SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : prophecy as the WORD

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ColinM

prophecy as the WORD

2 Pet 1:21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

1 Peter 1:10As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven--things into which angels long to look.

Acts 3:18"But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled"

2 Sam 23:2"The Spirit of the LORD spoke by me,
And His word was on my tongue."

How could a prophet prophecy his God's message by inspiration, using his own thoughts and words, if he did not always know what he was writing about?

Scripture is clear: THE WORD is Jesus, and the word is the Scriptures:our Bible. To assume that this one english word can only mean Jesus, HS, and not the Scriptures is bad interpretation.

John 15:7
"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you

John 8:31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Jesus said if His word abides in us, then we will know the truth, and the truth will set us free. What is His word? The Spirit abiding in us, and HIS COMMANDMENTS abiding in us (JOhn 14:15; 1 John 2:4)

2005/8/23 14:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy