SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Those cool Red Letters

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Those cool Red Letters

Does anyone know where i can get a link to all the verses in the OT (OLD TESTAMENT) of God's words so i can highlight them all in my bible.

I strongly believe those are important, and help me read better.

I know there is a bible called 'Sword' but its KJV and I (I) prefer the NASB.

Does anyone know? Cause i did a google search and such, and i just guess im not a good searcher..

2005/9/10 22:47
PaulWiglaf

Hartselle, Alabama

Re: Those cool Red Letters

What OT verses are you looking for, like the ones that are quoted in the NT?

2005/9/11 2:00Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
Does anyone know where i can get a link to all the verses in the OT (OLD TESTAMENT) of God's words so i can highlight them all in my bible.

Well, brother, you don't need a link for that, you only need a bunch of highlighters. You want to highlight the words of God? Aren't you giving yourself a hard time, brother?

I mean...you already have the words of God in the OT...and now you want to highlight all those words? Your OT is going to look pretty blue, green, orange or whatever then, because you'll have to highlight every single word of it........hahaha :-P :-)

Ok, no kidding :-)...I can't help you out with it, brother. Maybe some others can.

Grace and peace to you in Him,

Paul

2005/9/11 2:56Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: Those cool Red Letters

hey no fair i had that idea too the other week going through all the OT and putting all the words that God spoke in red eg.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, [color=FF0000]Let there be light[/color]: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. Gen 1:1-4

it'd get a bit excessive when you get to the prophets though!! lol

also you mentioned a KJV of what your asking about got any more info?

matt

2005/9/11 7:32Profile

Re:

Okay. To better explain.

Just as the Words of Christ are in red. I want ALL the word of God in red.(pink in my case, i have a pink highlighter..) I think it will help be better read. Because like it grabs you cause 'its God Almighty speaking'. And plus when i was reading thru Job, eh, i got so confused on 'who was speaking when'. (I havent read job resently...so God has laid this on my heart for a while, its just finally in full bloom).

If you go to . E-Sword.net i believe maybe .com. They have the 'sword of the Lord' bible and its in KJV with ALL the words of God in red. (I found that from Google but thats IT, not a list of them).

Yes, this will be very exhausting, but i believe the bible that i JUST bought (Thompson Chain, NASB) will be with me for a while (every bible i've had, i've given away for one reason or another, and the one i have now *Thin-line NASB* is good, but not enough room to write alot of stuff.

I have a nice pretty looking bible, and i want it to look like it went through some wars. ;-) And for me to be the by-product of that. 8-)

So, anyone else? Red Lettered OT, Does anyone know a site that shows 'God spoke in Gen. 1:3,6,9 etc...'

2005/9/11 14:28

Re:

Okay, im doing 10 pages a day. (161 days...eek)

I thought it was funny when i saw that there are 1611 pages in my NASB, IF ONLY it was a KJV how fun would that be ;-)

But thats all beside the point.

I need everyone's opinion on a few verses. "Should i mark these..." *Meaning are they God's words, or someone else's?*(The part in question are underlined and in bold) Read in [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Gen.%2018&version=49]Context[/url]

Gen. 18:5 - and I will bring a piece of bread, that you may refresh yourselves; after that you may go on, since you have visited your servant." And they said,[u][b]"So do, as you have said." [/b][/u]

Gen. 18:9 - Then they said to him, "Where is Sarah your wife?" And he said,[u][b] "There, in the tent." [/b][/u]

Gen. 18:10 - He said, [u][b]"I will surely return to you at this time next year; and behold, Sarah your wife will have a son." [/b][/u]And Sarah was listening at the tent door, which was behind him.

Gen. 18:15 - Sarah denied it however, saying, "I did not laugh"; for she was afraid. And He said,[u][b] "No, but you did laugh." [/b][/u]

Could there be a third party? I don't think so personally. I think its all God and maybe His angels when it says (They), but again, even in some bibles when God speaks they (translators/printers) sometimes make mistakes in stating 'He' instead of 'he'. So, im looking for everyone's two cents..

2005/9/12 21:18

Re:

my first thought, you have to be kidding me... i can see the reasoning for it... brother, please if your heart is burning with that desire, go ahead. I read the OT a little different.
What God says surely is important. But, what is important more for me is how the people of God respond exactly when God is working through their life. I see the dynamic of God's talk in their own hearts and the hearts of others.
Forexample, about two months ago, I read half of 2nd Samuel in one sitting. The portion that I read was from somewhere when David commited adultery to the point he comes back to his kingdom after Abslom dies. Now mind you, i have read that story maybe i don't know a few teen times. Some how that day, as I reached the passage that stated when David was saying, "Oh my son Abslom, my son Abslom" i was deeply grieved and started to weep. I saw David in a different light than at any other time. Part of it was ofcourse there was a passage I rememeberd he was fleeing it specifically states he was without shoes. I somehow conjured this image of a man, with very few confidants ragged clothes, very little food(as the Bible states), and the grief that he feels deeply entered my heart. Just my sharing brothers and sisters. I am sure there are as many of people as the Holy Spirit speaks to that have different ways of the word of the Sword being communicated to them. Why did i bring this, well I say stick to what works now brother. Stick with what works of what you know God communicates to you. I believe there is no need to search for Bible that has that. I will be true.Some of you might say, i am a legalistic. I want to be corrected if i am, but i don't know if i will ever see the day that I need a concordance bible or a bible with the notes.
On a side note, I looked for a wide margin bible KJV version and the only one i found, was really a very expensive one at 120. does anybody know any other one?

2005/9/13 1:24

Re:

Anyways folks, I really need your advice on this, are those verses above God spoken verses?

I have a few others, but just a few at a time. Man, God spoke alot in Exodus. (My hand started to cramp).

I'm doing 15 pages a day instead. And the OT is about 1200 pages long. So it won't take too long, and gives me time to look over everything.

*I already messed up, but minorly, by highlighting 'excessivly', like i just kept highlighting again and again, and i accidently highlighted 'and moses replied'...woops! but, i used a pen to divide them, other than that, I like the look, it helps me*

Any help with those verses above (like 2 posts above)

2005/9/20 0:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy