SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : King Charles is the Antichrist?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
RandRman2023

Canada

Re:

I guess it depends on how much you know about him. He's quite the total package, once you get into his training, accolades, accomplishments, and wealth. He has his hand in literally everything. I think we all see him as a frog that someone kissed once and he hasn't changed all the way into a prince yet! Haha!

2023/5/29 16:05Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Todd,

Quote:

I always thought is AC was an actual one individual (which again I doubt strongly) then he would be a clone or some other mockery of a human.

Over the last few months, I've been struck by the "types and shadows" in Biblical prophecy as well as prophecies that refer to multiple periods of time. Passages often refer to the near future, distant future and far-distant future.

I think that this is why many other Jews did not believe in Jesus. They read prophecies about the millennial reign and expected the Messiah to come like THAT. I suspect that many who studied the Scriptures, heard the Scriptures read in the synagogues or heard various rabbis speak were sometimes farsighted and nearsighted (in terms of interpretation).

This is probably because some passages are near, distant and far distant -- all within what is now a single chapter. Those passages are even difficult for some of us living now despite having the benefit of "hindsight" (i.e., history).

Don't forget about all of those passages that can refer to two or more instances. For instance, Daniel spoke about the abomination that causes desolation. In context, it is clear that Daniel was speaking about Antiochus IV Epiphanes when he spoke about this "king of the north" who would set up that abomination. In fact, scholars often proposed the idea that Daniel was written AFTER THIS because his prophecies in Daniel chapter 11 are so incredibly accurate with the history of the Greeks.

Yet, when Jesus spoke of the "abomination that causes desolation" (in Matthew 24 and Mark 13), he isn't referring to history. He is speaking of the future.

It can certainly be perceived about Roman general (and future emperor) Titus who destroyed the Temple. That happened in 70 A.D. -- approximately 40 years after Jesus was crucified. So, within a generation of the crucifixion, another "abomination" caused desolation -- and completely destroyed the Temple.

Yet, Jesus continued to speak of the future. This is important in the context of Matthew 24 (and Mark 13) because the disciples came and asked, "Tell us, when will these things be, AND what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age" (Matthew 24:3)? There are TWO questions here: 1.) "When will these things be?" and, 2.) "What will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

So, there was an abomination that caused desolation spoken of by Daniel and fulfilled by Antiochus IV Epiphanes. Yet, in Matthew 24, Jesus spoke of ANOTHER "abomination that causes desolation "spoken of by the prophet Daniel" (Matthew 24:15) who would be "standing in the holy place." This was likely referring to Titus. Yet, Jesus said that Daniel spoke of this DISTANT future "abomination" that had not yet happened during the time when Jesus was speaking in Matthew chapter 24 (~30 A.D.).

So, if Daniel could refer to BOTH Antiochus IV Epiphanes AND a future "abomination that causes desolation" who would be "standing in the holy place," then it is possible that this same passage could also refer to yet another too in the far distant future. After all, the subsequent words from Jesus (after mentioning the abomination that causes desolation) in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 have not yet come to pass.

Daniel interpreted Nebuchadnezzar's dream of a statue as pertaining to four distinct empires -- the Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek and Roman. At the very end (or bottom) of the Roman empire would be something different -- toes made partly of iron and partly of clay. I've heard so many interpretations of the toes. Yet, I've often wondered if they simply symbolize the post-empire/post-monarchy world. Even the Soviet empire is gone.

We now live in a world of strong nations primarily ruled by different forms of democracy. Most of our rulers are elected leaders -- commoners -- selected by the people. It does seem that Daniel referred to some things that will be happening in the far-distant future too. These partly iron, partly clay toes are likely some of those "far-distant" things.

As for King Charles: As wealthy as he might be, he is largely powerless. He can "try" to exert influence on others. However, most people (including world leaders) aren't particularly keen on looking to Charles for any sort of international leadership. Moreover, the man is nearly 75-years-old. He has nearly reached the extent of the average male life expectancy.

I suppose that it is important to point out that there is no longer a "holy place" in terms of a Temple. Then again, this "promised land" is the focus of Biblical prophecy. After all, the promise (of this land) is still pertinent. Jerusalem and Mt. Zion are still very much central to prophecy.

By the way, I would recommend a really nice set of teachings on the Book of Daniel by "Just Scripture Ministries." The teacher does a very good job of explaining the timeline and historicity of Daniel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZHfL0xptn4&list=PL2-NcugBdqZFGpjtmL31nBvFlNj0NiyJ8

2023/5/30 1:43Profile
RandRman2023

Canada

Re:

I really hope you all are reading the Antichrist and a Cup of Tea book. It'll show you why odds are Charles being the antichrist. Much of his power and influence is in the shadows.

Charles is a very powerful man, and if you can take the time and read the book, you'll see just what influence he does have on the world.

Now, I'm not being dogmatic here, please understand. I DON'T know who God has set up to be the man, but after reading the book and understanding the religious symbolism of the coronation, it sure seems like he is.

2023/5/30 14:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//understanding the religious symbolism of the coronation, //

Why don’t you lay out what this symbolism was? I’ve heard this sort of thing time and again and inevitably it turns out to be nothing.

What was different about the symbolism and imagery between his coronation and his mother’s?

I hope you don’t refer me to some hour long YouTube video to watch.

2023/5/30 17:01Profile
RandRman2023

Canada

Re:

If you know what the certain symbols refer to, then you'd understand, hence why I would suggest you read the book.

2023/5/30 17:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

My question, though, is whether these “symbols” have been used in prior coronations (I suspect they have) and why prior rising regents were not accused of being the Antichrist? I can think of two reasons: 1) end times hysteria and date setting and Antichrist identifying was not a thing in prior generations(despite having the same Bible) ( but less internet experts) and 2) folks were a tad less gullible.

I have no intention of reading a nonsensical book. The only folks who fall for it are those who are already susceptible.

A quick Google search revealed numerous “experts” who state definitively Charles is NOT the Antichrist (eg Joel Richardson). Who’s right? There’s the rub. No one is.

2023/5/30 18:57Profile
RandRman2023

Canada

Re:

Exactly my point as well. I don't know, but I'm just following certain indicators that point a lot of evidence in Charles' way.

Yes, a lot of the religious icons and symbols were used in other coronatiosn, but a few things happened that are novel and unique to Charles.

1. Religious leaders (Muslim, Catholic, Protestant, Sikh and Hindu, among others) bowed and paid homage to Charles as their sovereign king. This is unique. Even Pope Francis did and gave him a gift of a cross that supposedly contained remnants of Christ's cross.
2. He was anointed with special anointing oil made especially from the olives that grow on the Mount of Gethsemane. Then two major religious leaders, Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos III and Anglican Archbishop Reverend Dr Hosam Naoum anointed Charles their king, their anointed one (Christ), their messiah. They are THE leaders for Jerusalem. They also did it in the spirit of King Saul by using a makeshift tabernacle to act as the holy of holies.

I mean, honestly, you must admit that this whole precession is uncanny in how everything pointed to Charles as sovereign king of all religions and political leaders.

2023/5/30 19:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

In prior generations Muslims were not such a major player in British society. Hindus were under the Raj in prior generations. It seems they are just trying to include those who make up British society today. It’s all pomp and circumstance.

2023/5/30 19:52Profile
RandRman2023

Canada

Re:

Well, we'll see soon won't we?

Either way, Christ's return seems close and that's reason enough for celebration.

2023/5/30 20:10Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I can definitely agree with that!

2023/5/31 9:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy