Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DRINK YE ALL OF IT

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BruisedReed3

Nigeria

DRINK YE ALL OF IT

TEXT: JOB 4:12; MATT. 26:27

''Now a thing was secretly brought to me, and mine ear received a little thereof.''

“And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;”

With God, there is sufficiency of all that is integral and necessitous for a smooth passage through this world: this would trust and obedience, accordingly, lay at our doorsteps. God names Himself as 'He who gives liberally and upbraids not' He Who dare charge God with stinginess, even his own breath would fight him! In matters that respect our souls, God has given us what is needed to be victorious here; the cup which God has given man, wherein abides healing and refreshing virtues, is accessible to all: this cup is His Son Jesus: we are all commanded to drink all of Him! The duty of every man, who loves his soul, and is with the apprehension of what lies ahead, is to spend time deliberately to drink of the healing portion of this cup! But alas, we are sloth species of men and women, who labor not to study Jesus and drink of Him. The Bible, which speaks volumes about Jesus, is out of league and covenant with many of us. Friends, thus says the Lord, 'The Bible is my whole counsel, take as such, Drink ye all of it!' Whatever God gives, He intendeds it for super-maximum use! See how vast a pure an ocean before us, but behold how sloth and full of dirty drink is our bowel that we loathe to drink therefrom! How multiplied are God sweet instructions to us, but our ears received and understand but a little thereof! Blessed be God who, in time of sickness, never stops to send His words for the healing of all our soul's distemper! How frequently do we hear voices from behind us saying, 'This is the way, walk therein!' Rise up, see; the manna is all over the camp: go out, oh hungry ones and take for yourselves! Draw not a cheat on yourselves by taken just a sip out of this boundless ocean of God's word. Labor to profit by and from scripture! Settle not for Viaticum, when you can have a feast thereof! What short Paul to the third heaven of grace, God's word, is in your hand: wherefore? I answer you: that you might possess the same kindred grace! It is not enough: there is more to our faith; there is more to Jesus than twelve baskets of bread; silver coins in the mouth of fish! there is more to your existence!

2023/3/31 3:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy