Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

On exaggerations

From the mail flow of the Network

Overstatements and exaggerations...
Evangelical circles will have a hard time to beat this one:

“Charles and Francis Hunter need our prayers. Charles and Francis have been leaders in the forefront of the charismatic movement since it began in the late sixties.
Through their world census evangelism program they have documented reports of over ONE-HALF BILLION SOULS WON TO CHRIST.
I don't know where that is on the over all list of who is responsible for the most souls ever brought into the kingdom, but if it's not at the top, it's close.”
Signed by close friends to the Hunters

2003/11/5 2:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: On exaggerations

Quote:
documented reports of over ONE-HALF BILLION SOULS WON TO CHRIST.

Praise God! I am sure some people came to a full understanding of becoming a new creation in God! But I do have a problem with this...

The producer of the 'Jesus Film' (which I believe is the world's most watching film) called all the large Christian ministries in U.S. and told them he wanted to do a project with them. Of course all these ministries were extremely excited, but he asked them first to give him some numbers. i.e. how many converts and decisions in each of their ministries. All the large ministries complyed and he simply added up all the #'s of converts and decisions reported and guess what it totalled to?? Over double or triple the population of America. IS ALL OF AMERICA CONVERTED? NO! is even 5% of Americians truly born again? It takes nothing but human ability to get people up to an altar.

'It is true that we have seen man's best endeavor in the field of evangelism leaving communities untouched. We have seen crowded churches. We have seen many professions. We have seen hundreds, yes, and thousands responding to what you speak of here as the altar call. But I want to say this, dear people, and I say it without fear of contradiction, that you can have all that without God! Now, that maby startle you, but I say again, you can have all that on mere human levels!

Howard Spring was right when he wrote. [b]"The kingdom of God is not going to advance by our churches becoming filled with men, but by men in our churches becoming filled with God."[/b] And there's a difference! Oh, no! Crowded churches, deep intrest in church activity is possible on mere human levels leaving the community untouched!

The difference in successful evangelism, (and I use the word 'successful') and revival is this: In evangelism, the two, the three, the ten, the twenty, and possibly the hundred make confessions of Jesus Christ, and at the end of the year you are thankful if half of them are standing. But the community remains untouched. The public houses are crowded, the dances, dancing ballrooms, packed. The theater and the picture houses are patronized by the hundreds. No change in the community!'
-Duncan Campbell
[i]from The nature of a God-sent revival[/i]

2003/11/16 16:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy