SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to be born again. Simple but challenging.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

How to be born again. Simple but challenging.

I know you may think that you do not need to listen to this audio message but it does cover repentance in a way that is an "eye opener".

This message is done by Rev. Ernest O'Neill.

go to
http://audio.worldinvisible.com/mp3/ps009_small.mp3

edit - I whould like your feedback on this message.

THANKS

2005/8/28 16:15
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: How to be born again. Simple but challenging.

You are right my brother Freecd - we all should hear this message. How many people in the church have never heard the plan of salvation and new birth put so plain and simply?

Thank you so much for this message. I will be making copies to pass out at the local churches in my area.

Can you direct to any more messages from this Brother in Chirst Ernest O'Neill

Thank you again,

2005/9/5 23:13Profile

Re: Ernest O'Neill

http://www.howtolivevictorious.com/

This site has many audio, videos and written sermons by Ernest O'Neill.

Also http://www.victoryoversin.com/

This site has the clean heart series both in written and audio. These messages are life changing. The powerful truths presented in these messages have transformed and turned many lives "right side up".

2005/9/6 6:03
HopeinChrist

Re: How to be born again. Simple but challenging.

I'm downloading the repentance message and went to the website and skimmed over some of the other titles. This one caught my eye. "Jesus King, public or private" Hmmmm, interesting topic.
Hope

2005/9/6 6:34Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Hi freecd,

I think that I am pretty much agreement with his sermon, but there is something I believe we ought to discuss that he says about 3/4 the way through the message. He refers to agreeing with the Holy Spirit in order to be born again. That I agree with. But, then he states that one must continue to agree with the Holy Spirit in order to continue to be born again.

This seems to imply that one [u]looses[/u] the new birth at the moment and every moment they resist the Holy Spirit. This is a Finny type model that leads to justification by sanctification. Personally I am of the notion that the new birth is permanent unless one apostates. I don't have all the answers by any means. But I believe that the new birth as I understand it changes the individual so radically that turning away is not on the table. I don't believe it is [u]impossible[/u] to backslide or become a prodigal son. His still His seed [i]remaineth[/i] in him and he/she will eventually "come to themself."

If I may say it like this, is there not prodigal sons of God and prodigal children of the devil? The sons always return to the Fathers house and (as J. Vernon Mcgee says) the pigs always return to the pig pen. The change in nature is not something (as I see it) that comes and goes- it abides in us. When we sin we agree with God - because agreeing with God is part of what it is to walk in the light and he cleanses us by the blood of all sin. God will rebuke and chasten- but our 'sonship' is not on the line with every move. If they 'went out' from the Father and the fellowship as not to return- I believe it safe to say- "that it was manifest that they were not of us"- that is, they were [u]never[/u] born again.

Any thoughts?

2005/9/6 9:25Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br Robert wrote:

Quote:
This seems to imply that one looses the new birth at the moment and every moment they resist the Holy Spirit. This is a Finny type model that leads to justification by sanctification. Personally I am of the notion that the new birth is permanent unless one apostates.

I don't know what Finney taught but one thing I rest on and that is Scripture.

2Th. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,

Those who continue to obey the Spirit will be saved through sanctification. Paul warns us in Romans 8:

Rom. 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Today is the day of Salvation.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/9/7 13:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy