SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does anyone else feel the urgency?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Urgency!

Dear sister,

I do have this same feeling, or, better put "the same condition of heart".

...all the disciples slept when Jesus wept.

The fact that you're standing alone, means that you are being true to the nature of a true Christian: we are pilgrims, strangers (1 Pet 2:11-12)!

I just e-mailed a friend of mine the article by AW Tozer, called [url=http://www.sendrevival.com/pioneers/awtozer/the_saint_must_walk_alone.htm]The Saint must Walk Alone[/url]

Here are some excerpts:

The prophets of pre-Christian times differed widely from each other, but one mark they bore in common was their enforced loneliness. They loved their people and gloried in the religion of the fathers, but their loyalty to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and their zeal for the welfare of the nation of Israel drove them away from the crowd and into long periods of heaviness. "I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children," cried one and unwittingly spoke for all the rest.

And...

The sense of companionship which he mistakenly attributes to the presence of Christ may and probably does arise from the presence of friendly people. Always remember: you cannot carry a cross in company. Though a man were surrounded by a vast crowd, his cross is his alone and his carrying of it marks him as a man apart. Society has turned against him; otherwise he would have no cross. No one is a friend to the man with a cross. "They all forsook Him, and fled."

and another one...

The man who has passed on into the divine Presence in actual inner experience will not find many who understand him. A certain amount of social fellowship will of course be his as he mingles with religious persons in the regular activities of the church, but true spiritual fellowship will be hard to find. But he should not expect things to be otherwise. After all he is a stranger and a pilgrim, and the journey he takes is not on his feet but in his heart. He walks with God in the garden of his own soul - and who but God can walk there with him?

O boy...there's so much truth in it!!

The truly spiritual man is indeed something of an oddity. He lives not for himself but to promote the interests of Another. He seeks to persuade people to give all to his Lord and asks no portion or share for himself. He delights not to be honored but to see his Savior glorified in the eyes of men. His joy is to see his Lord promoted and himself neglected. He finds few who care to talk about that which is the supreme object of his interest, so he is often silent and preoccupied in the midst of noisy religious shoptalk. For this he earns the reputation of being dull and overserious, so he is avoided and the gulf between him and society widens. He searches for friends upon whose garments he can detect the smell of myrrh and aloes and cassia out of the ivory palaces, and finding few or none, he, like Mary of old, keeps these things in his heart.

Alright, alright...I will quit with this one (man...did I almost quote the whole article! Worth reading!)

The weakness of so many modern Christians is that they feel too much at home in the world. In their effort to achieve restful "adjustment" to unregenerate society they have lost their pilgrim character and become an essential part of the very moral order against which they are sent to protest. The world recognizes them and accepts them for what they are. And this is the saddest thing that can be said about them. They are not lonely, but neither are they saints.

Be encouraged, sister! You are in good fellowship. Enoch, Moses, Daniel, Jeremiah...and Jesus Himself!

In Him who bore the Cross alone,

Paul

2005/9/5 14:15Profile

Re:

Sorry MrBillPro :oops: I gotcha now!
Paul, wow yes i am so encouraged by this! im going to read this article over tonight. What a blessing.

Quote:
For this he earns the reputation of being dull and overserious, so he is avoided and the gulf between him and society widens.

Thats it, yes im dull and overserious and it's normal...yeay!
Quote:
The man who has passed on into the divine Presence in actual inner experience will not find many who understand him. A certain amount of social fellowship will of course be his as he mingles with religious persons in the regular activities of the church, but true spiritual fellowship will be hard to find. But he should not expect things to be otherwise. After all he is a stranger and a pilgrim, and the journey he takes is not on his feet but in his heart. He walks with God in the garden of his own soul - and who but God can walk there with him?

This is it exactly, thank you for posting that, you are a blessing!!

2005/9/5 14:55
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

Re: Does anyone else feel the urgency?

[size=x-small]Im not judging or even condemning. What im trying to say is that God has really been talking to me about a transformation of the heart, to examine ourselves and ask if Jesus our Lord was to come back this very day would we be ready? Im only writting this as everyone i talk to really arent interested in this and seem to be so caught up with the affairs of this world to material things like choosing between two different shades of blue paint and arguing over it when people have lost lives, homes, everything!![/size]

I too feel the urgency, for short moments, but it is deep and consuming. Our house here is for the most part so full of busy-ness almost chaos.
In early June of 1984 I was born again yet did not press on for the baptism of the Holy Ghost...had alot free time then, but now with 2 and 1/2 families living here distraction is the norm. This urgency is a burden of God, to be in right standing with HIM. Be obedient. Be ready. Be willing. For what?...that is for Him to decide. This is what the church needs, Not by might, no by power, but by my Spirit saith the Lord. This is what those people from N.O. need...saints walking and talking in holiness through the Holy Ghost. I read this morning at fire on the alter dot com that all the guns have sold out at a Wal-Mart store where some of the refugees were sent just north of N.O. The KKK are all around the south. Serious trouble could be brewing.
May God be glorified and lifted up in times ahead.
Note from Editor: What's going on at FireontheAltar? 9/1/05

+ HURRICANE
Dear Brothers and sisters,
United4Truth is based in Watson, LA which is roughly an hour north of New Orleans. We ended up missing the brunt of Katrina by being about 15 - 20 miles west of the 100+ mph winds. We are back up, but there is extreme need all around us. Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Watson have easily doubled their population due to the evacuation out of New Orleans. Yesterday, I spoke with families who survived the hurricane and had not eaten in three days. They get to a shelter to either find severe heat or lack of cots, blankets etc... There is SO much need. Please pray for provisions and peace. Please pray that racial barriers will be broken down. I know most of you have heard about the rioting in New Orleans and the governments efforts to get the people in other cities close by. The Denham Springs/Watson area consists primarily of white people. Sadly, Denham Springs was actually one of the birth places of the ku klux klan. There are tensions.... I recently found out that the first item to sell out at the local Wal Mart here was guns. So, seriously man, please pray for the Holy Spirit to invade this place! Pray for love and peace!

2005/9/5 15:28Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Absolutely!! I have felt the urgency for the past year! When I heard about Katrina in my spirit I sensed that this is the beginning. I have felt an urgency for the church to wake up!! To seperate from the world now! It is the only way we will make it. For the past year I have desired nothing except for Christ! To know Him more and to become more like Him. I often wonder if He gets tierd of me asking for the same thing, but the desire is so strong. I have had moments of deep despair over my own condition and the condition of the church. I desire to be holy and sperated for Him.

Times are going to become much more difficult. It is His LOVE that will get us through. The more we become seperated for Him, the less we will feel the affects of the loss around us when it comes. We need to remember that this is not our home. Our life is just a vapor...a moment in time!! We put so much into this physical life. The only thing that matters is our relationship with Christ and our love for one another. Get your house in order! Our first responsiblity is to our family. Don't go saving the world if you are not being the man or women God has called you to be at home.

My prayer for the people who are suffering the devestation of Katrina is "Lord soften their hearts. Let them aknowledge your hand in this and cry out to you. Bring comfort and healing to them, especially the young and elderly. Above all let them see you! Soften their harden hearts and bring them to know you." We need to offer support to bring water, food, shelter and medical supplies, but above all we need to pray for eternal salvation!!

2005/9/5 17:32Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

I do! for a few years now I have felt God saying 'play time is over, there's work to be done' We have to tell people about Jesus, that's why we're here! Revelation 3:15 warns us not to be luke warm. we need to be on fire!. Isaiah 52:1 Awake...!

MrBillPro wrote:
I don't think I need to pack a suitcase do I?

Well the only thing we can take to Heaven with us is other souls, so lets proclaim the Gospel! ;-)

PS how do you 'quote'?

2005/9/5 18:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Ah reckon I would have to be considered dull as well. So if you get a bunch of dull people together, I am sure we could have a wonderful time encouraging each other!

Yes, the urgency...makes it so much worse when you have loved ones outside the fold. It just about makes you go crazy when you try to internalize eternity without Jesus and that is where your loved ones will spend if they do not get right with God! It is a grief for which there is no comfort. Jesus grieves as well...yes the urgency....encouraging to hear others feel it also..

ginnyrose

2005/9/5 19:18Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:

"Yes, the urgency...makes it so much worse when you have loved ones outside the fold. It just about makes you go crazy when you try to internalize eternity without Jesus and that is where your loved ones will spend if they do not get right with God! It is a grief for which there is no comfort. Jesus grieves as well...yes the urgency....encouraging to hear others feel it also.."

I understand and empathize with how you feel sister ginnyrose. The pressure cooker is ready to explode. At any second a King is about to step out of the eastern sky slaying nations with eyes of fire and a sword from His mouth.

I feel like a child much to little to pick up and carry his parents - trying desperately to wake them as the house and bed they sleep in burns around them and the flames of death lick thirsty and hungry at their heads and heals. I shake and yell and scream while they remain fast asleep about to be consumed at any second by eternal fire and death.

I run to bath tub and fill a bucket with ice cold water to throw on them that they may wake to be saved from the burning house in which they sleep. But they only wake long enough to scold me for being mean and cruel and un-loving falling right back to sleep to their eternal death. All I can do is fall to the floor in tears, pick myself up and try again before it is too late. It is a grief for which there is no comfort. Jesus grieves as well...yes the urgency....encouraging to hear others feel it also..the wrath of God is poised to strike!!!

The sense of urgency is almost unbearable. This is what prompted me to post WARNING! BLOODY HANDS! Read the message again and ask yourself the questions.

A KING IS ABOUT TO STEP OUT OF THE EASTERN SKY!!!

Brother Igy has allowed me (and fireonthealter) to post a compilation of his on my website called “Discerning The Times” We must understand the time in which we live. Your feelings of urgency are the reflection of this understanding. Go listen to the compilation. It is the 8th comp down “Discerning The Times - Speaker Billy Humphrey - Author Igy”

[url=http://www.thesearchforbiblicaltruth.org/comps.htm]Discerning The Times Compilation[/url]

If for some reason you can’t download the comp PM me and let me know and I will make sure you get it.

2005/9/7 1:57Profile
rocklife

usa

Yes, I feel this way daily, that feeling motivates me into action, prayer along with some daily active service, either giving out tracts (like pennies pressed with the 10 commandments and etc), sharing powerful literature with others, giving away bible cartoons to children, and etc.

Ask God to give you a way of expressing the energy, the urgency you feel. The harvest is plentiful, the laborers are few, Jesus says. The bible also is clear, there is always room for more to come into His heavenly banquet.

2005/9/7 2:08Profile
mshelby

Very interesting that so many on this forum have sensed the same type of thing. I have been a Christian for many years, but for the last two years I have really sensed the Holy Spirit telling me to "Get Ready" to "Get Prepared," etc...

I don't mean to sound like a fanatic or some weirdo cultist, but I can't seem to shake the sense that I am being told to "study my Bible with renewed intensity" and to get ready to be put to work in some way.

2005/9/7 16:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I understand your feelings. And you know what.. if we feel so frustrated because of our helplessness, how do you think Jesus feels? He did so much, he allowed himself to be nailed on a cross in order to redeem us..He did all he possibly could to redeem people and yet they mock him.Somehow I can understand the wrath of God when considered in this context and you know what? I do not blame him, either. Yet I grieve for my lost loved ones, the ones I bore in my body, the ones I loved as they were growing up, whose tears I wiped away, who I fed, clothed, read to, sang to.....

Unless you have loved ones outside the fold it is difficult for others to understand our grief and urgency...

ginnyrose

2005/9/7 21:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy