SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : To the Jew first ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

To the Jew first ?

What if Jesus really is the King of the Jews?
Did you know Christ was not Jesus’ last name?

It was a title – “Messiah,” the anointed one,
from the tribe of Judah, throne of David. He would usher in the “Kingdom of God” on earth (Acts 1:6), which would be centered in Jerusalem, Israel. Unfortunately, today too many within the evangelical church are denying the clear Scriptural mandate to share the Gospel to the Jew first (Rom. 1:16).

http://www.gnfi.org/King_of_Jews_ad.pdf

I found this today, and thought about you guys and decided you needed a farewell present, as I am off on a 6 month sabbatical to complete my book.

Bless God, and keep sharing the love you have found in Jesus,

Aeryck
:-P:-P:-P

“How odd of God to choose the Jew, but not as odd as those who choose the Jewish God, but hate the Jew.” – Francis Schaffer

2005/7/30 18:12Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: To the Jew first ?

Here is a wonderful sermon on the subject by Art Katz. The Eternal Gospel.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=173&min=80&orderby=titleA&show=20]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=173&min=80&orderby=titleA&show=20[/url]

It is well worth a listen. Art really make you think and brings up some things we don't usually hear and talk about.

I'm not quite sure what I think and am interested in what other have to say about this subject.

One think I think for sure - is that every Christian church should have an ongoing Jewish evangelism program! I haven’t heard of many that do.

2005/7/30 19:24Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: To the Jew first

Hi Christ-is-King,

Thanks for the comment and link to AK [my first]

I was meant to be on sabbatical, but your post brought to mind a lot of stuff, that goes back to the early years in the Assemblies of God circa. '76 - '81, during which time I met some of the people from ~
'International Christian Embassy Jerusalem.'

They had this Friday night prayer meeting. Years later the the Embassy helped me out of a dark place.

Aren't we supposed to [b]pray for the Peace of Israel.[/b]...[getting involved]

In Yeshua ha Massiach,

Aeryck
:-P

The Feast of the Tabernacles :-D

2005/7/31 1:57Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what I think and am interested in what other have to say about this subject.

At least one of 'us' has expressed on opinion. ;-)

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3095&forum=34]Art Katz - Israel and the Church - a critique[/url]

2005/7/31 3:35Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: International Christian Embassy Jerusalem - the Jew first.

Hi Philologos,

'Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.'
[Romans 10:1]

getting involved

[a quote from your link]
[i]'In my opinion Art's theology is chained to his eschatology; I cannot accept either as being biblically based.'[/i]

This thread is [b]not about Art Katz's eschatology or theology,[/b] which you have certainly covered well on your linked thread.

The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem's ministry to Israel has been going on for many years and I was hoping that the loving and caring ministry that has been towards Israel for many years, might be shared and learned from by us here at Sermon Index.

Obviously this is not the total focus of this thread. [b]The thread is about Jesus' love for Israel.[/b] Maybe if you were to give us a simple outline about this, it would inspire.

I have a nice link for those interested of a discussion held between a young Messianic Jew and a Rabbi. It is pretty heavy going but certainly insightful. click here!

In Messiah,
Aeryck

Once again, what I think really blesses my heart is the fact that Gentiles are welcome in this celebration and from the joy and blessing that is central to this, we have much to understand about our Lord's heart towards Israel.

edit-add: Y E S H U A

2005/8/1 3:12Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
The thread is about Jesus' love for Israel. Maybe if you were to give us a simple outline about this, it would inspire.

I had thought that to the Jew first probably implied that you had wanted to discuss 'Jewish priority in evangelism'. You ask for a simple outline about 'Jesus' love for Israel'. My understanding of Jesus' love is expressed in the verse “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16, KJVS)...which, interesting enough, was originally said to the people of Israel.

I see your sign off is a quotation thought to be from Hilaire Belloc
"how odd
of God
to choose
the Jews" I am not sure whether or not Hilaire Belloc was being anti-semitic or just trying to be funny. The Jewish rejoinder is certainly funny, but might also show the attitude that has sometimes provoked ant-semitism;"Not odd
of God.
Goyim
annoy 'im.";-)

2005/8/1 15:32Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: To the Jew first.

Philologos,

Perhaps it might be nicer to use the word 'agape' instead of 'evangelism' it is such a cold word, for what we are to be doing in this life.

I forgot to thank~you for turning me on to Alfred Edersheim. I was really reluctant to go for his writings, but after finding that so many reputable scholars pour accolades over his work, I have now more to read than ever before.

Perhaps you don't remember, well here it is for anyone else who really wants to learn about Judaism from a very reliable sourse:

http://philologos.org/online.htm

[b]Alfred Edersheim[/b]
The Temple: Its Ministry and Services
Sketches of Jewish Social Life
Bible History, Old Testament
The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah

Regarding the quote there seems to be some confusion as to who orginally wrote it, this one site I went to a Hebrew Christian site seemed to believe it was originally said, by non other than Benjamin Disraeli.[and the connotation seems complimentary to the article rather than hostile?]

Now seeing that you have opened this topic up so wide. Tell me how do you feel about the ministry of International Christian Embassy Jerusalem? Do you think the that we have some emphatic destiny to fulfill with Israel, or not?

In Jesus,
Aeryck

Shalom

2005/8/1 17:41Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Perhaps it might be nicer to use the word 'agape' instead of 'evangelism' it is such a cold word, for what we are to be doing in this life.

The process of declaring the glorious good news a 'cold word'. How so?

2005/8/1 17:48Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Now seeing that you have opened this topic up so wide. Tell me how do you feel about the ministry of International Christian Embassy Jerusalem?

I don't know much about its work but I always thought the idea a misguided one. Christians are a spiritual people and Israel is a nation state. Christians have no territorial rights while a nation state may claim many territorial rights. I think the idea of a Christian embassy to a nation state is not applicable. If if were there ought to be such embassies to USA, RSA, UK, Palestine, Lebanon, Israel, Syria, and every other nation state.

2005/8/1 17:55Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: To the Jew first

Slow down, Please.

Boet you have got to come to South Africa, and let me cook you a pooitjie.

When my Mom was alive; she would go into that kitchen and cook and what came out of there you could not buy at the Lord Nelson Hotel.
As my Dad said, it had that 'magic ingredient'. He would then look all sort of misty eyed, and say it the same everytime. 'Son, it's the love. Never leave the love out of the preparation'

It is just sometime our big sounding theological terms are really sterile, don't you think?

Did you read anything else I wrote or do you have an agenda, for this thread?

Come on you are not being very friendly at all. Play a little.

In Jesus,
Aeryck

alt-add
You will have to wait until this old man replies, or consider a little longer before replying so quickly. So you are not infavour of ICEJ, wait, do you then say we should do nothing at all for the Jewish people?

2005/8/1 18:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy