SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Was it Wrath?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Open Air Preaching on New Orleans

Friday evening I went out into the streets to do some open air preaching, and felt led of the Lord to make the disaster that be-fell New Orleans the topic of the sermon (I recorded it for any who are interested in hearing it). Being that when I do open-air, there is some risk involved in my preaching, and I am always DEAD serious about what I say it when I say it. I don't simply go out as one who has chosen to express rather loudly their own private religious views. I always seek the Lord on what to preach before I preach, and did so in this case.

I preached with a burden, and could still hear the echo's of David Wilkerson's famous 9-11 sermon in the back of my thoughts, "The Towers Have Fallen- But have we heard the message?"

I preached that I believe that God did have His hand on this situation. I recalled how once there was a kitchen fire in my house, and as the fire burned I dashed up the stairs to wake my father up who was sleeping, to tell him to wake up for the house was on fire. I put my hand on him and started to shake him hard, speaking earnestly that the house was on fire and that he needed to wake up.

After much prayer and reflection, I firmly believe that is what God is doing right now. God is attempting to wake us up. Our nation is in the hands of God right now, and He is shaking us, urging us to wakeup. ARISE O SLEEPER; AWAKE!; AND LET CHRIST SHINE HIS FACE UPON YOU!

I believe right now this nation is experincing a shaking. God has shaken us with 9-11. God has shaken us with two wars. God has shaken us with Katrina. God is shaking, and will continue to shake. I believe He is trying to wake us up. Too many prayers of too many righteous, many more righteous than I, have ascended before God's throne for this nation. He cannot simply let us idly sleep and perish in the fire that threatens to consume us all. So instead He shakes. He will continue to shake. We will see yet more terrors, more storms, more wars.

I preached on how deep our sleep is. Think about it for a moment. An entire city was wiped off the face of the planet, tens of thousands of lives lost, and though it is the big news story, in reality, it hardly phases us and we hardly take notice. Instead our biggest concern seems to be the soaring gas prices as a result of Katrina, and how this will mess up our precious Labor Day plans. How hard of a nation we must be. How deep our sleep.

Let's wakeup.

2005/9/3 23:17Profile

Re: Open Air Preaching on New Orleans

I'd like to hear it. That's encouraging to hear.

Blessings Bro.

2005/9/3 23:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy