Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Finding a home church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
freewill

Lakeville, MN

Finding a home church

We moved to the twin cities area and are seeking out a church without all the entertainment, but actually has a preacher you can stand with. I mean a man of prayer. Preach instead of teach. In home fellowship with people that are seeking the same is what we have now and are holding each other accountable through this. Is the church in such a sad state as these preachers of old speak of or as recent as the sermon by david wikerson A Call to Anguish?

2005/8/16 23:33Profile

Re: Finding a home church

Hi freewill,

I don't know any up there, but I thought maybe this thread may speak to your situation somehow. (?)

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6634&forum=35&9

To your last question, I'd have to say yes.

God Bless your search for fellowship.

Annie

2005/8/17 8:51
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

Isn't John Piper's church in the twin cities(http://www.bbcmpls.org/)?

2005/8/17 11:39Profile

Hi freewill,

I have heard good things about Strait Gate in Minneapolis. I have never been to this church but I really admire and appreciate Roger Magnuson who is the pastor and a wonderful Christian leader. He stands up for what is right. If their church is not what you are looking for they might be able to help you find one.
I would recommend checking out their website:

http://www.straitgate.org/index.php

They are also a strongly evangelistic church.
It is very hard to find a church that meets the description you have described. But they do exist! I will be praying that the Lord will direct you to where He wants you.

~Roniya

2005/8/17 12:04
Nellie

Re:

Hi freewill,
I hope you find a good Church.
If you do, please share.
God Bless you.
In His Service,
Nellie :-)

2005/8/17 12:54Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hello Freewill...!

I attended an engineering conference in the twin cities a couple of years ago. I was going to be there for a week, so I looked up the churches in the phonebook in my hotel room. Since I didn't know my way around, I couldn't find one nearby. However, I met a young man at the conference who recommended a nice church. I attended twice (a Sunday morning service and one of their prayer meetings) and had a wonderful time! It was called "Columbia Heights Assembly of God."

I also attended a Wednesday evening service at a small, bilingual church (that was closer to the hotel). I don't remember the name, but it was wonderful!

I know this is not much, but I hope it helps.
I will be praying for your search -- that God places you exactly where you belong!

:-)

2005/8/17 13:20Profile
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

With so much intertainment, programs, functions, etc. I've wondered at times instead of finding a home Church ; Perhaps i should consider Church at home. I have thought of David Wilkerson's Home Church Series. It's so sad that the Church i have been attending for 3 years or more now that you get the uaual stuff like , good to see you and a hand shake and thats about it. Where's the brokenness and compassion to reach out for others not only in the world but those who attend that particular church. In the years i've been going to this pentecostal church (use to be Assembly of God) no one and i mean no one has ever contacted me by phone or come by , nothing. This is so sad. It's not like they don't know of me. My name, address and telephone # is on my tithing envelope. I've also approached many so its not like i'm not being friendly or a brother in christ. Just seems everybody is in thier own little click if you will.

The Church i attended for most of my life: First Assembly of God, has gone so far out in left field that it broke my heart to leave but had to. It's not my church now as i've stated that i left a few years ago to this new church, but First Assembly of God that i went to for most of my life. The Preacher at my old church from years ago, litterally teach's or preaches using his lap top computer with powerpoint. Un-believable. And that church is extremely program oriented.

I just get so tired of the way church is today. There's such a quenching of the Holy Spirit that it sickens me. I would love to see man get out of the way and let the Holy Spirit move and to see much prayer instead of programs.

So i've really been considering having church at home by myself with the video series of David Wilkerson home series that he offers and paying my tithes to missions that would be used abroad and state side as well and support sermon index because i'm fed here as well.

Just thinking out loud,

Kadmiel

2005/8/17 13:52Profile
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

I would also add that churchs today run on and by the clock and not the spirit. Also at my church they say the partake of "communion" once a year. I've never seen it. I must not have been thier that night. I asked one of the deacons why once a year and if so why not on easter perhaps. His response was most shocking. He said: Theres to many people. What on earth does that have to do with anything. So if i go with home church with David Wilkerson's series that are Video. I'd also partake of communion like i do now every 3 weeks and much prayer and worship and praiseing God. Not telling anyone what they should do just talking of myself.

Love my family on sermonindex,

Kadmiel :-)

2005/8/17 14:04Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Could someone please tell me where to find Dave Wilkerson's home church video's? is it on his web site?
Thank you

2005/8/17 14:13Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

So i've really been considering having church at home by myself...

There is nothing Biblical about having church at home by one's self. Such is simply listening to a sermon.

Here is a suggestion. If you can't find a church where you can have geniune fellowship at for whatever reason, the answer is not to resign yourself to being a Christian hermit. When the early church found itself because of persecution, in areas where no Christians save themselves were, they went ahead and immediately reproduced themselves. If you simply cannot find fellowship for whatever reason, go convert some heathen and start a church.

Also, there is nothing wrong if a preacher uses a laptop and powerpoint. It's simply a modern version of having some notes that one scratched out before hand, and using a chalk board or some other thing to write on. If Jesus had walked among us today, instead of writing in the dirt to a crowd attempting to stone a woman caught in adultery, He very well might have simply typed something out on a powerpoint slide. Either way, the same thing is accomplished.

It's really no different than listening to Dave Wilkerson on your computer.

2005/8/17 14:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy