SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : LISTEN TO THIS!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

LISTEN TO THIS!!!!

[url=http://www.fireonthealtar.com/]http://www.fireonthealtar.com/[/url]

listen to 'A New Generation of Children in America'

... out of the mouths of babes

2005/8/24 16:48Profile
moreofHim

Re: LISTEN TO THIS!!!!

I have listened to this comp. before. There is something about it that gives me the creeps. :-o

In Him, Chanin

2005/8/24 18:53Profile

Tricky one. I'm not keen to hear recordings of this kind of thing and it seems cheap to put it on the internet. If one is there, it is a different thing completely. This is a type of voyeurism though and plays into the wrong hands.

2005/8/24 20:50

check the new comp the Lord gave me:

"Dwell"

I've got a new Thing I do with comps now, I only use the spoken Word of God, audio Bible, no preachers....just spoken Bible, and you know what the funny thing is?....the comps of mine I likes the best, are the ones with only spoken Bible...lol!

2005/8/24 21:50
moreofHim

Re: neil

Quote:
check the new comp the Lord gave me:
"Dwell"

Will do! :)

Be blessed, Chanin

2005/8/24 22:05Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Quote:
This is a type of voyeurism though and plays into the wrong hands.

What do you mean by this?

Curious...

In Christ,
Doug

2005/8/24 22:22Profile
Compton

Re:gratuitous

There is such a thing as too much exposure...too much divulgence. This recording of children is simply too naked.

Though I want my children to know the mercy and love of Christ, I would not want them kept in this extreme emotional state and certainly would be angry if someone posted this tender recording of them on the internet.

A life lived for God is not represented by these hysterics. Christians do more then weep continuously in anguish over all that's wrong with themselves and the world.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with an unmarried brother recently. This brother had a weakness for introspection and perfectionism. One day, during a conversation about marriage, he confessed to me. "Once a woman gets to know me, I don't see how she is going to want to live with this imperfect man." I told him, "You need to get over that kind of thinking. A good woman will know she's imperfect too...as such she won't be attracted to your constant self-loathing. She is going to be attracted to your love, hope, and faith..."

Likewise...this recording will not attract people. Hearing this documentation of little children whose religion seems to have taken all innocence and joy from them seems like an indictment of Christianity...not an endorsement. Now I find it remarkable that children so young are realizing they need Jesus desperately. However, if this really is repentance, and not something else... these little ones should not be encouraged to remain in this wailing condition as if there is some merit to it... What people need from us is the courage and hope and love found in our Saviour...not these piteous tears from our children.

Using these recordings of children for the sake of creating an artistic complilation, is a form of exploitation and maybe even abuse. Let consenting adults undress themselves publicly if they want…but not minors.

MC

2005/8/24 22:34Profile
moreofHim

Re: children

The first thing that comes to my mind while listening to it (which i can't for long) is demon possesion. I cannot for the life of me grasp the concept of the Lord using an innocent child to have these kinds of feelings that only an adult is capable of dealing with. I can hear the children crying and crying out in the background and it seems to me that it is a crime. There are enough adults in this world that the Lord may use and touch and get through to.

I would be horrified if any of my children displayed anything like this. At these young ages, they don't need to know this kind of anguish. They are still learning how to love and honor their parents and neigbor friends.

I can't imagine the long term effects of this on these children.

Saddened, Chanin

2005/8/24 22:47Profile
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

Re: Children

The recording brings me to tears.
It reminds me of Duncan Campbell's testimony of the revival in Lewis; he says he came across two children who spent the night out in the cold praying that God would bring Duncan to lead their dad to the Lord. He says he found them lying down, faint.

In my country, I've never seen such intensity among children. Except in two orphan's homes run by Christians–there may be more like that.

I'm not a father, though I've raised a relative for some years and have been involved in children's ministry.
From what I've seen, for many kids Sunday School is a place to go and only have fun and not to get their lives changed.
And if their parents aren't sensitive, they go back home and watch ungodly TV and go to schools that teach them foundations of life that aren't based on the Bible.

How blessed it would be for them to be among child prayer warriors. How blessed it would be for Sunday School to be a powerful prayer meeting, where they learn to pray for the lost in their schools.

Obviously that's a recording of one prayer meeting. It doesn't reflect the what they learn and what other things God is doing in their lives.

My humble opinion.

2005/8/25 1:08Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

I was first lead to this audio recording by Dr. Michael Brown. I attended a meeting of his in Michigan in May and in closing he suggested that that the entire congregation go and listen to this recording of children crying out for God.

My first impression of this recording was much the same as many on this post have expressed. But as I listened more, I was touched by the heart of God expressed in the out cries of these children.

The next time I heard of this recording was when I went to see Bob Gladstone (Fire School Of Ministry) in June. At the conclusion of his final sermon of a three day conference he played this recording for the congregation. It completely wrecked most in attendance who were obviously ashamed and strongly convicted at their lack of brokenness and heart for God that these mere children expressed.

After reading this post I feel that first reaction was probably the correct one and that the avocations of these recording by the above mentioned men may have clouded my view.

I still like Dr. Brown and have great respect for Bob Gladstone. Both of these men have helped me grow in the Lord. I also realize that no one is right all the time and we must use discernment and realize every man will be wrong at sometimes. I am not trying to bad mouth either of these men. I know both of these men, as while as myself and every other man on earth, are wrong in some of what they say and teach, but I still believe these men have a heart for God, Truth, Holiness and Righteousness. I am just relating my experience with these recordings, how my views of them were influenced and other men (Dr. Brown and Bob Gladstone) who advocate and use them.

I have deleted any references to these recordings from my website. I feel that at this point my original observations were correct. I fully admit that I was wrong and acknowledge my mistake. Thank you everyone for your posts and your thoughts and observations.

2005/8/25 1:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy