SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Chief Justice William Renquist died...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Chief Justice William Renquist died...

Hello...

Chief Justice William Renquist passed away a few hours ago as the result of his long battle with cancer. He was 80 years old.

I would ask that we pray for his family, as well as his replacement. This position will be crucial to many controversial votes concerning America's future. There are several critical cases that will be brought up next year, including some cases concerning abortion, homosexual "marriages," and other "freedom of religion" issues. The two positions open on the Court bench have the possibility to save millions of lives a year (if abortion would once again become illegal).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050904/ap_on_go_su_co/rehnquist

:-)

2005/9/4 2:08Profile
baruch_48

Re:

What if any of that has to do with the Gospel, bro Chris ?

baruch

2005/9/6 8:16Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

The Times we live...

Hi baruch_48...!

This week, many in this SermonIndex community have been discussing the possible prophetic and moral implications of Hurricane Katrina, which possibly resulted in the death of 10,000 human beings. The event was tragic, and was discussed in several threads (like "[i]Wrath[/i]?" etc...). Some believed that this was the result of a judgment of God, the Wrath of God, or a mere "sign" of the times.

On Saturday night, the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court passed away. This certainly falls under the "[i]News and Current Events[/i]" section of threads. Also, Chief Justice William Renquist was one of the staunchest critics of abortion on the Supreme Court. While the tragedy in New Orleans, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Florida from Katrina might possibly reach 10,000 -- the detestable act of abortion kills 10,000 children [b]per day[/b].

Indeed, it would be expedient of believers to join together in prayer as we pray for the President and Congress as they choose and confirm his replacement. There are other controversial issues that will be raised and considered by the Court this year. Among such issues are the topics of religious liberty, homosexual "marriage", etc... We should most certainly pray that a godly man can replace Renquist -- one that will hold the wisdom to act on behalf of believers. As believers, we should use every means possible (including the Courts and Congress) to live and spread the Gospel. Remember, Paul used a similar legal system to "appeal unto Rome."

These are crucial times. Such matters could and should be discussed by the people of God.

2005/9/6 10:10Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: The Times we live...

Proverbs 28:2

"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

2005/9/6 11:06Profile

Re: The Times we live...

"We should most certainly pray that a godly man can replace Renquist"

I was with you up to this point. Of course you mean "man" in the generic sense and include women as candidates for this office.

Bub

2005/9/6 12:01
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Bubbaguy...!

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
I was with you up to this point. Of course you mean "man" in the generic sense and include women as candidates for this office.

Bub

I suppose I should clarify it with the word "[i]person[/i]" -- meaning "man" [u]or[/u] "woman." I have no issue with either a godly woman or man serving on the Supreme Court. Wasn't [i]Deborah[/i] a "Judge" (a leader who delivers justice) of Israel?

Uh oh.
Am I beginning to sound a little "gender neutral?"
I don't mean to sound like the NIrV.

2005/9/6 14:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy