SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thank you Krispy, Etc.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Thank you Krispy, Etc.

I've found out through the pipe-line that brother Krispy went with some other guys down south to help and that he didn't want to blow his own horn and tell us on the open Forum.

That is what the Word says to do, but it does also say, "let another man praise you and not you yourself" ....

So THANK YOU KRISPY for going.

I already thanked the others who've gone.

God Bless anyone else who has done what some of us can't do.

Our prayers are with you all .... [b]BIG TIME !

Thank you all again.[/b]

;-)

2005/9/23 18:15
moreofHim

Re: Thank you Krispy, etc.

May God be with Krispy and whoever he is with- especially in light of the new hurricane coming tonight.

I know God will bless your efforts :)

In Him, Chanin

2005/9/23 18:30Profile

Re:

Oops, my wording ?

Krispy's back. He "went". Ha.

But God Bless all of you ;-) .

2005/9/23 18:56

Re:

Hmmm... Annie... uh, thanx?

I dont want everyone patting me on the back for this. We're Americans, and this is what we do. I am a Christian, and this is what I do. Last year hurricanes Francis and Ivan rolled thru Georgia and the western part of North Carolina... and we were all without power for over a week. Trees were down everywhere on houses, cars, powerlines... and flooding in Asheville and up in Haywood County was bad. Part of Route 40 up in the mountains near the NC/TN border washed right off the side of the mountain. People came in from all over and helped us all get back on our feet. Utility trucks with tags on them from as far away as NY and TX were here to help. People in the communities brought all their food that was in their freezers to churches, and the churches grilled up everything and fed thousands of people.

All I did at the beginning of the week was try and pay back a little of what I owe to my fellow Americans.

The devastation is so wide spread down there... anything we did was nothing. It's a very frustrating feeling.

Was in L.A. (for you yankees not from the south... that means Lower Alabama, not Las Angeles!) & Miss on the state line from Saturday evening till Wed morning. Had planned to be there until today (Sat, Sept 24) but were advised to head home early cuz of Rita.

Had several people who PM'd me who thought I had quit SI cuz I hadnt posted in a couple days... I was just out of town.

If anyone has a chance to go and help... whether it be AL, MS, LA, or TX... there is plenty of work to do. The news media will lose interest in a week or 2, and you wont see the devastation on a daily basis anymore, and you'll tend to forget about it. DONT! It's gonna take a long time for people to recover.

We southerners are used to rebuilding. First it was the British who burned and pillaged... then the yankees... then hurricanes... etc etc

Krispy

2005/9/24 7:05
Compton

Re:

Quote:
We're Americans, and this is what we do. I am a Christian, and this is what I do.

Thanks anyway Krispy!

Quote:
We southerners are used to rebuilding. First it was the British who burned and pillaged... then the yankees... then hurricanes... etc etc

I live down the street from The home of William Tecumseh Sherman. Now he really did bring wrath down upon the land...

2005/9/24 15:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
I live down the street from The home of William Tecumseh Sherman. Now he really did bring wrath down upon the land...

Yea, thats not a name you really wanna mention around here. ;-)

My wife is from Georgia, and you [b]really[/b] dont wanna mention that name there!

Krispy

2005/9/25 6:51
Compton

Re: The south

That's the truth Krispy! For northerners the American Civil War is something you learn about in a class room, but for southerners, it's something that's still very personal. I grew up outside of Appomattox Virginia and when they would have the train station parade with marching confederate soldiers, you'd swear these fellas were ready for another scrap, especially the old ones! I went to school in Richmond, and I remember how outraged people were when the feds wanted to "gift" the city with a statue of Lincoln and his son Tad for the same avenue that had monuments of Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, JEB Stuart, and Ex president Davis! (Now 'dem fightin' words!)

Speaking of the south, I was wondering why you have the Alabama state flag as your avatar? I thought you were from N. Carolina...

[img align=left]http://www.3dflags.com/media/icon/classic/u/3dflagsdotcom_us_al_2fsbs.gif[/img]

;-)

MC

2005/9/25 10:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy