SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : MP3 player/help

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HopeinChrist

MP3 player/help

I would like to buy an mp3 player or an ipod so I can download sermons and listen to them while I am working. I don't know the first thing about them and there seems to be so many choices. I would appreciate it if anyone on the cutting edge of this technology could offer any recommendations.
Hope

2005/9/5 19:43Profile
Compton

Re: MP3 player/help

The "iPod Shuffle" would be an excellent choice. For between $99 and $129 you can carry around up to a gig of audio in a player that is smaller then a pack of gum! It's designed to randomly select tracks or can be set to play them in a sequence you set up on your PC. (Or Mac.)

2005/9/5 19:54Profile
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re:

I wouldn't recommend an iPod Shuffle as it has no display screen. I would go with an iPod Mini if I were you, though I don't own one. I've heard Apple are bringing out a flash-based player soon which will mean longer battery life.

Of course mp3 players are not designed for listening to sermons and unfortunately you cannot fast-forward to the middle of the sermon for instance (correct me if I'm wrong). The only way to get around this would be buying a PDA like the Palm LifeDrive which you can listen to your sermons on and skip to different parts just like on your computer.

2005/9/6 4:31Profile

Re: iPod Shuffle

I have an iPod Shuffle at it works fine. You do not need a display screen and you CAN fast-forward to the middle of the sermon. You can also restart were you left off if needed.

2005/9/6 5:30
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re:

Oh that's good you can fast-forward, but still when a sermon is an hour long, how long does it take to fast-forward? I mean I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the iPod Shuffle it's just I own a similar kind of mp3 player and I find it very annoying to listen to sermons.

Say I want to listen to the 2nd half of a particular sermon, well I can't. If there was an mp3 player on the market where you could do drag and drop style fast-forwarding then it would be ideal for listening to sermons.

2005/9/6 5:39Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

by freecd
I have an iPod Shuffle. You do not need a display screen

I looked at these online and I got the impression it just plays whatever is on there at random. Without a display screen, can you select what you want to listen to?
Hope

2005/9/6 6:25Profile

Re: ipod shuffle

It can be set to play your mp3's in the sequence you set up.

2005/9/6 17:15

Re: MP3 player/help

Quote:

HopeinChrist wrote:
I would like to buy an mp3 player or an ipod so I can download sermons and listen to them while I am working. I don't know the first thing about them and there seems to be so many choices. I would appreciate it if anyone on the cutting edge of this technology could offer any recommendations.
Hope

I am also looking into buying a mp3 player and wondered if anyone has any more recommendations on what is the best thing to get out there for listening to sermons.

Thanks for your help!

Blessings,
Joy

2005/12/3 15:16
martymill

Montreal, Canada

Re:

I would suggest you don't buy MPIO. I've had to return two of them as they were not working properly. The quality seems questionable. Although the retail store was gracious enough to give me the 2005 model and that one seems to be well built.

blessings,
Martin

2005/12/3 16:58Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I just bought a simple USB Flash MP3 player from Wal-mart. Mine is only 128mbs.. But I'm fine with that... I can usually put about 10 sermons or more at a time. That seems to be enought for me. You can sometimes find them for as low at $30. [url=http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=15]TigerDirect[/url]

Check that link out.

EDIT: Here is another link. [url=http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category.asp?Category=21]New Egg[/url]

2005/12/7 9:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy