SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Which version of the Bible is closest to exact translation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread

Re:

awww... ;-)

Krispy

2005/8/12 14:36
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: Car Tape Experiment

Sentry:-
'Something in me just keeps pulling me to the KJV.'
Philologos:-
'Me too, for all I have commented here'

I wanna tell a little story....sounds like the opening to Johnny B. Goode. Nah, seriously, I have to express a very loud, AMEN!!! To both you comments.

Some years back I got the NIV audio tape New Testament, and well I travel a lot so I got to listen to the New Testament over and over and over again...It was good, but that was only because I had nothing to compare it with.

Then my sweet neighbour who is getting along in years, somewhere between 70 and 80, she reminds me a little of Corrie Ten Boom mentioned she had the Authorized Version by Alexander Scourby, so I jumped with joy, I cannot tell why, I just did.

Well, I plugged in the Gospel of John, and I think I have listened to this so many times I cannot count, there is just something about the King James that seem to find a much easier entrance to my heart.

Only after that did I come upon the huge school of defence for the King James, so essentially though I do fully support what Prof. Riplinger is doing, my real reason for choosing the King James Version, is because for some reason that Edward F. Hill called the 'common faith' ~ the Holy Spirit seems to like the combination of Himself, the Word of God and my little achy breaky heart...lol

Make of it what you will, it is the one I am gonna take home with me..lalol

Aeryck by Jesus Christ.

2005/8/13 13:50Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:Stick it

is there any way we could stick this one as bible translations coms up alot!!

2005/8/20 22:06Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I think some of the earlier threads have dealt/are dealing with this much more comprehensively. I don't know which one would be the right one to make 'sticky'.

2005/8/21 4:07Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Yes. Make it sticky guys!

2005/8/21 4:36Profile
janneju

Re: Which version of the Bible is closest to exact translation?

Just out of interest, I was in touch with Times Square Church recently, and found out that David Wilkerson recommends -
KJV Life in the Spirit Study Bible .. (Zondervan).

He apparently uses this.

I have since got a copy and found it quite good.

2005/8/21 5:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy