SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why Revival STILL Tarries?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Why Revival STILL Tarries?

By Chad Taylor.

Here is the description:

Revival is the heart's cry of those truly consecrated to God. Then why has revival become a catch phrase that is talked about more than it's witnessed in the Christian experience? Why Revival Still Tarries reveals that the Church is actually responsible for revival's standstill. Refusing to take up the Cross thwarts the Holy Spirit from doing what is necessary to work His will through us. Do you want to join the front lines of a new generation of prophetic evangelism? Then discover how dying-to-self is what ushers in an anointing that makes the unbeliever take notice of God's glory.

Has anyone heard of it, or read it?

2005/9/26 0:01
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Why Revival STILL Tarries?

Hi Joshua,

Do a search from the main page on this...

The whole of SermonIndex it could be said was jump started from this book. It was written by the late Leonard Ravenhill.

2005/9/26 0:19Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Why Revival STILL Tarries?

Hi YeshuaIsMyGd...!

I have not read this book. In fact, I have never heard of Chad Taylor.

As a teen, I met Leonard Ravenhill shortly before he died. He spoke about working on a sequel to [i]Why Revival Tarries[/i] that would be called [i]Why Revival [u]Still[/u] Tarries[/i]. Unfortunately for us, Brother Ravenhill passed away before the book was completed. Is it possible that this writer completed Leonard Ravenhill's book at his request? I hope that this is not the work of someone banking on the popularity and impact of [i]Why Revival Tarries[/i].

I did perform an exact Google search (using quotation marks) for "Why Revival Still Tarries", and the first site listed was a homosexual church website that seems to endorse the book. That doesn't seem to be a good sign.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Why+Revival+Still+Tarries%22

As for the concept of "revival," I still learn something every time that I read [i]Why Revival Tarries[/i]. The words and concepts in that book seem timeless.

:-)

2005/9/26 0:29Profile
formidable

Perth, Australia

Re:

i was actually on Chad Taylors website last night,
his book is from what i gather inspired by Ravenhill & is a revisit to "WHY STILL NO REVIVAL"
http://www.consumingfire.com, you can read the 1st 3 chapters online havent read them yet will look at it later today.

Quote:
I did perform an exact Google search (using quotation marks) for "Why Revival Still Tarries", and the first site listed was a homosexual church website that seems to endorse the book. That doesn't seem to be a good sign.

you cant judge the book because its come up on a gay website & endorsed it, or can you?
i think that can be far stretching

im actually on that site at the moment & there thinking i dont think is right.

from what ive read of Chad hes out there street preaching & doing the will of GOD for his life & trying to live obedient as we all do.

i hope he hasnt just cashed in on ravenhill aswel but i guess i could or anyone could email him & ask him why he wrote the book?

2005/9/26 1:59Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I seen this book at the book store the other day and I was wondering if it had anything to do with Ravenhill.. I was thinking either he had Ravenhill influence or stole part of his title from Ravenhill.

2005/9/26 9:08Profile
roadsign

Re: underground revival

I too read this book by Ravenhill a few years ago, and it burned right into my heart. I have not been the same since. No more complacency here.

I have been involved in a lot of revival praying, and it seems like things got worse. Some lives within our prayer group fell apart. Things went in the opposite direction in many ways. Some abandoned God altogether, and some turned to God.

I suspect that what we are seeing is actually a part of the process that leads to revival. Before the church folk are willing to let go of their worldly securities, including the institutionalized church, they have to discover that these idols don't work. And that will never happen as long as things still go well for them.

I'd say that the process is happening. It certainly has been happening in my life.

There are no magic formulas, or organizations that we can join. Revival is a work within our own hearts, and all that we can do is submit ourselves to God and let him change us first. I'm dicovering others too who, in a quite way are undergoing personal revival - through the refining fires of life.

I think that the word "revival" has come to mean just about anything anyone expects, but is far from what God is doing.

Quote:
Why Revival Still Tarries reveals that the Church is actually responsible for revival's standstill.

Yes, the church has been quenching the Spirit and on the whole is resisting revival. (Just like in the resisted Christ in his days on earth)

However, revival is God's ultimate work. And he uses history, circumstances in a culture, etc etc. We have to move with God's timing, and expect the unexpected.

A lot of false revival is happening because people are "jumping the gun" - ie, they are moving ahead in their own timing and ideas about revival. It looks splashy and appealing. However, God's real work is hidden and of no interest to carnal mind.

Diane

2005/9/26 11:21Profile

Re:

Some of you, have glanced over the name of the book and the author.

Why Revival STILL Tarries? By Chad Taylor
It is NOT the same book as Leonard Ravinhill's book 'Why Revival Tarries?'

[b]I was wondering, did anyone read it? Is is like Leonard'? Did Chad get inspired by Leonard to write this? [/b]

Chad after looking on the website a brother gave, seems to have hung out with Keith's wife in 2003, so I guess you could say that's a plus.

At first I was going to ask 'is this a mockery', because I did the google search and it was a Pro-gay-Christian site. But that is just someone else endorcing the book. It has nothing to do with the author promoting it on that site.

2005/9/28 14:19
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I believe that Chad asked brother David Ravenhill for persmission to use the title possibly? I am not sure if he knew Ravenhill personally. Once I heard this I was abit sad, I would love to have published another book of other articles that Ravenhill wrote that are not in print and call it that book. What a great title :P

2005/9/28 14:40Profile
baruch_48

Re: revival

[size=x-small]I utterly and whole-heartedly agree with diane/roadsign's assessment here concerning "revival" & she has a link on her site that further hits on this mindset by Becky McLendon, who I met on another board in the past.[/size]

[b]roadsign[/b]

Quote:
I too read this book by Ravenhill a few years ago, and it burned right into my heart. I have not been the same since. No more complacency here.

[b]I have been involved in a lot of revival praying, and it seems like things got worse. Some lives within our prayer group fell apart. Things went in the opposite direction in many ways. Some abandoned God altogether, and some turned to God.[/b]

I suspect that what we are seeing is actually a part of the process that leads to revival. Before the church folk are willing to let go of their worldly securities, including the institutionalized church, they have to discover that these idols don't work. And that will never happen as long as things still go well for them.

I'd say that the process is happening. It certainly has been happening in my life.

[b]There are no magic formulas, or organizations that we can join. Revival is a work within our own hearts, and all that we can do is submit ourselves to God and let him change us first. I'm dicovering others too who, in a quite way are undergoing personal revival - through the refining fires of life. [/b]

[u]I think that the word "revival" has come to mean just about anything anyone expects, but is far from what God is doing. [/u]

..Yes, the church has been quenching the Spirit and on the whole is resisting revival. (Just like in the resisted Christ in his days on earth)

However, revival is God's ultimate work. And he uses history, circumstances in a culture, etc etc. We have to move with God's timing, and expect the unexpected.

[b]A lot of false revival is happening because people are "jumping the gun" - ie, they are moving ahead in their own timing and ideas about revival. It looks splashy and appealing. However, God's real work is hidden and of no interest to carnal mind.[/b]

Diane

[size=x-small]When I came to this board and began posting ... trying to catch up with a lot of old posts, to get a flavor of this place .... I had not yet perused fully to have found out how focused this site is on the theme of "revival"

Consequently, it was to my dismay, when I later learned this .... AFTER having made a strong post along the lines of what Diane is saying ... and probably what Ravenhill has said ( who I know next to nothing about, regarding his ministry ).

Realizing that perhaps I'd jumped in and posted against the very stream of this website, I felt a sense of death concerning being here, as I don't seek to come to sites and challenge them.

I've not even wanted to open the "Revival" Folder, to see any possible responses to my words about 'looking for revival in america', and still have not checked. I don't care, honestly.

But if there should be any questions to where my heart stands concerning "revival" ... it is against the "hype" and "hoopla" of this oh-so-misused word .... revival

Quote:
A lot of false revival is happening because people are "jumping the gun" - ie, they are moving ahead in their own timing and ideas about revival. It looks splashy and appealing. However, God's real work is hidden and of no interest to carnal mind.

and my heart is definitely toward the last sentence of this above quote.

Amen[/size]

2005/10/5 5:44Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

as regards the nature and purpose of this site... an earlier phase, as I recall was a publishing venture called...

www.therevivalweneed.com

double click the above and see where it takes you. :-D

2005/10/5 6:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy