SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ever see stuff in the morning?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

No problem brother. I do that too. Sometimes I have to read stuff twice.

But I did copy that news story when it was posted, because I've been trying to tell my husband about his need to get more sleep.

Thanks for posting it and thanks for your kindness.

Annie

2005/8/22 5:50
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Ever see stuff in the morning?

With me it is the verse I open Scripture to. Many times I will open a Bible and read one verse that either answers a question so specifically that it brings tears, and other times a loving rebuke that cuts right to the heart. I could make a list of what has happened the last seven months or so, many times just culminating in the opening of the Bible and the reading of a single verse.

2005/8/22 8:07Profile

Re: Ever see stuff in the morning?

Wow! This has turned into some discussion, when all aeryck asked was if the Lord enables anyone else, to 'see' in the morning...!

Feel I need to own up to using the word 'waking' in my first post. Maybe that threw y'all - cos it was me who assumed when aeryck was laying in his bed, that he'd been asleep, too.

Doesn't this just show how easily we make assumptions based on past experience - like bed=sleep? :-P

Annie,

I'm sure your anxious post serves a purpose here, for those who may not be sure when God is speaking to them, who do need to develop their discerning faculties. I once was such an one.

However, I do think it's unlikely the enemy would be feeding relevant scripture verses to the saints. Don't you? (There is another poster on SI who also gets chapter and verse ringing through their head.) This has NEVER happened to me! :-( (Maybe God knows I needed to read a lot more before there was any possibility of it!)

Yes, it takes time to learn to recognise the character of God's voice through the Spirit illuminating scripture and also when He speaks [i]not through scripture [/i]directly, but, this discernment is needed by [i]all[/i] saints as a basic faculty for preserving them from avoidable harm. The less sound doctrine one has heard in churches, the more God uses His word to correct what one believes.

On being vulnerable to receive from the wrong spirits, I agree there is danger, and personally, fought a very long battle against what can go on during those twilight hours - and what one can be woken up for, from sleep, because of dreams, evil spirits or memories... BUT THROUGH IT ALL, I have found God more than faithful.

He has spoken to me in dreams, and used them to strengthen my faith. Many times when I've just woken up and am ready to be written on like a fresh sheet of paper (because, as Compton said, our minds are not cluttered with the care of the (previous) day - at least, that's one aspect of what I think he was meaning) God has connected my understanding to truth, both in a revelatory way, and in bringing scripture together with 3D events (in which I've played a part) to elucidate [i]His[/i] mind.

Of course, the enemy isn't keen on this procedure going smoothly all the time, but, God's word has an enduring quality and He is not a pushover. I know I've made BIG mistakes in what I've been gullible enough to believe in the past, but that comes/came from other influences such as other people's ideas, or, my own desire to sin. I believe now, (and my testimony in the second post happened nearly 10 years ago), that I'm more attuned to the voice of the Shepherd. Certainly, I am not advocating that a believer should give obedience to the voice of another. But, neither is it possible not to 'hear' that there are other voices and as you remind us (as Paul) none of them are without significance.

The believer always has the power of choice, and I believe we are 'kept by the power of God' as we choose to bring ourselves under His lordship.

2005/8/22 9:54
Nellie

Re:

Amen Annie.
I love the Scriptures.
I agree with you about the false prophets and teachers, angels of light.
I know these aren't your exact words, but
I have found out that they are everywhere.

One thing that has helped me is to keep a Journal of what God shows to me, and then when I'm being attacked by the enemy, I can re-read what He has given to me, and know what a great God we have.

I'm of the age that He gives me dreams.
How I praise Him for it.

Just check for the fruits of the Spirit.
God Himself will show His Children.

We are to turn our eyes upon Jesus, so much the more now, than ever before.

God Bless all of you.
Nellie

2005/8/22 10:16Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
In the last days there 'will' be deceiving spirits out there and we do need to test these 'experiences' we will be seeing and Joel chpt. 2 IS a last days verse, if you look at the whole thing ...

I am not unfamiliar with Daniel and we have been in Joel's 'last days' since the day of Pentecost. To create an eschatological timetable from Daniel and then to build in an expectation of a different kind of Christianity for the 'very' last days has been discussed in these threads from time to time. It is an abberation of orthodox hermeneutics and is to be resisted. If there are specific references in Daniel to such things which I have missed I would ask you to point them out for us all.

2005/8/22 11:37Profile

Re:

Dorcas my friend, I think you should maybe re-read my post ... because it will show that I feel that our relationship with the Trinity in this age makes ANY possibilities on how HE may chose to express Himself to us or use us or speak or give direction.

And please learn that that post was not an "anxious" post, as you called it. I mean that in friendship in peace, but it is just truth.

There will always be 2 sources of spiritual phenomena, and one must learn the difference, and all the more as we are entering the Last Days.

I did not include you in my defense of Aeryck, because I could not say to 'whoever' that you did not "just wake up", as what seemed to be the rebuttal here about your and Aeryck's post.

Love you sister.
Annie

2005/8/22 13:31

Re:

Quote:
Re:
by Nellie on 2005/8/22 10:16:17

Amen Annie.
I love the Scriptures.
I agree with you about the false prophets and teachers, angels of light.
I know these aren't your exact words, but
I have found out that they are everywhere.

One thing that has helped me is to keep a Journal of what God shows to me, and then when I'm being attacked by the enemy, I can re-read what He has given to me, and know what a great God we have.

I'm of the age that He gives me dreams.
How I praise Him for it.

Just check for the fruits of the Spirit.
God Himself will show His Children.

We are to turn our eyes upon Jesus, so much the more now, than ever before.

God Bless all of you.
Nellie

That's a beautiful post Nellie and very Sound.

God Bless you and your prayers for yourself and the others you fellowship with :-).

Praise God !!!

Annie

2005/8/22 13:35

Re:

PHILO -

Jesus declared ....

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Here in the Temple, Jesus read from Isa 61:1 & 2, [b]BUT[/b], He had to stop short there, because verses 3 on 'WERE YET to be fullfilled'.

If you understand how partial quoting in the N.T. of the OLD, had a "very significant" reason .... because those days had not come as yet and are still future tense, then you'd understand why Peter only quoted two verses from Joel 2.

That is False Doctrine to say we have been in Joel chapter 2 since then. How on earth have we been in Joel chapter 2 since Pentecost, with the exception of the only 2 verses Peter quoted, Just as Jesus only quoted His Two, for the Same reasons ???

I think you better go back and read that chapter again.

If you're familiar with Daniel & Revelation as you say, then let's get a Good thread started on Daniel and Revelation, cuz that's my very best favorite subject. :-D

Dan 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever.

2005/8/22 13:40

Re: See stuff in the morning?

Quote:
There will always be 2 sources of spiritual phenomena, and one must learn the difference

Annie,

Isn't that just exactly what I said? :-P

Is this a classic case of crossed wires? :-(

I thought I was backing up what I understood to be the [i]content in principle[/i] of your post...

Yes, you sounded 'anxious', to me. If you're not 'anxious' that's great.... my mis-hearing.

And I didn't notice your defence of aeryck, [i]at all[/i] sorry! Now that I know that's what you had in mind, I'll come back and re-read the whole thread and see if I understand it better, later.

Personally, I thought Compton's contribution about sleep, to be very relevant, in light of my having just woken in the account I gave of my experience.

I haven't explained clearly enough.... I had prayed the Lord would bring a clue to me in the morning, as I was finding He often gave me new understanding as I woke up. [b]The word 'worship' which I 'heard' in my spirit, was the LORD speaking to me[/b].

This was my missing link [u]conceptually[/u]. Now all I needed was the place in scripture that proved it.

I hope this makes more sense to all reading.

2005/8/22 13:56

Re:

I liked Compton's article too, like I told him.

And all three of me, understands you completely :-? :-P :-D :-) ;-)

Love you !!!

me again

2005/8/22 15:06

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy