SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Snake Handeling and Poison

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Denem7,

I don't think anybody's posts are 'foolish' !

I'm here to grow too ~ AMEN to dat sista !!!

His Love,

me again

2005/7/31 18:01
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

My take on the verses that accompany Mark 16, is that they should be taken in consideration with what the other 4 Great Commissions in Scriptures say. Mark is a promise of protection of the witnesses of Christ. John promises His peace. Acts promises His power. Matthew promises His presence, while Luke shows His program. Remember the 5 P's.

I think as many of the other posts do, that the witnesses of Jesus will receive protection according to God's will, even to take up a snake, or survive a poisoning attempt on their life. But I don't believe this means we are to put God to a foolish test to dabble with His power.

You may notice that the word "drink" in Scripture is often associated with wrath: "she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath (Rev 14:8)" and "he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God (Rev 19:15)." I think the Mark reference is not different, that His remnant are never facing destruction, never drinking wrath.

While the "serpents" reference is literal, as with Paul, I think it also refers to the serpents being evil men, as with John Baptist, "O generation of vipers(Luke 3:7)." The redeemed will take up these serpents just as we "tread on serpents and scorpions(Luke 10:19)."

All this could be summed up as "power...over all the enemy (Luke 10:19)" given to preachers of the gospel.

2005/8/1 0:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy