SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : First Time Open Air???...!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

First Time Open Air???...!!!

Dear brothers and sisters

please pray for me, because;

this saturday the 24th (today) there is a phychic/spiritual promotion, over 400 different occult, spiritual and phychic promotions for people who are interested, they can come and see all the different stants in this big hall.

And Thursday i heard about this, and something begane to burn in my heart, and mind. I wrote lot's of things down which can be preached, but the thing is, i don't know how the location looks, if there will be a spot to preach. But also i am not fully equiped with tracts, i have a few, i know it isn't necessarily needed, but may come in handy! School was quite busy, just came back from work, need to do some more for school, so preparation time isn't very much...

so i only know the place and the street, don't know if it's only indoor or also a part outdoor, if there will many people or not, and what the weather will be like, rain is expected...

but one thing i know [b]"there is no spiritual authority outside obediance to Christ"[/b]

i believe and know that i need to go, and i will go, trusting Him, with no knowledge of the location, people and spots, i only bring a Message, Christ and Him Crucified and Judgement to come and Law and Grace. May He anoint me and the Words!

In need of Him, for i can not do this by myself, for i will be there alone, with no open air preaching experience, so i surrender all of me into His Hands and that He may use me for His Glory.

so please pray for me.

in Him

William

2005/9/23 22:10Profile

Re: First Time Open Air???...!!!

praying...

2005/9/24 2:38

Re:

Praying here also Disciple.

Please tell us what happened.

All His Best to you.

Annie

2005/9/24 3:38
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: William

"And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and [b]nothing shall by any means hurt you.[/b] [b]Nevertheless[/b] do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."
[b]Luke 10:18-20[/b]

"A man can receive nothing [b]unless[/b] it has been given to him from heaven."
[b]John 3:27[/b]

And this following verse bro, I read just this week...and it's awesome. Take this with you when you're going out there...and if it all seems to have been a total failure...read these verses:

"But I said, "I have toiled in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; [b]yet[/b] surely the justice due to me is with the LORD, and [b]my reward with my God."[/b]"
[b]Isaiah 49:4[/b]

The Lord will be with you,

Paul

2005/9/24 5:27Profile
Gery

Re: Open Air

Dear Brother,

I respect you for your zeal and obediende. May the Lord be with you in a powerful way.

In Him,
Gery

2005/9/24 7:58Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re: First Time Open Air...the moment

Dear brothers and sisters!

First, thank you so much for your prayers, Jesse, Gery and Paul! I appreciate it very much! :-)

well now the moment of truth, i drove off at 2:30 pm here and got there at 3 pm, i was scared, but i knew this was the day and the place.

I found a spot at the gates, where people entered in the building and exited it. Also there was a guy, who gave me a card, he was a christian, and he was giving tracts, so he asked me if i was going to visit it, "no i'm about to preach", later that afternoon i spoke with him some more.

But anyway, i was at a corner of the gates with in front of me the busstop where people were waiting. I was standing on a 5 cm high piece of stone, and i didn't have a soapbox

I prayed to God, to ask for the moment to start preaching, i was scared, so after a few minutes of prayer i stood up and i began to preach.

i don't know how long i preached maybe half an hour, but when i first started there were some moments were i didn't know quite what to say, but the Words came, i was preaching on Joh 14:6, only one way, Jesus, and how are they going to face Him when they die, as Savior or as Judge.

People were passing by, the people at the busstop were i believe wondering why i was preaching, one woman was kind of a heckler, they just passed and shouted something to me, some others were listening, in one guy eyes i saw a kind of convivtion, but he thanked me and walked on.

I wasn't allowed to give tracts, so i just had to give The Message, and when the bus came the people got in and i quited preaching, my mouth was dry of preaching and loud speaking (because there was a sort of distance between the busstop and the gates)

I prayed for those at the busstop, that God will do something with the words they heard, and the others who were just passing by and heard just a few lines.

After that i began to speak one to one, i guy i could explain the full Gospel while walking to his car, and i could give him a tract(because it was out of the range of the building), others were not interested and had their own beliefs and didn't care...

But now i am exhausted, i feel empty, to be honest i don't know how to feel, don't know if they will respond to The Gospel. Don't know either if my message was clear, or people got the message.

It was all new to me, i believe He will teach me and show me, that i may grow in His Grace.

So in the end i only know i did what i had to do, but than again to be honest it feels kind of empty because i don't know what people will do with what they heard.

i lay it all in His Hands, that He may take care of it!

thanks again for your prayers, also those who prayed and made no reply on this post :-)

in Him

William

2005/9/24 17:27Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
but than again to be honest it feels kind of empty because i don't know what people will do with what they heard.

I've got to know you a little bit, brother, in the last couple of years. I know you didn't go out there because quite a few that participate on SI do preach open-air. I know you didn't do it because Finney did it, or Wesley or Whitefield.

I know you did it because God stirred you up (in a good way).

So, take these words with you:

"And go...and speak...and tell...‘Thus says the Lord GOD,’ whether they hear, or whether they refuse."
[b]Ezekiel 3:11[/b]

Finally, give God space to search your heart continually. Give Him the space to change your life more into His image. Let Him search your attitude, your motives...and keep your eyes solely on Jesus. He rewards those who are faithful.

In the Unfailing One,

Paul

2005/9/24 17:40Profile
dougkristen

Re:

William, Praise God for your courage to bring the gospel to these people. I am encouraged.

Is it against the law to pass out tracts in the Netherlands?

In Christ,
Doug

2005/9/24 17:43Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:

DezCall wrote:

"And go...and speak...and tell...‘Thus says the Lord GOD,’ whether they hear, or whether they refuse."
[b]Ezekiel 3:11[/b]

Amen! (thanks)[smile]

Quote:
Finally, give God space to search your heart continually.

Thank you bro, again also very true, may He search our hearts, and show us and lead us on His Way!

[b]Psalm 139:23,24[/b]
[i]Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.[/i]

more of Him, less of me/us!

in His Grace!

William

2005/9/24 17:49Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:

dougkristen wrote:
Is it against the law to pass out tracts in the Netherlands?

well no, but in that area of that building it was not allowed, they want it clean in the streets, and the place where i preached was property of that building so they made the rules.

so it was permitted out of that range :-) and the tract i gave was out of that range!

2005/9/24 17:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy