SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I could use your prayers...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I could use your prayers...

Apparently I have suffered a mild concussion. It's kind funny how it happened, but the effects of this have been troubling. I didnt show any signs of a concussion for a couple days, but boy, yesterday I had one heck of a headache, and I still feel it today. Also had other symptoms as well.

What happened was we were having football practice on Monday, and we were short a couple players. So me and one of my assistant coaches played on defense. He was a linebacker and I was a safety. To make a long story short, I made a tackle on the running back, and one of the other kids piled on to help me out... and one of their helmets hit me right in the face. Of course I wasnt wearing any equipment. My sunglasses left a nice gash right under my right eye.

I didnt think anything of it until yesteday when I started getting a serious headache, feeling wierd and kinda disoriented.

I'm feeling better today, and hopefully it will go away. A doctor isnt gonna be able to do anything for it... just tell me how stupid I am to be playing football with no equipment.

Also... I'm having some issues with the board of our football league... and I need prayer that I will deal with these issues in a Christian way, and not the way my flesh wants to.

Thanx y'all...

Krispy

2005/10/6 16:24
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re: I could use your prayers...

Hey Krispy

i will pray for you!

[i]"We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong; and our prayer is for your perfection."[/i]
[b]2 Cor 13:9[/b]

in dutch the last words are (translated) instead of "perfection"
"that everything will become well with you"

be blessed bro

-William

p.s.
i'd thought you were "a bit of a metal head" [laughs] :-P...sorry just kidding, and for mis-using something you said here a long time ago, i hope it will be soon over! Take care! :-)

2005/10/6 16:52Profile
dohzman

Dude ! You're just an animal :-D But I'll pray for ya too.

2005/10/6 16:57Profile

Quote:
Apparently I have suffered a mild concussion. It's kind funny how it happened, but the effects of this have been troubling. I didnt show any signs of a concussion for a couple days, but boy, yesterday I had one heck of a headache, and I still feel it today. Also had other symptoms as well...

I didnt think anything of it until yesteday when I started getting a serious headache, feeling wierd and kinda disoriented.

I'm feeling better today, and hopefully it will go away. [b]A doctor isnt gonna be able to do anything for it...[/b]

Krispy, bro,

[b]I hope this isn't your way of saying you haven't seen a doctor at all?[/b]

If you haven't seen a doc, you need to....

One of the strange things about the skull is that it stands all sorts of abuse most of the time and does its job, but just occasionally, a knock at an unusual angle, throws the contents against the inside of it and does cause damage. Even if you're feeling better, you need someone to take some baseline observations and decide whether you need to be seen again.

Boring I know, but, [i]the right way[/i] to honour the temple for which you're responsible. ;-) EDIT: of course I'm praying for your good health to return.

2005/10/6 17:50
LetUsPray

Dear Krispy,

Listen to Dorcas, those are wise words and agree with them totally.

My wife and I will pray too.
God keep you Brother.

2005/10/6 19:40Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

Hi Krispy...:-)

FOOTBALL!!!? :eek:

am praying for you

2005/10/6 20:26Profile

Re:

Thanx for your prayers, everyone. I really appreciate you all.

I'm feeling much better as of last evening. Everything seemed to settle down. One of the things you supposed to do when you have a concussion is to take it easy. Well, the hit happened Monday evening. I had a slight headache Tuesday morning, but nothing out of the ordinary, so I popped a couple of Tylenol and went to the gym at 5am and lifted weights for an hour and a half... Tuesday evening seemed to be when everything went haywire. They say it can take a day or so for symptoms to occur... so I'm sure going to the gym only made things worse. I've taken it easy the rest of the week. Havent been to the gym since Tuesday.

I have not seen a doctor (my wife calls that stubborn mixed with stupidity), but if any more symptoms occur, I promise you all I will go. I'm going to resume my workout regimine tomorrow morning (Saturday) as long as I dont have anymore headaches.

Now that I know what it was that happened, I am keeping an eye on myself... just wanted y'all to know that.

My players were pretty excited to learn that they gave their coach a good pop in the head tho! LOL

Krispy

2005/10/7 8:29

Re:

Hi Krispy,

Just wondered if you're OK again by now?

2005/10/25 19:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy