SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : WIVES: WHAT ARE OUR DUTIES, CALLING AND RESPONSIBILITIES?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Ruby

South Africa

WIVES: WHAT ARE OUR DUTIES, CALLING AND RESPONSIBILITIES?

HI ALL,

Proverbs 31 comes to mind as soon as someone mentions a wives caling to me.

I have only been married for a couple years, but already see and understand (with the light that I have) the major responsibility that us wives have. A help meet!! It even gets better: Gen 3:16 states that our desire shall be our husbands!! This is serious.

Wives, have a good look at your marriage. See yourself as the weaker vessel, the helper, the intercessor!! If the world can only grasp this, our marriages will not be in the state that they are in and divorce rates will plummet.

Please view your opinions ladies and gents. Help me and all that visit this site to grow and fulfill our calling, so that my husband can fulfill his.

Im Him,

Ruby

2005/9/8 7:25Profile

Re: WIVES:

My first responsibility is to my relationship with Christ. If I'm "hearing" from Him, I'll know exactly what my husband needs.

I've been married 25 + yr.s and the Word says, older woman, teach the younger to 'Love' their Husbands.

I believe also in submission. But thankfully also, have a husband who will not take advantage and knows the Lord speaks to me also.

There are tons of books on this issue. One I read long ago, called "Me, Obey Him ?" was very good. Though out of print, I think, a friend ordered it recently from the used book site.

A submissive spirit, is very important ... as the world is pressing in the opposite direction for woman to be more dominant. Macho woman, I call them.

I also liked a book called "Lord, Change Me."

Prov. 31 says, she opens her mouth with "wisdom".
Men are under such tremendous pressure any more, that they appreciate having a level headed woman at home, that he can trust to not spend money foolishly (vs 11), her thoughts will be on doing only what's good for him, so that she's not Self-ish (vs 12), she may not have the advantages of having "handmaidens" as the Prov 31 woman had, but she does her part to help, in whatever capacity she can, to lighten the load of her man, she may be the "weaker vessel" but vs. 17 says, she girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms and in vs. 25 strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

So you get the feeling, that she is generally inwardly strong also and that brings Peace to her husband, who can come home from work and find Peace in his home and not a neurotic, weak minded wife, because she's spent time with God, because of vs 30, she fears the Lord.

He can safely trust in her, because she's 'doing right' and not sitting around watching T.V. and reading secular magazines that focus on "self", so that she keeps herself far from any type of worldly temptation, whether he's home or not.
His peace comes from being able to have that 100% trust in her, in all the issues of life.

Being kind and generous to the poor and needy, is a good example to her children also. (vs 20)

They say, that the woman is the one who sets the atmosphere of the home, and Peace is the greatest gift a man can come home to. Besides that Love. :-)

God Bless ya Ruby.

Annie

2005/9/8 8:07
Ruby

South Africa

Re:

Wow GrannieAnnie,

Thank you very much for your words of wisdom and inspiration!!!

I will not take them lightly.

In Him,

ruby

2005/9/8 8:16Profile
Gery

Re: Wives

Dear Ruby

I see it daily. Married women just living as if they are their own "bosses". The Bible says that the husband is the head of the wife. By that I am not trying to say that the husbands have no duty. The greatest joke is church women that have no respect for their husbands.
If anyone would ask me why I think my wife is truly saved I would have to answer: "because she lives out her God given duties in a time that it is humanly impossible to do so"

Thanks for the post,
In Him,
Gery

2005/9/8 16:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Ruby, the saying is "your home is your castle." A castle is a place of safety in which your DH and children find it a protected place, safe from the storms that rage outside. Since this is the case, it is your responcibility to keep it peaceful. Think about that! The impications are so strong and varied. Now what are some things that will threaten this peace?
1. A cranky attitude.
2. A selfish attitude - one who only thinks of her wishes and comforts.
3. A person who lives in rebellion to God's will.

So the opposite is true and how does one do this in practical terms?
1. Keep an orderly house.
2. Cook healthy, delicious meals, perferably from 'scratch'. Be creative.
3. Have meals on time.
4. Make sure the laundry is up to date AND put away.
5. Invite friends and stangers in for meals.
6. Be friends with your in laws. Love his family.
7. Get your work done so when he comes home he will find a relaxed wife. (Hard to do, I'll admit when you have been working hard all day. You get tired too.)
8. Do NOT flirt with other men. Give your DH NO reason to suspect your loyalty to him.
9. Be affectionate.
10. Have him understand he is the king and you are the queen.
11. None of these things are possible without YOU having a close walk with the LORD at ALL times.
12. Ask him for for his opinions even in things that are outside of a males realm of interests.
13. NEVER, NEVER put him down to other people. Or cut him down in front of others. Keep your disagreements private. Show respect and expect the same from him.

Easy? Sometimes. Sometimes hard cause I get tired, too. But I have been married to the same man for 38 years. Have fun, although you may at times wonder why on earth you married this guy! And he may wonder the same about you...so that is why we need commitments to be faithful because our feelings try to interfer. Recognize that feelings come and go and it is up to you to master those. Women, especially, are prone to act on feelings which gets us all into big trouble. But remember we are also made in the image of God and he is more interested in you then you will ever be in Him! So when things get tough, just talk to HIM! But do NOT wait until it gets tough. Staying in touch with the Master will go a long way in keeping things from becoming impossible.

Blessings to you.....

ginnyrose

2005/9/8 16:42Profile
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

Re: A Wife

I know this isn't probably the right thread to say this and no i'm not being silly either, but i would ask of you all that maybe the Lord might bless me with a wife of his choosing one day soon. It's been 10 years that i've been alone and single. I miss so much being married. I miss the companionship so greatly. If the Lord would privelage me with a wife then i hope he might bring her into my life for us to meet and soon. Please pray and thank you all. God Bless.

2005/9/8 16:50Profile

Re: A wife ?

Hia Brother Kadmiel, You may laugh, but I like these verses out of 1 Corth 7 below the best. :-)

But, despite that, I will pray earnestly, that the Lord would especially PROTECT YOU from the wrong woman, and if it is His will, and He does have someone for you, that's He's chosen, that you soon enough will meet her.
But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and ...... you know the rest. :)

His Very Best to you brother.

Annie

1Co 7:7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
1Co 7:8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.
1Co 7:29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
1Co 7:30 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
1Co 7:31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.
1Co 7:32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
1Co 7:33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.
1Co 7:35 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

2005/9/9 1:27
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

Re: A Wife

Sister Annie,

Thank you so very much. The Lord Bless you.

:-)

2005/9/9 16:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy