SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pruning

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jeremyhulsey

Re:

David Wilkerson just recently preached a sermon that is somewhat related the topic in this thread. Downoad [url=http://www.timessquarechurch.org/sermons/sermons2005.htm]Not Every Trial Is A Test[/url] off of TSC's site. It's very encouraging, especially if your going through a trial.

Edit: You'll find the sermon listed in the July sermons, July 10th to be exact.

2005/8/7 0:52Profile

Re: I'd rather say....

....that not every trial is at the hand of the enemy.
The church picked up on "the devil made me do that" and away went taking responsibility for our own actions.
Much of what happens to us in life is the result of unwise decisions, some instantaneous, others made after much thought. The consequences of those decisions sometimes last a life time. But neither God nor satan is to blame.
The other thing about trials is that life is a risk from conception to death. It's part of the result of man's fall. Sometimes folks are in the wrong place at the right time and are victum of the bad decisions of others.
All of these things considered, it makes following the Holy Spirit all the more valuable in our lives. For instance.
When my wife's mom died, we were living in Maine. We drove to Boston to catch a plane for Los Angeles. Sitting in the gate in Boston with 5 small children we were both starring at this airplane we were to board. We just had this dismal depression set in for some reason. We were both very apprehensive about boarding.
They could not seat us all together in coach so they offered us "first class". That was very nice, but it could not make the dark cloud vanish. When we pulled out to the runway, we didn't go anywhere. This made us even more concerned. Finally after about 30 mins of sitting there, the captain came on and said there was a problem with the aircraft and we would have to return to the gate and be routed on other flights. Everyone but us were groaning. We were rejoicing. I think there is little doubt, if that plane had attempted to take off, we would not have made it to LA. While I was very grateful, I was also discouraged with myself that I did not respond to the leading of the Lord and ask to be re-routed before getting on that thing. Sometimes, God takes care of us even when we make bad choices.
Saints, our fallen nature is so deceptive, and so lustful. It continually wants what it wants, regardless of consequences. Thank God for the leading of the Holy Spirit.
If every trial was a test, then every death would be too. The end result of old age is death. Sometimes folks get sick at a young age and die. Is this a test? It could be for the one dying and or the family left behind. But not necessarily. Our focus means so much in times like these.
I knew a family in Arizona. They had 7 small children, the youngest just toddling. They were passionately in love with God.
The woman got cancer. Of course we all prayed continually for her. I remember the last time I visited her. She was literally skin and bones. When I walked in her room, she said, "Lahry, how's your family?" "Can I pray for you?"
With the loss of such a wonderful lady, you'd think there would be much sorrow among the family. But the presence of God was so abounding, the wake was more of a celebration than mourning.
Life has it's ups and downs. Many difficulties are opportunities for us to follow ourselves, or follow Him. Storms are often birth places of miracles and healings. Even when things are lost, His presence in our lives is easily discerned and it builds our faith. Faith is what it's all about. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Glory to God.

resting in Him,

Lahry

2005/8/7 8:45
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

Luk 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Luk 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why encumbereth it the ground?
Luk 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
Luk 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

This fig tree is very much like the branch of John 15:6. We must abide in Jesus or there is no fruit. When one lives an ungodly life, even after God’s mercy of being cultivated, the person can expect to be cut down {Luke 13:9} or thrown into the fire as in {John 15:6}

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/8/7 9:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy