SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does He know me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Nellie

Does He know me

"He calleth by name." John 10:3

When I have sadly misunderstood Him? John 20 17.
It is possible to know all about doctrine and yet not know Jesus. The soul is in danger when knowledge of doctrine outsteps intimate touch with Jesus. Why was Mary weeping? Doctrine was no more to Mary than the grass under her feet.
Any Pharisee could have made a fool out of Mary doctrinally, but one thing they could not ridicule out of her was the fact that Jesus had cast seven demons out of her; yet His blessings were nothing in comparison to Himself.
Mary saw Jesus standing and knew not that it was Jesus; immediately she heard His Voive, she knew she had a past history with the One who spoke.
She called Him "Master."
Oswald Chambers- "My Utmost for His Highest."

It is my Prayer to know Him in all His Glorious attributes, and hear Him say to me one day.
Well done, thy good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord.
Praise His Holy Name.

It is God that worketh in us, both to will and
do of His good pleasure. Phil. 2:13.

Bless you folks.

In His Service
Nellie
:-)

2005/8/18 15:49Profile

Re: Does He know me?

Hello Nellie,

This is a word near to my heart these days. Thank you for posting it. The Lord brought these verses to my attention this week, and I am encouraged, because I know I know the Father.

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, [b]and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him[/b].
28 Come unto me, all that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

2005/8/18 20:03

Re:

I spent a couple hours on http://www.watchman.net/read.html last night, and he repeats "the needful thing" quite a bit, so I looked up the verse....

Luk 10:(38)-42 "But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

I go to that site, when I need to get my Priorities straightened out again.

He speaks much on what you are saying.

Thanks for posting this Nellie.
And Dorcas.

His Love to you both.

Annie

2005/8/19 1:59
Nellie

Re:

Thank you for the Scriptures and the web-site, Annie. I have it in my Favorites.
And Thanks to you and Dorcus for the Scriptures.
it never ceases to amaze me how God sends us a Scripture, just when we need it.
He is sooooo Faithful!
God Bless you both.
In His Service
Nellie :-)

2005/8/19 9:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy