SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Troubled

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
bbartlett

Troubled

I was in Sunday School yesterday and was troubled by something that was said in the class. I am having people sign a petition for the state of Florida concerning the Florida Marriage Protection Amendment. This amendment protects marriage as the legal union of only one man and one woman as husband and wife etc. Anyway, the teacher of our class asked me about these petitions and said she would sign and her husband signed also. They went on to say that they believe it is okay for gay couples to adopt children because there are so many children that need homes. Her husband also stated that some people are just born that way. I spoke up and disagreed and I think they were shocked. I come from the Bible belt in Oklahoma to here in south Florida and I am amazed by some things I am hearing in the church. Do people not stay in the Word or are they blinded by what they are reading? This shocks me. I did look up on this web site and found a very good article on Homosexual behavior v the Bible. I printed it, but do you think it is okay for me to forward this on to my SS teacher or will I cause major strife in the church? I am having a hard time keeping quiet about this issue and also for someone that is in charge of teaching a class at church on marriage. :-?

2005/10/10 11:18Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Troubled

Hi bbarlett...!

That is very sad. If I were you, I would consider speaking with the pastor of your Church. He may not be aware of what that particular couple believes or teaches in your class.

It is silly to think that allowing homosexuals to adopt children would not be [u]spiritually[/u] damaging to children. Such a provision would allow homosexual couples to desensitize such children with a view that the homosexual lifestyle is "[i]normal[/i]" -- rather than an unnatural lust.

I think that it is more than within your right to share your thoughts on this subject. It would be dangerous if you were refused that right. Anyway, I will be praying for this situation. And brother, I pray that you take heart -- you are not alone in how you feel!

:-)

2005/10/10 11:42Profile
bbartlett

Re:

Thanks so much for your advice and that you will pray. I decided after talking with my friend a little while ago that I would send the article from answersingenesis.org "Homosexual behavior v the Bible" to my SS teacher and her husband. It is a very clear article on what the Bible says about this issue. I may get some negative feedback from doing this, but I can't just sit back and say nothing.

2005/10/10 12:12Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Troubled

I can add my agreement with Chris on this matter, I would speak up.

Perhaps you might point out the inconsistency in the teachers logic. By saying some people are "just born that way" they are saying that their behavior is simply "natural" for them. If they are going to play the "nature" card then they should realize that nature demands that no two people of the same sex can have a child. You can't have it both ways.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/10/10 12:15Profile
bbartlett

Re:

This woman that is teaching this class is a teacher in public school so I know she is getting her ideas from secular humanism. I know it says in Gods Word that the people perish for lack of knowledge. I have to stay in His Word daily so as not to be deceived. Thnks you all so much for our input. I am so thankful I found this website. It's awesome.
A sister in Christ :-)

2005/10/10 12:32Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi bbartlett...!

Welcome to the website! It has been a great blessing to my life -- especially the sermons available for download.

By the way, do you have the web address for the Answers in Genesis article? I would like to see it, as well as share it with some people here at the University that have questions about what the Bible says about homosexuality. I typically resort to looking up the verses myself, but it would be nice if someone else has already done this.

Thanks!

2005/10/10 12:39Profile
bbartlett

Re:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2004/0119behaviour.asp

2005/10/10 12:43Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi bbartlett...!

THANK YOU!

2005/10/10 12:45Profile

Re:

What about the fact that homosexuality occurs throughout the animal kingdom and not just in humans? Doesn't this indicate that it is genetic. Why would, and can, an animal choose a homosexual lifestyle? I don't think so.

Bubbaguy

PS. I'm not apologizing for homosexuality here and am not gay. I just think it is much more complicated than the answers in Genesis article makes it out to be. I also have serious problems with AIG on many other scores which long time SIers already know about, so I won't go there.

2005/10/12 16:51
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Well God made Adam and Eve.. male and female..
He never intended to have man with man or woman with woman becoming 'one flesh' with eachother..

That it happens with nature now doesn't mean its 'natural'. Its natural for mankind to have a partner of the opposite sex.

Have to say that I don't know much about animals.
But there are several animal species that can either be 'male' or 'female' depending on there environment. But I think God created those animals that way.

I do very much respect the people who have homosexual feelings but don't give in to that because they want to follow Christ!

2005/10/12 17:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy