SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Spiritual leaders-make-national-prayer-call-for Trump

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Spiritual leaders-make-national-prayer-call-for Trump

https://www.charismanews.com/us/91950-spiritual-leaders-make-national-prayer-call-for-trump

2023/4/5 12:08Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Spiritual leaders-make-national-prayer-call-for Trump

While I stand behind Trumps stance for conservative policy and against all the progressive left woke agenda, I find it very hard to support a man who has been proven unfaithful in marriage and is known for sexual misconduct, misgynomy, and vulgarity.

Of course, the left is famous for fabricated allegations, but I am not sure if they are all baseless.

I firmly believe that true leadership must be at first moral, before any other characteristics are to be considered. Check this verse:

Psalm 15:1 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?....4 In whose eyes

a VILE PERSON IS CONTEMPTED; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord.

I know I will get lynched for these questions, but is he really the best man America can come up with?
Can a Christian endorse and promote let alone pray for a person who has hurt so many? Does that not reflect on your own ability to exercise propper judgment? Can Christians endorse a vulgar and impure man for president and at the same time stand the moral high ground against the LGBTQ+ fraction? Do you not see the double standard? Some go as far as canonizing Trump.

Should he be the face of your nation? Is he the best pick among a hundred million men to represent your nation? Will he heal your divided nation or will he polarize even more? Do you believe you should elevate such a man to a position of world leadership? Does he set an example that others should follow? Does he represent or caricature your nation? Does he not make his foes like Biden/Harris and heads of hostile nations look better than they in fact are?

After Germany lost WWII and the Allies invaded our nation, my grandparents were forced to host American soldiers on their farm and they were by and large well behaved. You had our respect and gratitude. We saw you as liberators from our own Nazi terror, but these times are long gone.

Proverbs 29:18
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Backslidden preachers, backslidden churches, Trump is not the solution, repentance and a revival is needed. Stop exporting fake Christianity and learn from the underground church, you will need to apply their lessons soon.

2023/4/5 15:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I tend to agree NP but if push came to shove I’d have to vote for Trump (ie if it’s him vs a liberal democrat in the big election in 2024).

Are you pro or anti Samson?

2023/4/5 17:47Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

@Todd - not sure what you mean with Samson, but I liken Trump as Samson in the Bible, a man who God uses to save a nation, though he had fundamental flaws such as a propensity to revenge driven behaviour and a lack of self control.
If I were an American citizen, I would begrudingly vote republican and Trump for want of a better alternative, the proverbial choice between a rock and a hard place.

Mark how the dark aera of Judges is summed up in one sentence: In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit.

2023/4/6 10:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yeah I definitely see a parallel with Samson. He was filled with the Spirit but still a cad and lacking in a moral compass if it didn’t suit him. But he was God’s instrument.

So it’s possible to be “for” and “against” Samson at the same time. You can be against his personality and ways but you have to be for him because God wanted to use him.

2023/4/6 11:11Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Ha! Let’s hope he pulls this whole corrupt temple down on their heads like Samson 🙏🏻

2023/4/6 12:03Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Quote:
Are you pro or anti Samson?

To me, the question is:

Is God for or against us?

If God is for us, who can be against us (Rom. 8:31)?

But if God is against us, there is no hope for us.

Samson paid a terrible price for his ungodly conduct.

His strength left him (Judges 16:19).

The Lord departed from him (Judges 16:20).

The Philistines seized him, blinded him, imprisoned him, and made him provide amusement for them (Judges 16: 21-25).

Throughout Israel’s history, when the people forsook God, God forsook them and delivered them to their enemies.

But God is merciful and when they cried out to God in their oppression and afflictions, God freed them from their enemies and gave them rest.

Samson cried out to God:

Judges 16:28 –
Then Samson called to the Lord and said, “O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me just this time, O God, that I may at once be avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.”

But Samson also said:

Judges 16:30 --
And Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!”

I would say that Samson finally realised that:

Rom. 7:18 –
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells……

He was no better than the Philistines and deserved to die with them.

So the Philistines perished.

And Samson also died.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

Judges 16:30 –
So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he killed in his life.

COMMENT:

This post is about Samson. I will refrain from commenting about Trump.

2023/4/6 13:38Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

While I would truly rejoice if Trump could reverse all the woke and leftist nonsense, I see that the church will have to go through persecution and suffering so that she can be cleansed and purified. God will use these evil agents, satan, antichrist and all his stooges to form Christ in us.
I even believe not even the LGBTQ+ is in control but they are used by some hidden super dark power as tool to drive an ulterior agenda.

He first tries to destoy everything God created for good.
Gender, parenthood, property, justice, truth, and humanity.
Mind you God will allow his enemies to commit themselves to eternal destruction just so that he can have a bride for his son in dazzling beauty.

As disturbing as this all seems, everything runs according to Gods plan. As on the day of crucifiction, Satan thought he had his greatest triumph, he actually was defeated. So will be the final victory of Christ.

Jesus told Judas, “What you are about to do, do quickly."
As it was then, so even now. Satan only has very limited time and he will run into eternal distruction dragging everyone along who is not an overcomer in Christ.

Most of what calls itself Christian will yeald to the wokist agenda become another tool in Satans hand. We will see some more shocking departures from the faith.
They will kick us out of their midst for our good.

2 Corinthians 6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Folks, time is short and we must get real.

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

I would rather die than miss the plot. We are living in tumultous times, but also in times where we can do great exploits in Christ.

2023/4/6 13:57Profile
staff

Re:

Reply To This Post | Edit |

Hi All,
I think Christians are probably holding Trump up to a standard they dont hold any other President too which is a bit hypocritical.

Abortion gone federally which looked impossible in 2015
That says it all but look at the other things ...

Abraham Accords and moving of embassy to Jerusalem
A friend of Israel

Attended Christian Prayer mornings which other Presidents would not be caught dead at,invited Pastors to the Oval office and highlighted Christian Persecution.
Gave Billy Graham a state funeral which would not happen without him.

Then to lifes practical issues
Employment up
Economy up
Minority Employment Up
The Border wall or part border wall.
Only President not to start a war in recent years and prevented one starting between Ukraine and Russia.
Got Nato to pay what they owed or part pay

All of this under extreme conditions that no other President enured
Russia hoax ,fake dossiers,special prosecuters ,raids on his home,mass censorship of his presidency and Covid.

Even if it were down to just the one issue
:The ending of federal Abortion which saves thousands and thousands of lives I think he deserves a vote and respect.
Christian prayed and prayed for years for a leader that would end the killer Abortion and when we got one all alot of them could do was whine and moan about that leader being a loud mouth and about possible misdemeanors which werent proven anywhere.Even if they are proven they are nothing in compares to the ending of child sacrifice....
You're not voting in a Pastor you are voting in a President .If you want to vote in a Pastor get one to run
urs staff

2023/4/6 15:10Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

My prayer for Trump is that he gets truly converted, repents, and throws himself on the mercies and merits of Jesus. His hope is the same as anyone’s. And that is the only one. If God does send revival to America in any measure we can rest assured that it will not rest one ounce on the shoulders of Trump. While God is sovereignly turning the hearts of kings like the courses of rivers to suit His will, I pray He does so for me and for everyone else. May we all now, while we can, throw ourselves at the foot of the cross and on the assurance of the empty tomb. All nations have scoffed at God and scorn Him now. There is no deliverer except God Himself, in Christ, who will gather all of His people in the day of the Lord. Pray that our love for Him grows and becomes deeper and truly rooted in His grace. We need each other. Blessings.

2023/4/8 21:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy