SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anyone have 'panic attacks'?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
denem7

Orange Park, FL

Re:

wow...these messages help me to know that i'm not the only one that suffers from fear. i've actually gotten mad at myself for fearing. i can think of times when i was sitting in a church group and we all went around stating our name and something about ourself. i remember thinking: "oh my goodness!!!! i'm next!!!". my heart would race and when it came my turn, i'd nearly faint when i told my name and information. then, after it was all over i asked myself: "why was i fearful? wasn't it foolish for me to be fearful?". yet even if the situation arises again and again, i'm STILL fearful even today. like i said, sometimes i just get mad at myself.

i think that we can overcome it thru prayer (for starters) and thru practice. i think if we practice speaking to small groups of people or expressing our feelings, we'll eventually find a "comfort level". then, of course, we can speak to larger groups and be even more expressive.

i have heard that courage isn't the absence of fear but instead it's "in spite of our fear".

one last note. i have found new comfort in the verse "i can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me". i MUST remember that's it Christ that gives me the strength and words to say. i'm not functioning in my OWN power but instead in HIS!!! hope this helps somebody! dennis

2005/9/8 12:25Profile
ellie

UK

Re:by rocklife on 2005/9/8 13:08:37

Quote by rocklife
"But the COWARDLY, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters, and all liars- their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur." rev 21:8

Quote by rocklife
Paul says he beat his body into submission

I think with the terrible scriptures above, that you are best not to comment on this subject.
You are way out of order, you know nothing of these matters. I hope that you never know by having an attack, what this Posting is about.
Your quotes, have not come from God.

I ask almighty God that you will intervene, for each person on this Posting or on this site. Who have experience of these panick attacks, or anxiety.
That as we look to you, that you would reveal to us through your Holy Spirit, that which you would have us know. To be released and freed, from the causes. I thank you that you are teaching us within, to be overcomers. That when we emerge from this, we will have been built up in strength with you. Standing on the Rock.
Through having relied on you daily, having truly lived with 'Great Courage' trusting you.
I thank you Almighty God, for the Love you show to us daily. We know that you will reveal the answers, which will be in your perfect timeing. As you know already, when this will be.
I know that you will use all of our experiences, for the good and to further your Kingdom.
Praise be to you and have Mercy upon us, as you hear our prayers.
Worthy art thou, Lord God Almighty. Amen

ellie

2005/9/8 18:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy