SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : To the Jew first ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: To the Jew first

Hey Philologos,

Sorry it is my turn to double post, I only noticed that it is running really late and with my goose in London, I have to wake up super early tommorrow. It is 12.11pm here so it is bedtime for me. Sweet dreams friend. Time to sleep on your meditations and preparations and we will pick this up again on Tuesday sometime.:-P

In Jesus,
Aeryck

alt-add: 'It seems one of International Christian Embassy's Roles in Jerusalem is to obey Ps 122:6 by providing 'comfort' to Israel
comfort Seems like a good thing to me, hey?

2005/8/1 18:10Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
So you are not infavour of ICEJ, wait, do you then say we should do nothing at all for the Jewish people?

Please define 'we' and 'Jewish people'.

2005/8/1 18:26Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: To the Jew first.

Dear Philologos and brothers and sisters in Jesus,

Philologos, you requested that I define [b]'we'[/b] and [b]'Jewish people'[/b]~ These are the passages from the comfort section at International Christian Embassy Jerusalem:

And I will bless [b]them that bless thee[/b], and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
[Genesis 12:3]

Comfort ye, [b]comfort ye my people[/b], saith your God. [Isaiah 40:1]

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: [b]they shall prosper that love thee.[/b]
[Psalm 122:6]

Even so have these also now not believed, that [b]through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.[/b]
[Romans 11:31]

They seem to be fulfilling Jesus' command to love his brothers. With a 'Social Assistance Program'[Isaiah 40:1] & 'Home Care'[Jeremiah 31:8.,Isaiah 49:23] & 'Jerusalem Ministry Center'[Matthew 25:35&40] & 'Beit HaTikvah'[Jeremiah 30:3].

"For I was Hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me." The Lord said, "Whatever you did for one of the least of [b]these brothers of mine, you did for me[/b]." [Matthew 25:35 & 40]

In Jesus love,
Aeryck
:-P

International Christian Embassy Jerusalem is represented in 46 countries, check this link

:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P:-P
'Now back to my working sabatical, take care everyone'

2005/8/2 16:05Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

There are some interesting Bible reference points for 'Jews' which we should keep in mind.Rom. 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, In this passage Paul speaks of those who are 'called' or 'named' as 'Jews'. He does not dispute their right to this label, but he has some challenging statements to follow.“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Rom. 2:28-29) Now Paul is denying that one 'called a Jew' is in reality a Jew, unless he has a circumcision which...“is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Rom. 2:29)

There are frequent references to 'the synagogues of the Jews' in the period up to Paul's house arrest in Acts 28, but when John recorded the Revelation there is an ominous reference; ““I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.” (Rev. 2:9, NKJV) This is some 30 later than the Act's references. What is this thing that Christ calls 'a synagogue of Satan'? Is this the synagogue in Ephesus?

Paul says only those who are circumcised in heart are Jews. Christ says that those who call themselves Jews in Ephesus are actually 'Satan's gathering'. Perhaps my question needs to be rephrased;" who are the Jews, biblically?"

2005/8/4 15:07Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: To the Jew first

Dear Philologos,

I suppose we could keep dancing around in a circle.

"Please define 'we' and 'Jewish people'?"
I answered you question.
"Who are the Jews, biblically?"
You answered your question.

I think I was pretty clear in my presentation, don't you think?

In Yeshua ha Massiach
Aeryck
:-P

2005/8/5 6:29Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Quote:
I answered you question.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you did, I see nothing in your response about who your "we" is referring to and nothing about "Jewish people".

2005/8/5 13:55Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I answered you question.
"Who are the Jews, biblically?"
You answered your question.

Perhaps we are talking past each other. Can I just ask the simple question what do you mean when you say 'Jewish'? Do you mean the Israeli nation state? or do you mean the physical descendents of Abraham? or do you mean people who are committed to Rabbinic Judaism? Or do you not see any distinctions between these options?

2005/8/5 15:01Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: To the Jew first ?

Hi Philologos, thank-you for your good reply. I am note really that complicated at all, the verses that I found on International Christian Embassy, I believe address how I feel about the matter. I am aware that Paul, said that a real Jew is one who has recieved the circumcision of the heart. However, when it comes to reaching out to Jewish people, I guess that is everyone who is of Jewish descent, however I am no an exlusivist, if that is the word people use. I think we are to love all men, and be at peace with them, it is just over the years I have experienced a strong prompting by the Holy Spirit when I am in the company of a Jewish person, be that a zealot or just a wayward soul who goes to Synagogue ever so once in a while, I cannot explain it, it is just something inside, so when I read the verses, something jumped in me, and a witness with the Scripture that it is right to care for people from the Israeli nation, I have been in over thirty bands in my short life, grown up in a school that had a very large Jewish contingent, been to barmitzva's, I think that is how one spells it, played rugby with, and well, finally when the Lord Jesus revealed himself to me, at eighteen, I seemed to get really wierd when I am around people that are Jewish, I suppose it is because they have grown up celebrating the Sabbath that we find completion in the rest, the Passover, where we experience the sprinkling of the blood, and well, when they talk, it is strange it is like my heart wants to jump out of my body and hug them and tell them that their Messiah is loving them through me. Maybe I am just wierd, but it has been about 30 years that I have felt this way, even when I was a little boy, I have had a deep awareness and understanding of a unique difference in the way they behave, and the way the just are different to any other race on this planet, God certainly did touch his people in a very peculiar way, even when they are not saved....just a personal observation of living with Jewish people for 5 and a half years. Now as to who is a physical descendant of Abraham, how one would determine that, certainly James I think addressed 12 tribes and Paul was prepared to lose his faith so that they could be saved, I am not sure if I can keep going much longer as doo-doo time commenced an hour and thirty five minutes ago..lol. But my energy levels are up after ministering in song, for four hours earlier today... I do not know what Rabbinic Judaism is. I would presume people who are now Jews who are living under the teaching of the Jews, I did a little study on the Kabbalah, the Chuck Missler stuff and read a little, still to go to your main boy...what is his name, I have the site like Philologos, like your alias. Oh, you are right there are distinctions, between.

1. Jewish
2. Israeli Nationalists
3. Physical Descendants of Abraham
4. Rabbinic Judaism

I personally think though so many Jews I know here in South Africa, like a friend of mine Hoshi who plays manic guitar, is Jewish, has lived in Israel the Nation, is a physical descendant of Abraham, I guess, as he is an authentic Jew? ... and though he grew up learning the way every Jew does around here, going to Shool(?) my spelling is terrible, sorry. He also has has Christian education and prefers the teachings on Jesus though he hates Jews for Jesus, and other Messianic Jew breakaways.

I shared a cup of coffee in the pub, one night and he broke most of this down to me, I cannot remember all, just that I was really overjoyed to listen to him, talk, I don't know what it is, there is a holiness (whoops) that seems to permeate through them, something about JHWH, like a seal, I could be wrong, but that is just some of my crazy rambling.

Gnasher, did you get your name from a philosopher? I think my verse choices really did give a feeling rather than a direct answer, I love to read God's word and when verses like that pop up, I just wanna obey them and experience the joy of God's blessing simple obedience, maybe I am a nutjob, and my theology sucks, but I am enjoying my life in Jesus, it is the twightlight, 30 years and trucking, fallen and had some big dings, but it is nice when the Mansion Builder breathes in his life, and one can walk in that Grace, mentioned at the end of Hebrews.

By the way do any of you have a copy of Mansion Builder, I lent it to a young singer who did not know Jesus, and it used to help me worship the Lord in the mornings, and it is so hard to find...maybe I will see if I can order it at Kingdom Music...well that's a rap.

Take care and thanks for the love, blessings in Jesus to you both and God allow to make know the mystery hid from all ages as you minister this weekend.

Aeryck.
:-P:-P:-P

ps. Here are these verses again, I gotta write them down and memorize...sho.

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
[Genesis 12:3]
Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. [Isaiah 40:1]
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
[Psalm 122:6]
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
[Romans 11:31]

alt-add:
Do you listen to Lamb...I got nearly everything and most of Jews for Jesus, that music is also great in the mornings, started out with Prepare ye the Way, sing Scripture, but their is a reverance not in CCM and other, that is no where else found but in this music...Lamb..is cool, Jews for Jesus, is a bit older but still cool.

2005/8/5 19:45Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: Doin' nuthin', or what?

Hi Philologos,

I went back to the one site where the young Messianic Jew was talking to his Rabbi and noticed this section of the site dealing with the problem of anti-semitism. How should we as Christians respond to this? It was Paul by the Holy Spirit,who said he wished that he were cut of for his brethren's sake....?

http://www.gnfi.org/anti-semitism.html

In Jesus,

Aeryck

2005/8/8 19:03Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: Multimedia Anti-Semetism Update!

Hi, brothers and sisters, instead of starting a new thread, and seeing this is from the same site check out this 'multi-media presentation' regarding current anti-semitism.

clicketh hearith and seeith

In Jesus,
.A.
:-(

alt-add: This is a site showing the History of the Middle East Conflict, some really eye opening stuff... click here

2005/8/11 17:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy