SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Just Registered

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rooster

Just Registered

Salutations in HIS Blessed Name:
I just registered and couldn't wait to listen to Watchman Nee. If you haven't had a chance to read any of his books, i.e. "The Normal Christian Life", or "Sit, Walk, Stand"; here is a great opportunity to listen to great exegesis on Romans chapters 7-9. I am somewhat of an oldtimer (45). I grew up in Los Angeles, CA. and was a member of "The Church of the Open Door" with pastor: Dr. J.Vernon McGee (ttb.org). DR. R.A Torrey was the founding pastor and I noticed that he was included in the selections on this site. I have been blessed to hear some of the greats behind that pulpit in my lifetime, and can't wait to listen to a few more. Dr. Ray Steadman is also worth a listen. God Bless you all....
"Whom shall HE teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts, For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; line upon line, here a little, and there a little:"

2003/6/14 21:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Just Registered

Wow its great to meet you brother!! here are a few notes: The Watchman Nee sermons are his book being read by a person that has translated much of his works (its not watchman nee himself). And the R.A. Torrey testimony is I believe an elder of a church that visited with him.

Quote:
I have been blessed to hear some of the greats behind that pulpit in my lifetime, and can't wait to listen to a few more.

Wow. thats awesome, I am 24 years old so I havent heard that many greats in my lifetime live! If you have any old tapes of some great preachers let me know I would love to get more messages up God willing.

2003/6/14 23:26Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Just Registered

God Bless You. J. Vernon Mcgee. How great is that!
Still get to hear a lot of him on Christian radio out here in Santa Clara, Ca. Did not know that R.A. Torrey was the founding pastor and the correlation with Mr. McGee, well that just makes sense! Old timmer at 45? Yikes, I just turned 40!Thank God for kindness of this man and those who have helped put this site together, with all these "old timmers" that we can listen to!

crsschk

2003/6/14 23:31Profile
rooster

Re:

Hello Brother,
I am now living in Nor-Cal. I had to get away from the Canaanites. However the Phillistines are no better!!! I just sent kudos to the Webmaster and thanked him for such an enjoyable site. I am going to start praying for him and his inventory. Well, a little more Bible study and prayer and then its off to bed. Have you gone to the site: blueletterbible.org? Its a pretty good study site. God Bless, and PRAY like Elijah...

2003/6/17 23:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
and PRAY like Elijah...

"The Effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain. and the earth brought forth her fruit" - James 5:16b-18

Elijah was a man..

Elijah was a man with like passions as we are...

Amen brother lets pray like elijah! and expect and ask great things from God.

2003/6/19 0:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy