Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : revivals, Art Katz

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
HopeinChrist

Re:

Quote:
Can you share as to where I might hear Gladstone ?

I can't tell you the exact message that was referred to but Gladstone has several sermons available at fireonthealtar.

Quote:
I too am guilty of stereotyping ..

Me three and obviously in hindsight is what I was doing when I originally even posted this thread. I had stereotyped them both even though I have the utmost respect for both of them and have learned much from both. I made assumptions without facts. Interesting that this past week while listening to old messages by both of these men, what do I hear? Brown refrences Katz and Katz in "What is Apostolic" refers twice to an article or paper written by Bob Gladstone. It really blessed me to know these men are not opposed to one another and I apologize for even starting this thread.

Hope

2005/8/28 22:20Profile

Re:

Dear Hope,

I'm not sorry you started this thread, and I still think it was wisdom working on your part to do so.

I stand by my first post on here, and as far as this "love" stuff I've read on page one, from other posters, [b]LOVE TRUTH FIRST.[/b]

I Stand on - Don't Follow Men.

Glean what you can, but know they are not infallible nor innerant & they haven't "Stood the Test of Time" yet.

I'm not sorry you started this thread and you shouldn't feel that way neither.

Jesus always said, basically through-out His Word, to weigh in on the side of Caution first.

I guess that's why I like (as they call them) the "Dead Guys", because they stood the test of time and proved themselves out and what direction they'd go in, in the end or by their end.

I still say, extreme caution is needed toward those who are still alive and teaching.
Even the best of them.

Now when the Two Witnesses come :-) , then they, I'll relax my caution with.

No offense to anyone here ... just know what's in men and these last days are bringing it out all the more.

Love to all.

Annie

2005/8/29 8:20
couch

College Station, TX

Re:

To the brothers that have followed my last post,

Your meekness and humility to write truthfully about your situation speaks volumes of the character of Christ. For that, I am very, very thankful, for that is something we all could use more of, not only on this site, but in the church at large.

So I'm thankful that you started this thread, because it brought out some good thoughts and has caused us all to look within and ask the Lord "try our hearts and see if there be any waywardness in them".

The Lord is so good to us! His grace is new this morning and I am a thankful and needy child!

As for Brother Gladstone, His messages are filled with LIFE. Sure, he is a bit more "charismatic" than perhaps we are used to, but his message centers on Christ being formed in His church, taking deep root in the hearts and lives of men, that we might be a witness of Him unto the nations.

Every time I listen to a message of his, I am deeply stirred and challenge to pursue Christ. Jesus said Wisdom is known by her children.

You can find them at this link:
http://www.fireonthealtar.com/sermons/index.html

I believe the one in which Bob talks a bit about Brownsville is called "A Cross to Power", but I would thoroughly recommend "Filled with the Spirit" and "Kingdom of Heaven". Also, he has a series on community that has some excellent insights from the Word.

I agree, no man is infallible, but the Holy Spirit uses those who are available, humble, and who "tremble at His word."

"Let all those who love His salvation (or His Yeshua) say "The Lord be magnified!""

2005/8/29 11:40Profile
baruch_48

thanks

thanks for the '411' on Gladstone, couch ... time to break down more of my stereotypes :)

baruch

2005/9/2 6:30Profile
baruch_48

Re: thanks

Gladstone's "Cross to Power" message is really strong --- here's a quote of him paraphrasing the Lord to the disciples in John 14:

Quote:
" the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me ... there's nothing in Me
that he owns -- if he did own something in Me - I would not go to the cross - because
that thing he owns in Me - would keep Me from that cross .. .He was able to say ..
at the end of His day - it is over .. and I've given not one aspect of My heart to this Age -
I am totally and completely dead - and when the Ruler of this world comes looking
for something in Me - he will find nothing .. and therefore I will be able to complete
My course .... he is the Ruler of this world - but he is not the Ruler of Me ........"

his dream, at the end of side 1 of the message ( 2 part message ) is so worth listening to, for anyone here with interest [ not a wacky dream ... really of Christ -- with a sharp point to it ]

2005/9/2 9:28Profile
baruch_48

another quote

another strong quote out of the first half of that message :

"radical [b]divorce[/b] from this Age .. so that you can live [u]in the Glory of the Next[/u] .... the world has been
crucified to me .. and I to the world .. "

2005/9/2 9:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy