Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GOD USES EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by _Disciple_ on 2005/9/21 11:43:03

be very blessed, keep looking at Jesus...facedown!

I like that Disciple.

Thank you for those links Shibu.

Thanks to the posters to this too.
The posts have been just as beautiful to read.

I'm glad we see 'that' for ourselves and for others, because like Chris brings out also ... most of the great men in our Bible failed.

We all do, but some 'really' lose it and I'm glad there are those who understand, that other's can "come back" after the falls and still be used by God, in ways that we (or they) never imagined. Amen, I've seen it with a few great men of God. And seen other's do 180's that No One expected could ever happen.

I know I posted this before and in all capitals, so hope no one minds if I do it again ...

NEVER GIVE UP ON ANYONE ! 8-)

2005/9/21 17:37
shibu

Goa, India

Re: GOD USES EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED

What I had posted was not to encourage license to sin more. My burden was to help a person who hit the rock-bottom. Though such a person may come back to Jesus through His precious blood. There is 99.9% change that, such a person may lead a fruitless and joyless life, by thinking that Lord will not love him/her with the same first love (steadfast love) or use him/her for His glory. That stop him/her from pure devotion to Lord Jesus and burning desire to please Him, rest of his/her life.

There is a word caution for us. Galatians 6:7-8 "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." This portion speaks about "LAW OF REAPING," i.e., what we sows, that we will also reap. Those who backslide from their steadfast devotion to Jesus, will definitely reap its consequence.

Though God had forgave David for committing adultery and murder. But still he had to pay its consequence (his own daughter was raped before his eye, his own son chased him for throne). Praise God! that David learn to cast himself into God's mercy, that made him to come out as a refined vessel for His glory. Finally God could comment him as "Man after My own heart." It is interesting note that, David doesn't repeat same sin again in his life because learned how much his own sin grieved God's heart. Yes, it is true that, wise man learn from his mistakes. Fool keep repeating his mistakes.

It is same with me, I never wish any brother/sister should fall into same ditch I had fell after knowing the Lord. That made me to waste the grace of God and precious time, which cann't get it back. But my fall made humble in my own eyes and whenever pray there is tears in my eyes because of the mercy and unconditional love I had received from Him though I had grieved Him so much. Now Lord is saying about me to the world "Therefore I say to you, his sins, which are many, are forgiven, for he loved much"

Now every day, I weep before God for His mercy and grace so that I will not fall into same ditch. I don't want to grieve my Savior heart more. Rather I want to love Him and be zealous for His kingdom more than what I had before my fall. Thanks be to His name that, He is answering my tears and loud cry. Last few years, by His grace I could walk consistently with the Lord. I firmly believe that He will take me to the every end without future backsliding, if I walk humbly before Him.

Yes, brother/sister (who had failed God) what Lord had done for me, will do for you too. Neither give up nor doubt His steadfast love and also learn from your mistake. Never take God's grace in vain rather follow the example of Paul "For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me (1 Corinthians 15:9-10)." Paul learned from his mistakes.

In my last post, there was mistake in the link for Zac Poonen's book titled "The Purpose Of Failure." I am very sorry for the mistake. Those who want to read that book on-line, use the following link
http://poonen.org/zac/the_purpose_of_failure.html
and for downloading same e-book, the link is
http://www.cfcindia.com/cda/books/ebooks/The_Purpose_of_Failure.pdf

May God give us grace to walk consistently with Him and grow in His knowledge on daily basis.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/9/22 8:49Profile
samkma

Bahrain

Re:

Hello Bro.Shibu
Greetings to everyone on this forum.
This is a great message. Indeed it is time the Church starts preaching to the ones who are at the bottom captivated by satan, Jesus did go down to preach the gospel of LOVE and freedom to the captives.This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men." (EPH.4.8)

May the Lord enable us to bring the mankind out condemnation.

2005/9/22 9:56Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Those who want to listen Zac Poonen's audio message(15 minutes) on "God's plan for those have failed". Please use the following
http://www.cfcindia.com/cda/mainpages/bct.php
This link will lead to "Basic Christian Teachings by Zac Poonen." In that, the above mentioned message is 72nd message by number. May bless you all.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/9/22 12:16Profile
shibu

Goa, India

I want to keep the following poem titled "His Plan For Me" very close to my heart as my prayer through out this earthly pilgrimage. I humbly encourage those who had been restored by God from their backsliding to read this poem often and renew their consecration before God. So that the following scripture portion will not take place again in their life by God's grace and mercy.

2 Peter 2:20-22 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

His Plan For Me

When I stand at the Judgment Seat of Christ
And He shows His plan for me,
The plan of my life as it might have been
Had He had His way - and I see

How I blocked Him here, and checked Him there,
And I would not yield my will,
Will there be grief in my Savior's eyes,
Grief though He loves me still?

Would He have me rich and I stand there poor,
Stripped of all but His grace,
While memory runs like a hunted thing,