SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ever see stuff in the morning?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

Ever see stuff in the morning?

Dear brother and sisters in Jesus,

Not that I think I am crazy, but I saw a video segment the other day about these people that have the gift, they can do super maths and they see numbers and letters etc. They are supposed to be a new race of beings, sort of like the x-men. I cannot think of the name.

Well, the other morning, I was really struggling witnessing to a group of Roman Catholic fanatics who were really rattling me about salvation being a mixture of faith and good works, and as I lay in bed I just asked the Lord if he could help me.

First a page flashed through my mind full of words, then again, then a single line on a page, and finally 'Romans 10:9,10' I looked it up and could not stop myself from shouting... God knows the answers to the question, seeing it is His word.

I remember having a similair thing happen, but it was definitely audible. I was a brand new baby born again, spirit filled believer, and new about as much about the bible as a baby might know about rocket science. Someone asked about a particular verse, at that instant I heard Romans 5:5 ... it was the one. I was so blessed...so were they.

I am sure stuff like that happens everyday. Just wanted to know if you have a couple that you would like to share, I got the time to read.

In Jesus,

Aeryck
:-P

2005/8/21 13:45Profile

Re: Ever see stuff in the morning?

Yeah, bro. Same thing has happened to me many times, but, one is very striking.

I'd been trying to understand something about a personal situation. I'd already done loads of Bible study and had an answer in lumps, but, not that final [i]link[/i] which connected my pieces together into a cohesive argument.

In those days, the Lord was waking me nearly every day with something new going on in my spirit. (I needed all the help I could get :-P ) but this one was special. Within the context of having no idea what was missing, as I woke up, I heard the word 'worship'. I also had a picture of my Bible open at the right place, but, couldn't tell where that was!

As I lay there, thinking 'Jesus said something about worship... hmmm .... who was He speaking to...? um ...' It came to me JOHN 4! Yes!

And that was wonderful! I understood soo much more about the difficulty I was dissecting, never to go back to such cloudiness again. Amen.

2005/8/21 14:47
Compton

Re: Sleep Thinking

I think this is a valid phenom, although I don't think it may always be a particular ministry of the Holy Spirt. Many times I think this experience reveals something of the way our minds work. (However, I do believe the Lord can speak through this cognitive sorting to assist you in your ministry...)

I think our conscious mind can be so willful that we can actually overlook what's "already" there. Letting our creative and intellectual processes settle down, putting to rest our goal oriented agendas... allows us to finally observe and listen. Whether this brings information to light that is beyond ourselves, or merely stored within ourselves such as in undiscovered assembly of facts or even a simple memory is something I don't know. Maybe there are times when the Lord can impart something completely foreign to us when we are asleep...not looking for it. (Certainly dreams have biblical precedent...)

Creative people in many fields have expressed having similar experiences. Sleep is often the best technique for arriving at sublime and yet profound conclusions in problem solving.

[url=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/21/tech/main594879.shtml]Article on "sleep thinking".[/url]

2005/8/21 16:44Profile
roadsign

Re:

I've had many such revelations of the Spirit. God knows exactly what I need to hear - that will draw me towards himself and understand his ways. He often gave me specific verses for specific situations, which I have dated in my Bible. The verses sometimes accompany other forms of revelation. I could never have come up with those references in my own natural thinking. They were put into my spirit - clearly. That is what God promised in Jer. 31:33 "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. ...."

This never happened for many years after the time I "asked Jesus into my heart". That was because I was not yet truely born from ABOVE. I was merely following after the word of man. Then, when I was truely born again, ie the SPIRIT, I became a new person with the Spirit of Christ working within me. I no longer relied on my own wisdom, the understanding of man, or second-hand teaching. (which I had done previously)I learned to put my faith in God, and lean on him. That was a long process of dying to self - still on going.

We always hear of those who try to copy the authentic - who are not authenticly born from above. That makes people think that true divine revelations do not occur any more. Also, when something is not of our own experience, we have a hard time trusting that it can be possible.

Aeryck, It sounds like God is really speaking to you and guiding you along. Do take his revelations seriously! Do become accustomed to waiting on the Lord in the stillness - and he will direct you.

I like the "sleep" article, and I think that we should take that seriously too. Just like eating properly, we have a responsibility to take care of God's temple so his Spirit can work through us.
Diane

2005/8/21 18:04Profile

Re:

When I first read this thread, I trembled and got off of it as fast as I could.

Please don't take me wrong, I more than believe and know, what 'possibilities' are out there.

From the day I was first saved on, I can't speak of what 'experiences' I go through almost daily now for almost 30 yr.s and with good reason I believe.

But the Lord did say in Joel, etc.
Joe 2:28-29 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

These experiences have not been uncommon, since the first Church, but from my own personal experiences, may I just add to this thread by saying a few things.

Never be afraid to "test the spirits".
Some people are afraid to doubt a phenomena, enough to put it to the Test.
But God commands we do, and will accommodate you in any test you do.

If it's from HIM, He is very patient to "confirm it from His Word", in one way or another and I believe to test 'things', at least up to 2 to 3 times before I can say, "it came from God".

I don't necessarily believe in 'sharing' these type stories/events, unless they are for The Whole Body... otherwise, we are putting the workings of the Holy Spirit on the same table as any other possible "Lounge" topic.

Please don't get me wrong, especially you Aeryck, because for one, I don't doubt your experience at all, but I just felt that now is the time, for us to truly look at what "will" become the norm, for the Last days Saints.

Be very humble in these things, and ponder them in your heart, and again, always "test all things" ... The Lord will honor that.

The first thing I was taught, by a very wise prophetish type person, was that "God never gets angry if we test 'experiences',,, instead, He prefers we do so."

Secondly, God will never put a 'compulsion' on one to do any act 'suddenly', as if, If you don't do something right this second, then something terrible will happen.

There are a few instances where this may be the case, Like if you have a CO2 build up in your house and suddenly feel compelled to get out of the house ... but on the more minor issues, He will give you time to "test the spirits", because it's His Word to do so.

In the Last Days, not only will the Saints be experiencing more of this, but there is/and will be, more "spirits of deception" around, then ever .... so NOW is the time, to learn Discernment and how God works and how deceptive spirits can work.

I highly recommend two books, (and others are welcome to disagree) but from my own experience into "phenomena", that as I said, started as soon as I got saved,, and with me being so naive about such things, I needed books like these and also, the Lord God was gracious to send me a husband, who's feet were firmly planted on the floor academically, so keep me "Biblical", through my early years of these things.

We especially need to read about the "dangers of the passive mind" ... and two books that helped me, many years ago on that was, War on the Saints and Latent Power of the Soul.

I'm sure there were other such books that I had to read, but for now, these two stand out in my memory the most.

There are counterfeit spirits out there ... and you know that only an expert can catch a counterfeit 100 dollar bill ... and no one would counterfeit a $3.oo bill - for obvious reasons.

I'm not writing this just for you Aeryck, because I know most all of us either have or will, go through 'phenomena' or experiences, outside the norm, in our walk.

To write much more on this, would be to only re-write what other's have already written in books, like those mentioned and which do a much better job of it.

Signs and wonders, will be common place in the last days, but will originate from two opposing sides ... so if these things are inevitable, we have a space of time Now, to fine tune our "receivers" to not pick up a wrong station.

One writer said, "the deeper you go into Christ ~ the higher league of intelligence in the demonic realm will target you."
That is beyond just true.
Believe it.

Some have come to 'grasp', that the closeness to Christ that we can strive and arrive at, is unlimited... even to the fulfilling of the verse "as He was in the world, so be ye" and you can only read the Gospels & Acts, to understand what that means.

But add to your knowledge - 'WISDOM'.

We can "be as He was, when He was here" or as Paul was in Acts, but with it, the assaults and attacks from an intelligence from below, will seek to deceive, puff-up, and lead astray.

No light subject, and as with the quoting of God's Word, we must always be maintaining the due reverence in communicating either, and should be handle all these things 'of God' with great care.

I pray, all would seek ALL of Christ that they can have, for the sake of other's welfare first and because of their utter LOVE for Him and His Truth only.

God Bless & protect His elect, all through this world, should be our prayer also.

God Bless you.

2005/8/22 0:21
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Never be afraid to "test the spirits". Some people are afraid to doubt a phenomena, enough to put it to the Test.

Certainly testing such things are good sense. As I understood the first two posts I didn't think they were describing something spiritual, although they described it with spiritual terminology. Personally I think it's the brain thinking clearly after a good nights sleep.

At the risk of dissapointing the first two posters...I think this type of thing is very unsupernatural for the most part. Therefore I would agree that we shouldn't be quick to "prophesy" about what we woke up with per se...afterall the next brilliant deduction that we wake up thinking about might be the one we almost missed on our tax return.(Praises!)

When I say it isn't supernatural, I don't mean that the Lord isn't working through the daily renewal of our complex organic minds. I'm simply saying that "sleep thinking" isn't channeling or recieving external intelligence...although it may surprise us what our brains are sorting out while we sleep.

I think concepts about how demonic forces can attack "the passive mind" during sleep are noteworthy discussions but much of what I have read on these topics seem speculative and worrisome. Besides...if we haven't been tending the store during our waking hours there is little we can do while we are in REM. I think Peter's hope promise to us "Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." applies to us even in our sleep.

I prefer to approach "mysteries" with an economy of miracles mindset rather then look for something supernatural. I feel too many people today, believers and unbelievers alike, are seeking supernatural or even paranormal explanations for their individual experiences...perhaps we are becoming too superstitious.(my own opinion) The organic brain is miraculous and mysterious enough on a biochemical level without adding any new age concern.

Now I don't suppose the brain is only mechanical...but even if the brain was just a highly advanced machine I still think as Christians there are good and bad ways to program it. I can't help but think if Aeryck and Dorcas are waking up thinking about scripture then they must be spending their waking hours inputting scripture into their minds!

MC

2005/8/22 3:11Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Please don't get me wrong, especially you Aeryck, because for one, I don't doubt your experience at all, but I just felt that now is the time, for us to truly look at what "will" become the norm, for the Last days Saints.

GrannieAnnie
I really think we are moving into dangerous territory here. I can see no biblical reason for thinking that the 'last day saints' will be better/differently equipped than has been the case for the church through the centuries. I am sure than you would not want to support them but this idea undergirds the whole 'Last Generation/Latter Rains/Omega Man theology. If you have biblical reasons for saying that the 'last day saints' will live differently I would be grateful to hear it.

2005/8/22 4:12Profile

Re:

1st Compton, Aeryck said nothing about being asleep.

2nd Philo, read Daniel chpt.s 7 through 12.

I am not a "latter rain" person, but a Bible believer that Knows what it will take for the Saints to Overcome.

You see what you want, and I'll read it as I see it. And it would be better if you read it all yourself.

In the last days there 'will' be deceiving spirits out there and we do need to test these 'experiences' we will be seeing and Joel chpt. 2 IS a last days verse, if you look at the whole thing .... and I wouldn't let a cult of Latter Rain or any other cult that twists Truths to rob me of the Truth found plainly in His Word.

2005/8/22 4:19

Re: Is this Latter Rain Stuff or God's Word ?

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Mar 16:17-18 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

1Jo 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, [u]even as he[/u] walked.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. (WHAT IS HIS IMAGE ?)

Eph 2:6 [u]And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus[/u]

1Co 3:21-23 [u]Therefore let no man glory in men. For All things are yours[/u]; whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, [u]or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; All are yours; and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.[/u]

1Pe 4:11 [u]If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God, in 'all things', may be glorified through Jesus Christ[/u], to whom be praise and dominion forever and ever. [u]Amen.[/u]

Mar 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
Mar 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power [u]hath given unto us all things[/u] that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him [u]abideth in you[/u], and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. {Jn.16:13}

Again read Daniel 7 through 12 and then Revelation.

Jesus says, the tribulation will be worse than ever was since the world began, so if you don't think His promises that we'll "do exploits" and that "the righteous shall shine as the stars, bringing many to righteousness" and that God's Grace is poured out to "the degree of the Persecution, etc." then it's time for you to get some books out.

Be careful who you accuse of what. I don't come unto your Forum that's on Your Website and "look for an occasion" to cast a dark shadow on your posts ... and haven't on this Forum neither.

I pray for you sir. God have mercy on you.

Col 2:6 -10 ~ As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord ([u]By Faith -), so 'walk' ye in him:[/u] rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, [u]abounding therein with thanksgiving[/u]. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ, [u]Because[/u] in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily [u] ye are 'complete' in him,[/u]which is the head of all principality and power.

2005/8/22 4:45
Compton

Re:

Quote:
1st Compton, Aeryck said nothing about being asleep.

You're right! (I guess you weren't sleeping either.;-)) I was quick to assume from the title of the thread that we were talking about the ideas that come to us in the morning while we are fresh from a good night's sleep. I intentionally linked the benifit and effect of sleep to his experiences...something that Aareck or Dorcas did not do.

MC

2005/8/22 5:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy