SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : covenant with god

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

covenant with god

i hear that theres a thing like a covenant with god such as if u follow his commands etc. he will be there for you but what about other people? is he not there for them that much or can someone explain this to me

2005/10/8 17:23Profile

Re: covenant with god

The Covenant now in operation between God and Man is called the New Covenant, because when Jesus came, lived, died and rose again, He fulfilled what is known as the Old Covenant and it was left behind. His teachings explain the changes which the New Covenant brought to bear.

A good book to read for this, is Ephesians, because it explains how a believer's life works. (This is about the New Covenant but it doesn't explain the difference with the Old Covenant.)

Still, you need to understand that for the 'children of disobedience' in Ephesians to become obedient children, they need to turn to Christ for salvation from sin and receive the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2) You'll see that God IS there for people who don't yet believe in Him.

If you do a proper study, with a Bible which shows the cross-references between the New and Old Testaments, you can begin to pick up the detail.

I'd read Genesis and Exodus, 1 Peter, Galatians and Hebrews and see whether it makes more sense by the end. That's a BIG Bible study.

See how you go and maybe you could keep this thread up by sharing with us what you're learning. :-)

2005/10/8 18:34
groh_frog

Re:

Christ taught that whatever we ask for with confidence we will be given, when we have a right heart. So, when we're like minded with God, he will grant what we ask for, because we want what he wants- and because of this he'll bless our works. Now what about Proverbs 15? i.e., The Lord is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous. Does he serve those who don't follow or know him?

Grace and Peace...

2005/10/24 9:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy