SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Spiritual leaders-make-national-prayer-call-for Trump

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Dolfan,
I think your prayer is a passive aggressive prayer .I would just be thankful to God for bringing a leader who changed things for the good even though like us all we are flawed and in need of Christ.
If Christians have a problem with Trump the problem is with them not Trump.Likewise anyone who says that Trump is some kind of saviour is most likely a patriotic non Christian as all Christians know that only Christ is the one and only true saviour.
God brings in leaders like Trump to bring about his purposes or to put up a barrier to the spread of evil similar to what a border does.I dont expect Trump to live up to an unrealistic standard of behaviour and I dont expect him to have a Damascus road experience either but it could happen.
Do I think that God put Trump in office?100%
Clearly he was a force for good and you have to give credit where credit is due,
urs staff

2023/4/9 1:41Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

Unless the majority of a given country's citizens are pious Christians, a presidency-canvasing Paul-like has next to no chance of being voted in to its white house to start with. And even if it were possible (miracle perhaps), it would be near as frustrating as trying to pastor a Church made up of carnal and careless folks. This therefore my explain why more worthy presidency-candidates remain unknown - because there isn't a worthy majority to represent.

A country should first need a worthy and widespread revival to can accommodate an equally worthy Christian president. Why the majority will gladly vote him in to the white house. And the unsaved minority will then have no choice but to be bound by whatever enacted Christ-like laws. Until this happens, anything between a regularly persecuted Church and an underground one (as NP illuded) should be expected where existing Christians continue to walk 'worthy of the vocation'. I personally do not vote and the reason has been 'the rock and a hard thing' thus far.

2023/4/9 1:53Profile
staff

Re:

Hi KervinM,
I think opting out is not the best option.For instance if in 2016 you voted for Trump who said that he would put supreme court justices in place that would get rid of federal abortion then you would have help save millions of lives.
The country under Trump was not in revival nor was the president a Christian but he did do what he said he would do.
So if you were in the US and voted you would clearly have being doing the right thing,no rock ,no hard place,
urs staff

2023/4/9 9:59Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I voted for Trump, not because He is a Christian, and I don’t believe he is born again, but even as God used Cyrus, the Lord used Trump to come against the globalists, protect Christians, support Israel, support life, and come against the climate change hoax, supports our military and the police, was closing our borders, and put pro life justices in the Supreme Court.

Obama and Biden claim to be Christians, but they are both liars and deceivers, and the Democratic Party has gone fully woke.

I do not put my trust in any man to save America. Only God can do that, and only a Heaven sent revival will turn us around. I am encouraged because the Lord is waking up the sleeping giant (the Church).

2023/4/9 10:25Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Tonight, Sixty Minutes Australia aired a segment on the scandal involving Giancarlo Granda, Jerry Falwell Jr. and his wife.

It also mentioned the Falwells’ alleged contact with Michael Cohen and that not long after the alleged contact, Jerry Jr made an announcement, which then made him the first prominent evangelical leader to endorse Donald Trump. And this move was pivotal in Trump getting the backing of America's influential Christian right, and ultimately landing him the White House.

2023/4/9 10:36Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Branchinvine,
Sorry the point is what?
urs staff

2023/4/9 10:55Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Abideinhim,
I think that was the exact course of action.Christians who did not vote for Trump or not vote at all are and have been making excuses why they made these two mistakes,urs staff

2023/4/9 10:57Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Jerry Falwell declared that there was a moral majority. There is no such thing. Decades ago most Americans had a biblical world view. Now only 37% of pastors that were polled have a biblical world view, and that is why we are in the shape that we are in as a nation.

Trump would have been re-elected in 2020 if people that call themselves Christians would have voted. We had well known Christian leaders that said that Christians should not vote because we are of another Kingdom.

2023/4/9 11:04Profile
deogloria

Re:

This might interest you:

"America Rejecting The Light" - Leonard Ravenhill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onWfnrP5Sro

2023/4/9 12:00Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Staff,

It means that if there is truth in what was said, then Jerry Falwell Jr had something to hide and was pressured into supporting Trump.

And Jerry Falwell was the president of Liberty University, America's most influential evangelical university.

2023/4/9 12:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy