SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pat Robertson's comments

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
gpet17

Re:

Right on!...........Pat is full of ......Himself.

2005/8/24 13:21Profile

Re: Pat was "misinterpreted"

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Conservative U.S. evangelist Pat Robertson, who called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, said on Wednesday he was misinterpreted and there were a number of ways to "take him out" including kidnapping.

"I said our special forces could take him out. Take him out could be a number of things including kidnapping," Robertson said on his "The 700 Club" television program.

"There are a number of ways of taking out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted," Robertson added.

Pat is just digging the hole deeper and deeper. Lying on top of advocating murder. How can people be followers of such a man?

Bubbaguy

2005/8/24 14:48
TheophilusMD

New Jersey

Re:

Quote:
How can people be followers of such a man?

It's a good thing we're not following a man.

2005/8/24 14:55Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

So, everybody thinks Pats statement was wrong. Much of the world's oil is very close to being in control of radicals who hate the West. What does everyone think is the answer to the fact that the West is getting very close to bending their knees to the radical terrorists of the world?

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/8/24 15:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
So, everybody thinks Pats statement was wrong. Much of the world's oil is very close to being in control of radicals who hate the West. What does everyone think is the answer to the fact that the West is getting very close to bending their knees to the radical terrorists of the world?

Freedom of speech is one thing... yelling fire in a crowded theater is against the law. Pat Robertson shooting his mouth off does not help our relationship with other countries at all.

If someone says these things about Pesident Bush they could go to jail. A represenative of the Body of Christ should not be going on the air promoting these types of things.

I know the answer is not putting our government in an awkward position, and creating an "international incident".

Krispy

2005/8/24 15:31
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

So, we should kill another head of state just because they might not play very fairly when it comes to oil?

2005/8/24 15:40Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I can't believe Robertson is trying to politic (lie) his way out of this. Here is a quote of what Robertson says...

Robertson told viewers of his longtime show, "The 700 Club," on Monday that Chavez was turning his oil-rich South American country into "a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism all over the continent." (Full story)

"If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it," said Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition

(CNN)
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/23/robertson.chavez/index.html

2005/8/24 15:43Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

On a personal note, I used to highly consider going to Regent University to work on a Ph.D in Renewal (Charismatic/Pentecostal) Studies after I complete my Masters. Now I think I'm highly considering otherwise. (Btw, Regent is the university Robertson heads up.) I think I'd rather go to liberal Harvard University.

2005/8/24 15:46Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

My question is, What does everyone think the governments of the West should do about this problem? Do you really think that we should just pretend it isn't so?

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/8/24 16:04Profile

Re:

Gary,

The solution is conservation and alternative energy; not wars for oil. The American auto fleet went from about 5% SUVs in 1990 to over 50% SUVs in 2004 and gas mileage fell significantly. Americans, and automobile drivers everywhere, are essentially subidizing the same people who are funding the terrorists (the Saudis and the Iranians). The irony is all those yellow ribbons on cars saying "support the troops." The dependency on inefficient cars in the first place is funding the terrorists.

Switch all those SUVs for hybrids and we can lessen our oil dependency significantly, lessen pollution and global warming AND deny the terrorist funding. (not to mention save money at the pump.)

Bub

2005/8/24 16:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy