SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil (1John 3:8b)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LetUsPray

The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil (1John 3:8b)

Are we deceived? Is the Church - comprised of anyone who is submitted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ - deceived? Do we really understand that we don’t wrestle flesh and blood, but spiritual powers of darkness (Eph 6:12)? The only power Satan has is what we give him. Why don’t we obey God’s Word?

Our Lord Jesus warned us, Himself and through His apostles and prophets:

Jesus laments to His Father that He has toiled in vain; spent His strength for nothing and vanity (Isaiah 49:4);
Jesus wondered if He would find ANY faith on the earth, when He returned (Luke 18:8);
Jesus told us that only a few would find the way to heaven and warned about false prophets in sheep’s clothing (Matt. 7:13-15);
Jesus warned us that there would be those among us who would perform miracles, cast out demons, and prophesy in His name, and He will not know them because of their refusal to obey His word (lawlessness).
Jesus warned us about various calamities, false prophets who would mislead many, etc., etc. (Matt. 24).
In the last days perilous times will come, Christians holding on to a form of godliness but denying its power; always learning and NEVER able to come to the knowledge of the truth (1Tim. 3:1,7)
Christians will accumulate themselves teachers, who will tickle their ears; Christians will not endure sound doctrine and believe myths (2Tim. 4:3,4).

This gives us a clear picture that the state of the Church may not be all that wonderful in the last days and even in the days leading up to the last days. The Christians in the Ephesian church in Revelation 2:1-7 are told that they have lost their first love; that the Holy Spirit (candlestick) would be removed from their midst if they didn’t repent. This was written only approx. 40 years after Paul wrote about the faith that the Ephesians had in God and their love for each other (Eph. 1:15). What is the state of our love for our brethren almost 2,000 year later? My personal experience – and I pray that I am an exception – is dismal in the “brotherly love” department.

A while ago a thread was placed called “Warning, Bloody Hands.” This post is a warning too. And, it is also a plea from the bottom of my heart. I am not pointing fingers, not accusing, only asking you, begging you to make sure that what you do as a Christian is really from God. Today, many things done in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ are not from Him. Jesus’ own warnings bear this out.

The title of this post reads: “The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.” As Adam and Eve trusts themselves into the arms of Satan by ONE ACT of disobedience, do we really think that today “because we are under the blood,” we can disobey God, debate theology, outsmart one another with clever words and arguments, and NOT be deceived by Satan?

Please brothers and sisters, read God’s word, don’t base your theology only on Church history, Church Fathers, and all the successful preachers and prophets of today, but test it against the Word of the Living God. Take your denominational glasses off and read the Bible without the denominational doctrines. We are NOT clever enough to figure out who God is, i.e., the TRINITY debate; we can only learn from what is in the Bible and obey what we are told to do.

This is what the Bible tells us about Satan: and NO marvel – don’t be amazed – for Satan himself is transformed as an angel of light (2Cor. 11:14). An angel of light will answer your prayers; will give you what you want and will do anything to make you believe that what you do is from God. And guess what: God Himself will send a strong delusion so that we may believe what is false if we don’t believe the truth (2Thes. 2:11,12). This is the judgment of the Church. If the Church doesn’t repent, She will believe what is false.

In a previous post, I suggested prayer. I still do. As God informed Abraham of His plans for Sodom and Gomorrah, so is He telling some of us: earthquake in California, do you feel the urgency, etc. Abraham bargained with God. Why don’t we? When God decides to bring further calamities – and He will as He has shown me and others – are we going to ask Him for mercy? Are we going to agree in prayer with one another in the Name of Jesus? Are we going to be one, so more then 10 righteous men will be found where we live?

In His Love,

Hans Prang

That they may be made perfect in one (John 17:23)

The Father's Final Call
www.thefinalcall.net

2005/9/15 14:46Profile
Gery

Re: The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil (1Joh

Dear Hans,

I have read your post. Thank you!

Firstly, I would like to get your thought on what you said in your post: "and He will as He has shown me and others"

And secondly, This is indeed an urgent matter. The Lord has also been going deep with my wife and I. Sin seperates us from Him, no matter how small or insignificant. The devil will always whisper his false peace not only into our ears, but much more deceitfully into our hearts. I ask, how many are there who just stand on their "being saved" but have no fruit to show? John Bunyan has a book "The Barren Fig-Tree". This book is straight forward. The type of message for the church of our day. May we never forget that our precious Lord Jesus Christ came to destroy sin, which is the works of the devil. Think of the blessed Angel who said to Joseph: "and you shall call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21) This is why He came! The rest is benefits of Him being so great and mighty.

May He find us bearing fruit!

In His love,
Gery

2005/9/15 18:25Profile
LetUsPray

Re: The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil

Dear Gery,
Thank you for your comments.

Quote:
Firstly, I would like to get your thought on what you said in your post: "and He will as He has shown me and others"

I have mentioned in previous posts that I have had dreams and words from which I understood that many more calamities would come. Others have confirmed similar details to me.

May He find us bearing fruit! Amen!

God bless you

In His Love,

Hans Prang

That they may be made perfect in one (John 17:23)

The Father's Final Call
www.thefinalcall.net

2005/9/15 20:57Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil (1Joh

Amen.

What is the trinity debate?

2005/9/16 0:23Profile

Re:

That's a good question brother Letsgetbusy.

And I also liked Hans' post.

Some folks get a bit confused where in Isaiah, Jesus is called The Everlasting Father.

In actuality, in the Hebrew it is "Father of Eternity".

That makes a major theological difference, because the Jesus Only folks, (the Oneness Doctrine) stumble on that one verse, which is the Only verse that can be stumbled over, when they try to disprove the Triune Godhead.

I had been invited by them to come to their Forum one time to post my verses in defense of the Trinity, and it was a wonderful and very cordial experience between us all.

They took down 2 threads against us "trinitarians" that they had up there, as a result of our talks, and I got a tear in my eye when that happened.
No fighting was necessary. I loved them and posted that way and I think they knew I loved them.

'Sometimes' it comes through :-? .

God Bless you all.

2005/9/16 4:53
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Wow. I've never heard of the oneness doctrine.

Here is what I get from Scripture: I do believe that all three persons of the Godhead are one, but each clearly brought in the next. Jesus was the only begotten Son, and Jesus breathed the Holy Ghost onto the disciples. However, all three persons of the trinity are the I AM. All three have always been and always will be. All three created us. All three are all knowing. All three are 100% God.

What would I be considered? This is somewhat new to me.

2005/9/16 14:41Profile
roadsign

Re: warnings

Quote:
I have had dreams and words from which I understood that many more calamities would come. Others have confirmed similar details to me.

I think that this is becoming more and more common knowledge even among the non-churched. It doesn't take special spirtiual enlightenment to recognize the reality of coming disaster. The Katrina huricane and the accompanying failure of man has shaken us out of our illusions about our civilization.

I have already heard over and over again the message that we should pray more, fast, ask God etc. I've been through a lot of that. Lot's of people pray on and on and on, but that seems to be as far as it gets. Most of them go home from prayer meeting and keep on living like they always have - with the same values.

Could it be that God is actually working, but we don't see it because we don't know what it looks like? After all, man looks on the outside, but God looks on the inside. God works to change our thinking first - alert our conscience about OUR OWN sin. Perhaps most of our prayer time is spent praying for God to change others. But really, it us us who must "go to the front of the line" and say, Lord, show me where I don't measure up, and do whatever it takes to change me.
Diane

2005/9/16 15:05Profile
LetUsPray

Re: The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil - and Warnings

Quote:
Lot's of people pray on and on and on, but that seems to be as far as it gets. Most of them go home from prayer meeting and keep on living like they always have - with the same values.

I believe that the last post by Roadsign sums it up nicely: the present state of a large part of the Body of Christ. Praying on and on and on and nothing ever seems to change. I have been involved with all forms of prayer groups and events for over twenty years, and it is astounding that so little changes have taken place in the lives of many people in the Church. You are right Diane that is exactly what we must do: go before God and allow Him to bring us to repentance and to change us. But it doesn’t stop with that. After that there is still: For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them (Eph 2:10). This, for some, may be intercessory prayer.

I also agree totally with the first statement in the last paragraph by Roadsign, God is actually working. What I am not so sure of if we are going to like what He will do and what it will mean for those who haven’t quite learned to trust Him and obey Him. I too, have heard about all these coming calamities. What was new for me was that most of the summer of 2001, I was waiting with great anxiety about airplanes that were going to crash and Babylon that would burn. That I hadn’t heard before, except when I fasted and prayed.

I mentioned the Doctrine of the Trinity, because the misunderstanding or misapplication of this doctrine has caused a great disunity in the Church. I will write another Post, and address some issues that I believe cause some of the disunity.

In His Love,

Hans Prang

The Father's Final Call
www.thefinalcall.net

2005/9/16 16:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy