SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is it a question about the worship we give God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Valadar

South Africa

Is it a question about the worship we give God?

Hi everyone, I had a question for you guys that I would appriciate your opionion on. Do we truly have an idea of what worship is today in regards to the music we sing with and offer to God?

Just yesterday I was having a chat with a brother of mine and he feels that the worship music we often give to the Lord is often Babylonian, that is it unaccetable to the Lord.

That we these days lack a true understanding of the fear of God.

Though I am still unsure about the question of what type of music is truly acceptable to our Lord.

I must say my brother in Christ has a point, so much of our music is always about how much (Jesus loves you) and their is rarely any worship music that calls us fourth to be in absolute awe of our God.

Have we lost the fear of the Lord in our generation. If so may the Lord install in us a deep measure of Holy fear and reverence for His Holy name

Blessings in Christ
Craig :-D

2005/8/22 3:38Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re: Is it a question about the worship we give God?

Quote:
Do we truly have an idea of what worship is today in regards to the music we sing with and offer to God?

Hi Craig, I don't think worship is connected with music in the bible, however praise is and I think there are 2 kinds of praise:

1. Direct praising, i.e. You are beautiful beyond description... etc.

2. In-direct praising. i.e. He is the Lord and He reigns on high... etc.

One is singing to God, the other is singing about God.

I think they are both important but I would favour the former over the latter.

2005/8/22 4:09Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Is it a question about the worship we give God?

This tends to be a hot topic so I'll just give my quick opinion. Compare the verses of songs like Wesley, Cowper, and Crosby to the modern stuff, and most of the newer stuff is just honestly shallow. I manage a youth praise band at church, so I hear all the newer stuff. Some are okay here and there, but overall the old hymns just capture the whole councel of God, while the newer stuff is mostly love and peace only, not a lot of righteousness, judgement, repentance, Lordship of God, etc.

2005/8/22 8:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy