SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Devastation in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Devastation in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama

Please be in prayer for the people in New Orleans, Louisianna, Mississippi, and Alabama. Right now many people are losing their lives, their homes, their loved ones and everything they've ever had. It is only getting worse right now, the water is continuing to rise and there is no way for those people to get water or food or sanitary condidtions.

The power is not expected to come back on for up to a month or two. Schools will not be operable for at least 2 months (that is a 'good' estimate). I have been watching the Coast Guard rescuing people off of the tips of their roofs, trying to get to as many people before night fall. Many people who did not leave, climbed into their attics and did not make it out.

The incoming water (because of the two breaches in the levees) have yet to be attemtped to be fixed and will take up to two weeks to remove the flooding water (they say).

It is a complete devastation there. Please pray for the children and the people. I pray that God will have mercy and will bring people to Himself through this situation.

In Him, Chanin

2005/8/30 15:58Profile

Re: Devastation in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama

Hi Chanin,

Thank you for this reminder. I have not been watching closely but a friend in FL was on the outer eastern edge of this monstrous hurricane. They only lost trees (having been badly hit by Ivan) and are all fine today. I'm so sorry to hear of the death toll and the levees. How some people must wish they had valued themselves more highly than their possessions.

2005/8/30 17:10
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

Chanin,

My heart is so sad and so sick within hearing the devastion brought on by the hurricane. Where i live at in panama city, Florida (the panhandle), we get atleast 3 hurricanes every summer but this one kept moving northwest from us so we did'nt get really anything this time around. I will definately be in prayer because i know first hand the devastion of a strong hurricane. I've experienced all the way up to a category 5 hurricane because of where i live at. It's truly awfull.

moreofhim wrote:

I pray that God will have mercy and will bring people to Himself through this situation.

I stand in agreement with you on that.

2005/8/30 17:30Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: thats bad how many people in si live in that area !!!

It is bad jesus help us I will try my best to pray for u guys!!!

2005/8/30 17:53Profile
ellie

UK

I have been keeping up to date with the News.

It is a major disaster, so much lost, so many affected by this.

I have been in prayer. The devastation and disaster that is seen on the News, is enough I think, to bring many people all over the World into prayer for this situation.

I pray that these people would seek comfort, in you God, that many will find you and find comfort in the Lord Jesus. So many people affected from the highest to the lowliest.
I ask for Mercy and Grace oh God, and Jesus for healing and strength, for loss, pain, suffering, shock and the experience of comeing through a hurrican so strong. Amen

God's goodness to all.

ellie

2005/8/30 19:06Profile
arielle

usa

definately keeping them all in my prayers....

Lord, be with them...

in Christ,
arielle

2005/8/30 20:39Profile

Re: Devastation

All nite & day I've had the radio on, and I'm sick over the 'extreme' loss those poor people have experienced so far.

Over 100's dead the BBC just said, and still counting. Lord this is so hard.

A friend sent me this email from a Pastor Brown in N.Y. State and it spoke to me of the despair, that so many and even we go through.

It helped me, and Hope it could help another.

Quote:
Praise the Lord for the way Jesus is the Christ of every crisis. He is the shelter in every storm. He is anchor when life is wrecked and blown away. He gathers His own with grace and mercy. He restores that which is stolen by the enemy. He heals the broken hearted. He fills the emptiness of our hearts when we surrender all to Him. There is mystery and wonder in the ways of the Lord. Often we fail to fathom and come short of comprehending His divine purposes and His ordained promises. Because He is Lord of all and the king of angels, all is well. Our Heavenly Father, He is involved intimately in our daily lives though times seem mundane. His ways are priceless and precious.

Sometime ago I read about the life and times of William Cowper the great hymn writer and the poet of English language. He was gifted and brilliant. He translated Homer and collaborated with John Newton to write the Olney Hymns. Cowper often suffered great mental anguish. At times he even considered suicide. Though his father was a minister and he himself was a Christian. Cowper often lacked the comforting assurance of salvation. He twice refused appointments to administrative posts in the House of Lords because he was too frightened to take the required oral examination.

One night Cowper was suicidal. He hailed a cab and asked to be taken to the Thames River. London was blanketed with a thick fog and the driver lost his way. Cowper leaped impatiently from the buggy, determined to find his watery grave unassisted. As he groped through the fog he was astonished to discover that he was back at his own doorstep. Falling to his knees he thanked the Lord for the fog which had prevented his suicide. Cowper knew that the Lord had misdirected the cab driver. This event caused him to write the hymn "God Moves In A Mysterious Way." The poet lived to an advanced age and on his deathbed his last words were, "I am not shut out of heaven after all." Do you ever feel like the Lord has turned His back on you? Today in prayer pour out your heart to Him. God does move in a mysterious way!

God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform; He plants His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm. You fearful saints, fresh courage take; the clouds you so much dread are big with mercy, and will break in blessing on your head!

2005/8/30 22:04

Re: P.S.

Please pray about helping the Salvation Army.

They are one of the only 'groups' I know of, that uses the Money for the Cause, particularly, and not misuse the funds.

Many Blessings.

Annie

2005/8/30 22:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy