SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : URGENT: Issue in regards to sexual spam

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 URGENT: Issue in regards to sexual spam

There has been an user that has been logging into the website posting sexually explicit images and posts. This persons information has been recorded and there WILL be action take in regards to these posts. If you run across any wrongful explicit images please report these immendiately to me.

I will stay ontop of this problem and give updates on any further developments. Please do [b]pray[/b] about this situation and the individul posting these things.

And if there any PM's that are of wrongful materials please copy and paste them to: [email protected] with the username that sent them and it will be dealt with.

2005/8/14 17:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: URGENT: Issue in regards to sexual spam

I have dis-abled the registering process on the site for a little while. I have reported all the posts, ip and lewd materials that this poster has posted. Some PM's are speaking against the united states of america which I will be able to forward to the homeland security website.

This is a very serious matter and I do ask that people pray for me to have wisdom on how to report these matters to the proper authorities. I have also contacted gospelcom.net who are the hosters for this ministry website, they are one of the largest networks of christian sites on the internet and I am sure they will help also reconcile this problem and deal with this abusive poster.

2005/8/14 17:35Profile

Re: URGENT: Issue in regards to sexual spam

Greg,

It's good to see you online taking control of this situation. I am praying for you and the decisions you make. Although some steps to take may be obvious, keep peace in your own heart and wait on the Lord for His word for the others.

He is well-able to defend His Name at times like these. He is High and Mighty, to the pulling down of strongholds. Amen.

2005/8/14 18:04
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thank you for the prayers. I reported the abusive behaviour and activities of this user to [email protected] which is the ISP (internet service provider) that the IP came from these posts. So essentially the person that was posting these lewd images and abusive text to users on the site is using this internet company: INTERMOUNTAIN CABLE
http://www.imctv.com/index.html?section=contactus

for their internet connection to do these things. I have left messages with the departments of both the INTERMOUNT CABLE and mikrotec that owns "Intermount". I am hoping that they will be able to reconcile this issue quickly and I do think that the subject matter is serious enough for action to be take by them.

How I found this information was to do an whois, and domainis on the ip that posted the materials:

-----IP whois-----
[Querying whois.arin.net]
[whois.arin.net]
Savvis SAVVIS (NET-208-132-128-0-1)
208.132.128.0 - 208.138.15.255
INTERMOUNTAIN CABLE CW-MIKR-208-135-166-B (NET-208-135-166-0-1)
208.135.166.0 - 208.135.168.255
# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2005-08-13 19:10
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

-----Provider-----
INTERMOUNTAIN CABLE
http://www.imctv.com/index.html?section=contactus

-----Domain whois-----
[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.opensrs.net]
[Querying whois.opensrs.net]
[whois.opensrs.net]
Registrant:
Inter Mountain Cable Inc
PO Box 159
Harold, KY 41635
US

Domain name: IMCTV.COM

Administrative Contact:
Mountain, Inter [email protected]
PO Box 159
Harold, KY 41635
US
606-478-9406
Technical Contact:
Hosting, DNS [email protected]
1001 Winchester Road
Lexington, KY 40505
US
877-832-6647 Fax: 859-225-3298

Registration Service Provider:
Mikro-Data/Mikrotec Internet Services, [email protected]
877-832-6647
http://www.mikrotec.com
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 13-Jul-2004.
Record expires on 19-Nov-2005.
Record created on 20-Nov-1998.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS2.EASTKY.NET 208.157.8.1
NS1.EASTKY.NET 208.135.166.1

Domain status: ACTIVE

2005/8/14 18:14Profile
dohzman

Re:

I have a a program called Trace It that will track anything back to the specific computer as long as you plug in the IP address. If you need it or want it PM me and I'll send it to ya. God Bless. Bro. Daryl

2005/8/14 21:05Profile

Re:

All's I've got to say is Thank You.

On some web forums or whatever, isn't there a feature where you can make it Not possible to post 'pictures' ?

So few of us use them, and I wondered if that feature or ability could be disabled or something ?

Edited to ask 2nd question ... I am grateful to have been born in a country where "in my lifetime" we've had religious freedom, so could you allaborate more on what you consider talk "against America" is ? Just so we all know, what you deem is 'talk against America' ... because sometimes on Current Events or threads on things of that nature, as in politics being brought up, those issues can always get heated... though, we would hope they wouldn't.

Thanks again.

2005/8/15 1:33
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Hi Sister,

yes that is a possible action that would be needed to be done, is take down the ability for people to post images. But the problem of posting an link to an image is still there.

Please everyone pray and have patience on this matter. I am still waiting back to hear from the ISP company that these posts came from.

2005/8/15 10:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy