SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : HEROES OF THE FAITH SPEAK - God's Law

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sscr01

HEROES OF THE FAITH SPEAK - God's Law

Martin Luther - "The first duty of the gospel preacher is to declare God's law and show the nature of sin, because it will act as a schoolmaster and bring him to everlasting life which is in Jesus Christ."

John Wesley - "Before I preach love, mercy and grace, I must preach sin, law and judgment."

Wesley advised a friend, "Preach 90 percent law and 10 percent grace."

Charles Spurgeon - "They will never accept grace until they tremble before a just and holy law."

Charles Finney - "Evermore the law must prepare the way for the gospel; to overlook this in instructing souls is almost certain to result in false hope, the introduction of a false standard of christian experience and to fill the Church with false converts."

John Wycliffe - "The highest service to which a man may attain on earth is to preach the law of God."

D.L. Moody - "God, being a perfect God, had to give a perfect law, and the law was given not to save men, but to measure them."

At the end of the book, we read, "BLESSED ARE THEY THAT DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14.

2005/10/5 18:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: HEROES OF THE FAITH SPEAK - God's Law

amen brother this is a much neglected topic, it is very good for the man of God to realize that the law prepares the heart for the gospel. I was reading in charles finney's "revival lectures" that we too soon apease the sinner and try to comfort them! then rather allowing the Holy Spirit to convict and bring them to a place of despair and truly the law does this and is used in the economy of God as part of this divine process.

2005/10/5 18:32Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

Of course these came to mind.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD, I change not;

2005/10/5 19:33Profile

sscr01, can I ask you, which day is the Sabbath, in your belief ?

thanks ahead.

Annie

2005/10/5 20:55
sscr01

Re:

"And on the SEVENTH day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the SEVENTH day from all his work which he had made. And God BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, AND SANCTIFIED IT: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." Genesis 2:2,3.

From Creation, the Biblical Sabbath has been from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

2005/10/5 21:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I personally think it's not worth arguing over the issue of days and celebrations. If we can share materials and conversations that are edifying then it will build up the body but if we are just going to argue over the sabbath who in shadow is really Christ in [b]substance[/b]! then how futile it seems.

I think the topic and first post of this thread was a great idea.

2005/10/5 22:48Profile

Re:

I really think there's been some solar flare activity today.

I see no one arguing here, and if asking is wrong, just to get an understanding, then I'm sorry.

I have friends who do Sundays and half that do Saturdays, for differing reasons.

Again, I'm sorry if my question looked 'contentious'.

2005/10/5 22:51
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sorry if I seemed to be over-ruling in that post. I just saw another thread before where "sscr01" is talking about the same issue of sabbath and I just didn't want to see this thread fall into the same dead-end conversation. I hope that clarifies.

2005/10/5 23:09Profile

Re:

Amen Greg.

I'd like to say "great minds think alike" here, but mine is not 'there' anymore. In fact I'm only running mine on 3 cylinders anymore.

You see I like Saturdays but go on Sundays.

I'm half Messianic and have Gentile ... Ha.

I have SDA friends, etc. etc. etc..

I like Saturdays, because Church used to tire me out so much, and then I'd have to get up and go to work the next day... big holy reason there, huh ? ha. I'm trying, but ain't "there" yet.

Anyhow, Shalom and lots of it.

2005/10/5 23:15
sscr01

Re: Sabbath

Rome says, "Of course the Catholic Church claims the change was her act...and the act is a MARK of her eccesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Thomas, H.F., Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath.

Again Rome says, "It's (Sunday's change for Saturday) the MARK of our authority to OVER-RULE GOD'S LAW." Father Enright, C.S.S.R., President of Redemptorist College, Kansas City, Mo., History of the Sabbath, pg 802.

"Sunday is our MARK of authority...THE CHURCH IS ABOVE THE BIBLE, AND THIS TRANSFERENCE OF SABBATH OBSERVANCE IS PROOF OF THAT FACT." The Catholic Record, September 1, 1923.

"The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, 'No! by my divine power I ABOLISH THE SABBATH DAY, and COMMAND YOU to keep holy the first day of the week. And, lo! The entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience ti the command of the holy Catholic Church." Father Enright.

The Papacy claims the Sabbath change is a "mark" of her authority. We know, that, a king places a "mark" or a "seal" on law to indicate sovereign authority. So, what then, is God's seal on His Ten Commandment law? In this same fourth commandment, we see the three components of a seal:

1. Person's name - LORD GOD (Isa 42:8).

2. Person's authority - MAKER or CREATOR OF ALL(Isa 40:25,26; Jer 10:10-12; Rev 4:11).

3. Territory ruled (domain) - HEAVEN AND EARTH (Gen 2:1-4; Ex 20:8-11).

Both Pope John Paul 11 and Pat Robertson have called for the reinstating of the "Sunday laws." They are, still, on the books in 26 states. In Virginia, the third infraction was death.

At the end of all things, we read, "BLESSED ARE THEY THAT DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates of the city." Revelation 22:14.

2005/10/6 18:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy