takes much spiritual discernment for that observation."

That is a scary statement in that if that's the case, apparently most of the Body of Christ ain't discerning it ... What i'm hearing from the majority of saints in my circle is that these so called "natural disasters" are caused by anything and everything else but God ... i think that it would just overthrow the faith of a lot of saints to even entertain the though that God is soveriegnly causing these disasters, as it's already straining the faith of many to even entertain that He's allowing them to happen ... i was questioning our Lord the other day as to why He allowed those wicked angels in the Genesis account to come to Earth and corrupt it so bad that it had to be totally destroyed by the flood ... The answer i got back was that when Adam gave up his authority over the Earth to satan, he opened up far worse than he ever thought possible ... Adam knew that he would die, but in the process his spirit man got knocked to the basement, guilt set in, creation fell, his offspring were tainted, and the devil was now in control ... Adam must have thought, "Whew! ... OK Lord this is bad enough, but by your grace i can deal with this ... Then wham!, Cain kills Abel! ... Then wham!, wicked angels materialize in the flesh and bring corruption that it probably would have taken man a thousand years to come up with ... And i can hear Adam crying out to God, "Lord why have you let this happen"? ... And i can hear our God saying to Adam, "No, why DID YOU let this happen ... Sin most often has consequences far beyond what we bargain for - and yes we do willfully sin sometimes knowing that it's wrong, but think we can handle the consequences ... Like the young girls whose parents warned her about promiscuous sex, she does it anyway, gets pregnant, then reconciles herself to pregnancy, only to find out a short time later she's HIV positive ... i personally see Christ Church, America and the world like this ... We sin against God, many of us knowing so, but we either think we can handle the consequences, or He's just to big of a cosmic teddy bear to really send us any kind of dire correction, or we just don't believe in Him at all ... But i hear Paul saying, "every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God" ... one way or the other ... proactively (good) or reactively (not so good) ... Sad to say, reactive repentance seems the primary motivator to the "rebellious" ...

It's been said before that God has two wills - sovereign and permissive ... i came to the conclusion a long time ago that i'm not even gonna play that game, for His so called permissive will still fits under sovereign ... To me God's still in control even past Adam's sinning and giving up his authority over the earth into satan's authority, for our Bible tells us that God made arrangements for that (via His Son) before He even set the foundation of the world, and the rst of the Bible tells us that satan only has a modicum of time (His permissive will) before He decares "Times up!" (His sovereign will) and He brings this thing right on down to the Revelations fulfillment ... In the meanwhile He's given us His prophetic Word to point out escalating signs to us as to this winding down of satans time, while in the same Word telling us only the Father knows the day and the hour, while in the same Word telling us that we are supposed to be watching and living our lives as if He'd come back this very second ... That means we Christians are supposed to be living our lives on a 24/7 alert, but alas i think many of us have become tired of that ... i think that even many in the Body of Christ have come to see our God as slow, and have let down our gaurd to the fact that He's coming back as a thief ... The Oil of discernment is the Holy Ghost, and i think a whole lotta saints today are walking around with very little, to no oil in their lamps ... That's why we that are blessed to the point of being vigilantmust pray, pray, pray for our less aware brothers and sisters ... i personally believe that our Lord in His infinite mercy is about to bestow upon the race of men one last massive "correction" (the word that i've now replaced judgment with because it stumbles folk to non-understanding) thru cataclysmic disasters and economic/social upheaval toward bringing us (particalary His house) to face laying, knee bending "REPENTANCE" (a word i can't change), then "REVIVAL", and then "HARVEST" ...

You also wrote;

"The Lord's had me warning the churches about this for the last several years. the time between the warning and the manifest judgement will become shorter and shorter and the judgements will multiply sometimes happening 3 or 4 different things hitting all over at once."

As you already know, that's been my experience too - but He's since shut my mouth ... "for we are a rebellious house" ... :-(

2005/10/11 10:52Profile
dohzman

Re:

Hi Bro.! I think you hit this one square on the head in a word,"sovereign ". The church doesn't teach the soverienty of God anymore :-( , so the church by in large isn't willing to embrace the fact that ultimately God pushed the go button, either allowing the events or causing the events He's in control over the events.

Quote:
i personally believe that our Lord in His infinite mercy is about to bestow upon the race of men one last massive "correction" (the word that i've now replaced judgment with because it stumbles folk to non-understanding

I believe your right here, I too have gone to calling it ,"remedial chastisements" , so as to give some measure of hope. God bless Bro. Daryl

2005/10/11 13:05Profile
Rahman

Re:

Man bro Daryl ... "remedial chastisements" ... "Show and Tell" for spiritual Dyslexia and/or Attention Deficit Disorder ... Now that really brings it on home ...

re·me·di·al
1 : intended as a remedy
2 : concerned with the correction of faulty study habits and the raising of a pupil's general competence

Back when i was a kid, in our unkindness, we used to refer to the "slow to get it" pupils in remedial class as being in "dumb school" ... We are slow to get it anymore, pretty dumb now actually ... i'm seeing a frantic-ness beginning to develope within far to many of the saints in my circle ... They're afraid of current events, they know that Christians are being affected also, the false lies of the false prophets are beginning to crack in their minds under the pressure that one can't "buy" Gods protection with seed $$$, but still they're not yet afraid enough to fall on their faces in travailing repentance (no matter what God has in store for our earthly existence or departure) ...

In the meanwhile those who hath an ear ...

"God is our shelter, our strength, ever ready to help in time of trouble, so we shall not be afraid when the earth gives way, when mountains tumble in the depths of the sea, and its waters roar and seethe, the mountains tottering as it heaves." (Ps.46:1-3)

2005/10/11 13:47Profile
dohzman

Re:

That Psalm is almost scary in its description of events and how we ought to be in loosely holding onto this life.

Like you I am seeing the foundations of the false teachings crumbling too. You know what surprised me though? Not one of those mega-church ministries called for a day of humility with prayer and fasting down there in Texas, not one! I'm coming to the conclusion more and more that the church will be asleep when the Bridegroom cometh.

2005/10/11 14:24Profile
Rahman

Brother Daryl you wrote ...
"I'm coming to the conclusion more and more that the church will be asleep when the Bridegroom cometh."

According to Jesus parable i agree with you "While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept." ... But praise God that at least half the Church can be properly awakened! ...

Matt.25
[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
[2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
[3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
[4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

[5] While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
[6] And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
[7] Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
[8] And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
[9] But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

But then there came a cry, "Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him." ... Now who made that cry? ... Personally i believe it is the Holy Spirit giving an announcment that can only be heard by the virgins ... Then the parable says, "Then ALL those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.", and you know the rest ...

i think these "remedial chastisements" as you so aptly put it, since "correction" begins first at the house of the Lord" is part of the Holy Spirit's call (right now) to we virgins that "Behold, the bridegroom cometh; ...

i think that those of us (the faithful five) capable of being filled by the Holy Spirit (oil) in this interim period between His telling us that our Bridegroom is coming and the time He finally gets here need to be assuring ourselves of our own adequate oil supply by allowing Holy Spirit to fill us via REPENTANCE, REVIVAL and the confessing of His name toward the REAPING of His final harvest ... Any virgin supposedly betrothed to Christ who think that they can get such oil from any other source than God the Holy Spirit (the one that gives us the power to shine) surely had missed the mark in the first place ... "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. ... Matt.7: 21-23

[10] And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
[11] Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
[12] But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
[13] Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

i may have fractured this parable a bit, and if so may all you theologians and scholars not beat me up to bad, but i think you can follow my foolish drift ...

2005/10/11 15:06Profile
dohzman

Re:

In the Jewish wedding party who was it that shouted to the Brides party, "the bridegroom cometh"? :-?

2005/10/11 15:59Profile
Rahman

Re:

Bro Daryl you wrote;

"In the Jewish wedding party who was it that shouted to the Brides party, "the bridegroom cometh"?

i don't rightly know in a literal wedding ... Do you know?:-o ... If so please share ...

i tried to find out something about it online but nothing ... Now i'm looking for sermons on SI ...

2005/10/11 16:21Profile
dohzman

Re:

Joh 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

The "friend" , in our culture it would be the same as the "Best Man". So my dear Bro. It's the Likes of YOU and all who are listening to the voice of the bridegroom. 8-)

2005/10/11 16:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy