SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : True, informative, information for the word 'Stupid' in the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ellie

UK

True, informative, information for the word 'Stupid' in the Bible

I would appreciate:

True, informative, information for the word 'Stupid' in the Bible, as I was told a lot of years ago that we should not use this word towards anyone or to ourselves.

Would it also mean do not use the word at all or in reference to anything.

ellie _________________

2005/7/30 20:46Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re: True, informative, information for the word 'Stupid' in the Bible

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

e-sword says in there Greek word translation of the King James Bible that the word Raca means worthless or empty and the word fool is translated from a word that means dull or stupid.

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/7/31 0:40Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I think you will find this thread [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=6391&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]Fools![/url] will give you what you are looking for.

2005/7/31 1:52Profile
ellie

UK

Re: philologos

Thank you for the information you have given to me.

Yes I think it is going to be of help.

For the last twenty-five years I have endevoured to make myself refrain from useing the words

Stupid

Fool

I think I may have used the word Foolish, so no points for that. I cannot say I have never used Stupid, I have been TEMPTED heaps to use it.
And various other words of similar nature.
And this was even before, I became a christian.

Thanks

ellie

2005/8/1 14:37Profile
ellie

UK

Re: GaryE

Thank you GaryE for your reply. You will see that I have written to philologos and to add to what I wrote to him, I know that I am going to get a lot of substance meditating on the scriptures that you have advised

Thanks

ellie

2005/8/1 14:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy