Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Ravenhill Rebukes Pastors

[b]Ravenhill Rebukes Pastors[/b]

Description: In this recording Leonard Ravenhill is addressing an audience of 100-200 pastors at a conference. 2 of the pastors start to laugh part way through his sermon and this clip is ravenhill stopping the meeting and addressing those men. What a sobering judgement given showing Ravenhill's steadfast heart to the seriousness of preaching the gospel and desiring after revival. Ravenhill is 85 years old in this recording.

2005/8/7 12:07Profile
earnestlycontend

Flinstone, GA

Re: Ravenhill Rebukes Pastors

Wow, that's stern, but his burden is great.

I only could hear audio, was this supposed to be a video?

Kendal

2005/8/7 13:51Profile
jeremyhulsey

Wow, what sermon is this from Greg?

2005/8/7 15:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It is only audio. I am not sure what sermon it is from actually! It is from a CD from Ray Comfort of some of his favorite clips and recordings of sermons. I would love to find out or get that sermon on SI. Yes his burden is great for revival, he is 85 years old in this recording and is desperate to see God move.

2005/8/7 17:03Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Wow, he takes really the time to rebuke them.

"if you are not serious, i am"

2005/8/8 6:15Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Ouch.

Lord, break down your people from our high places.

2005/8/30 14:43Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I would love to find out or get that sermon on SI. Yes his burden is great for revival, he is 85 years old in this recording and is desperate to see God move.

This is desperation. He knows that time is running out and people are not "getting it." I was thinking yesterday about some of the sharp things our Lord said to people. At face value I read them and think, "Wow, I would never say that, I'm too Christlike... wooops... what am I saying here?" Our Lord said some things that were hard words. I know they were loving beyond eternity, but He said them. What was the look on His face? What would we have said if we seen Him say these things? Would we have thought He was mean?

i had a teen tell me a few weeks ago that the time has come that we are going to have to be brutally honest with people- the time is too late to beat around the bush.

2005/8/30 16:14Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

This rebuke is awesome! It really brings out what he titled that chapter that is called 'Wanted: A Prophet to preach to preachers' in the book "Why Revival Tarries." He was the best example of the standard that God was calling the church through in his preaching. I love when he says 'no wonder your church is so ungodly!' Imagine being rebuked by Ravenhill, you would never want to show your face in a conference ever. I know I wouldn't.

2005/8/30 18:12Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

I also think that the sermon is just like the message "Anaheim Talk on Revival." It's not the same event but he is talking about the same things in it. He mentions Pompei and how the Jews tried to stop him from going into the Holy of Holies. That is all I know about the message.

2005/8/30 18:17Profile
Crosslight

Re:

Wow..

85 and misses sleep two nights a week to pray for them.

I need this devotion... Lord, help me "get it" fully.

shalom
stacie

2005/9/3 23:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy