SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Lord shall fight for you

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Nellie

The Lord shall fight for you

The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. Ex. 14:14

It is much easier to do something than to trust in God: we mistake panic for inspiration. This is why there are so few workers with God and so many workers for Him. Chambers

This hit me square in the face this morning, for I have a tendency to think that God wants me to help Him do the work of the Holy Spirit through me.
He just wants a willing vessel.

I know that when I go to the Nursing Homes to sing and minister, that when I allow the Holy Spirit to take charge, I come away so refreshed in Him, but when I just sing, and the anointing isn't there, I just get sooo tired.

I know God wants me to sing at the Nursing Homes, and He does anoint me to do so, and I praise His Holy Name for all the lives He has touched there.

The thought came to my mind about, what if I just decided to do street ministry like Brother Jesse,
just get ahead of God, and head
for the Streets.
I can't imagine how tired I would be.
Brother Jesse is called to the Streets, I've heard him preach under the anointing of God.

It is God that worketh in us, both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Phil.2:13.

I just ask God to help all of us walk in His Spirit, and follow the Leadership of the Holy Spirit.

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.

Have a Blessed week-end , in Him.
Nellie

2005/9/16 10:30Profile
roadsign

Re: The Lord shall fight for you

Quote:
It is much easier to do something than to trust in God: we mistake panic for inspiration. This is why there are so few workers with God and so many workers for Him. Chambers

Amen Sister! I've been there, and it took a divine work in me to help me see it.
Quote:
I just ask God to help all of us walk in His Spirit, and follow the Leadership of the Holy Spirit.

Keep it up! We need that kind of help from God!
Diane

2005/9/16 10:59Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Sister Nellie wrote:

Quote:
I know that when I go to the Nursing Homes to sing and minister, that when I allow the Holy Spirit to take charge, I come away so refreshed in Him,

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

Isn't it very good to experience the promised refreshing. The Lord creates the substance for what we hope for.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/9/16 14:40Profile

Re:

Thank you for this thread Nellie.

Just the title hit me and then the verse you gave, and I think I needed to hear it.

And also Jeff's verse.

I was still young in the Lord when I went to Bible school, and when the Prof quoted that verse and spoke about the "times of refreshing", then he got sort of misty eyed and seemed to "remember when" and "long again" by his expression... I was too young in Christ to understand fully what he was reflecting on.

I am also "refreshed" by other's 'POSTS' :-).
Very much so... each day.

We're always wanting to do the battling instead of waiting on the Lord to handle it, so I appreciate that you felt led to post this today Nellie.

Thank you.
Love in Christ.
Annie

2005/9/16 16:35
ellie

UK

Thankyou Nellie,
Quote; from Nellie.

"The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. Ex. 14:14"
-------------

I, recieve it Oh! God. And thank you Oh! God on behalf of all my Family, all the needs. Amen

Praise to the Lord, Glory to the Lord in the Highest place. Set above the earth, in the heavens above the firmament.
Glory to you Oh! God, who doth send forth his Word. That comes to pass, for those whom will recieve and believe, on his His Word sent Forth.

I recieve, these Words of Holy Scripture from you this day, Almighty God, Giving praises and worship to you and thanks to you.

Quote: from Nellie
These Words of Scripture From God.

"The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. Ex. 14:14"

Amen.

ellie

2005/9/16 19:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy